BoA screw up?

purplegirl247

<font color=purple>I joined for reason A<br><font
So last weekend I noticed that I had incurred a late fee on my cc because on my notes for my BoA card, I had confused a due date of 1/15 with a due date of 1/5. I paid the balance off immediately, then called customer service to ask them to waive the late fee, as I was late by about 12 hours, and because I've never been late in the ten years I've had the card. She said no problem.

Then she said, "Oh, I see your APR is 8.9%. Would you like to have it lowered to 1.9% for the next 12 months?" Sure.

Fast forward to today, a week later. I log in to my BoA site and lo and behold, I have another credit card there! What the...? I call right away and the lady says that yes, this new card was opened last weekend and yes, it has an $8k limit, and didn't she read me the terms and conditions for the new card? NO! I ask her why I would even want a card with that limit when my other BoA card (formerly MBNA) is $48k. She says that when the first lady opened this new account (without my permission), she pulled $8k from my other card! And it doesn't even have 1.9% APR; it only has that on balance transfers, which I KNOW I wouldn't have agreed to because I don't even carry balances on my other cards!

Anyway, this lady took care of it, so everything is back to normal, thank goodness. Hopefully it won't ding my credit, since everything was so short term. I told her that I wanted her manager to call me back as soon as he figure out who the first lady was. Basically, I want to know what was going on and what is going to happen to Ms. Randomly Open CC for People.

My question (and sorry this was so long leading up to it!) is, should I ask for something in return for this terrible error? If it was something like a bill, I would ask that we get a month free or something due to the inconvenience, but BoA doesn't exactly work like that. Should I just let it go?

Thanks in advance for your help/suggestions!

I work for a major bank, and to my knowledge there isn't anything to be asked for. Sometimes my company will send out attonement gifts when an error has been made, but these are few and far between. The new card could have been sold because someone was looking to up their incentive by making one more card sale.. which at my bank is grounds for discipline, up to and including termination. Or, it could be an honest mistake on behalf of the customer service rep that was helping you if they were not listening good. At my company all of the phone conversations are recorded for training purposes. You might want to see if their manager could review your conversation just to hear what really happened. Good luck.

This seems to be the thing BoA does, id you lok up old threads, I had the same thing happen to me upon opening a bank account, i got a CC in the mail instead! It has been agravating and I still havent had it taken off my report, i have to go back in my my credit took a ding from this.

It's something called High Line Redistribution (HLR for short). It's an old MBNA trick. They to have more wallet share by you having two of their cards in your wallet not just one. But they don't increase your available credit because you already have plenty. You can ask for something but they won't give it to you. If you don't revolve a balance you aren't a profitablecustomer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter