BLT Lounge Questions

There were many additonal cast members helping out with the tours and with directions. They were on all floors at the elevator stops and in the halls and even in the GV. I think some were called from other hotels to help out here. I do not think all of them were permanent DVC CM's.
We were left by our guide to explore on our own. We were asking many of the CM's different questions and I do not think they were all that familiar with DVC or the BLT. I think we knew more just from reading the DIS!
One women told me that there were no speakers on the viewing platform as we were so close and we would hear it. I actually pointed to something that looked like speakers and she said no, that is something else:confused3. They are speakers and confirmed later.
Another CM didn't really know if there was a difference between a dedicated two bedroom entryway or a one bedroom/studio combo. So on and so on.
We asked specifically about the lounge access and told that as long as we were staying on points and a member that we can access the lounge.
I agree that once it is open we will see what the rules really are.

King of like the CM at the BCV showroom over at BWV way back when. He was telling the guests that the sleeper sofa in the studio was queen sized. I thought every one knew the studio sleeper sofa was double sized.

I don't know how they would distinguish BLT owners. Any ideas about that?

I'm hoping that you have to be staying on points at BLT to use the lounge, but I also hope that the lounge doesn't go the way of the special BWV lounge that used to be. DVC is promoting the BLT lounge, maybe not fully clarifying usage, but doesn't the POS say that it doesn't have to remain DVC? Also, if you were around when they were selling BWV originally, was that lounge promoted as publically? eg. taking people on tours.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I agree, logistically I do not see how they can limit this to BLT owners only. I can see that they could easily limit it to BLT guests who are DVC members by asking for thier resort card which will show they are BLT guests and also asking for the blue DVC member card.

Lots of checking though for a lounge, I agree with UncleR, I see problems here. Personally I seriously hope I am wrong, I think there will be so many problems with it, DVC will pull it just like they did the Attic at BWV.

Guess I will find out first hand August 4th, I'm a DVC non-BLT owner staying on points at BLT that night. How much earlier should I get up there before the fireworks starts?

When we took the blt tour this pass tuesday we were told that the loung and observation deck is only available to dvc members whose home resort is blt. In addition the member would have to be currently staying at blt on points in order to access the lounge

it is not open to all dvc members
We also took the tour Thursday and were told the opposite. I don't think all the CM are on the same page. You could all be going to the same presentation and if you have a different tour guise, you'd get a different response. We're thinking of adding on 160 either at BLT or SSR. We're leaning towards SSR at this point. I'm not too crazy about high rise towers but the location is nice for BLT. My kids thought BLT is the Disney version of aLoft :confused:

I can't imagine them limiting to BLT owners. Any member staying at a resort other than their own has the same rights as the owners while they are there. That would be like limiting Stormalong Bay to only BCV owners but no one else staying at BCV.

We asked at one of the kiosks 2 weeks ago and the DVC person said the lounge access would be by reservations. They really don't know.

Lots of checking though for a lounge, I agree with UncleR, I see problems here. Personally I seriously hope I am wrong, I think there will be so many problems with it, DVC will pull it just like they did the Attic at BWV.

Would be nice if they retain it for members but as soon as they figure out

$$$ they can make renting it for weddings, etc.

they will probably stop all access at some point :sad1:

When we took the blt tour this pass tuesday we were told that the loung and observation deck is only available to dvc members whose home resort is blt. In addition the member would have to be currently staying at blt on points in order to access the lounge

it is not open to all dvc members

We were told that it was available for use by DVC Members who are staying at BLT, but not other resorts....

:) Tell me about the Attic, Sammie?? What wa that....I mean obviously a lounge, but what happened to it?:confused3

:) Tell me about the Attic, Sammie?? What wa that....I mean obviously a lounge, but what happened to it?:confused3

The attic is or was a very nice lounge area at the BW that was suppose to be exclusive to DVC members staying at the BWV, but it is now used only for private functions, VIPs, weddings and such.

This is a description from a wedding venue site:

Disney's Boardwalk Resort- The Attic
This location is one of Disney's best kept secrets! Located on the third floor of Disney's Boardwalk Villas, this cozy, cottage-like window filled room features a covered terrace that overlooks the waterfront and the International Gateway of Epcot.

Some of the orginial BWV members can probably share as to whether members ever got to use it.

I certainly hope DVC does not use the new lounge at BLT as a selling feature now, and later take it away, that would really stink. :headache:

I don't know how they would distinguish BLT owners. Any ideas about that?

I'm hoping that you have to be staying on points at BLT to use the lounge, but I also hope that the lounge doesn't go the way of the special BWV lounge that used to be. DVC is promoting the BLT lounge, maybe not fully clarifying usage, but doesn't the POS say that it doesn't have to remain DVC? Also, if you were around when they were selling BWV originally, was that lounge promoted as publically? eg. taking people on tours.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I can't imagine how they would be able to tell if you're a BLT owner or not. I own at 3 resorts, but not at BLT. We will be staying there on points for one night in December just to try the MK view. I will be very unhappy if I go to the lounge and I'm told I don't "own" at BLT so even though I'm spending 55 points to stay there for one night, I'm not allowed in the lounge. No, I don't think that would be popular.

we stopped at the open house at SSR on Saturday. They told us the lounge would be open to those staying on DVC points at BLT only. If a BLT owner was using their points somewhere else, they can't come up.

so basically they said you have to be staying at BLT on a points reservation to access the lounge...until it fills up

Hmm, now this was interesting - first I'll post the link, and then I'll post the text. From allears.net, a page with some photos of the lounge:

http://allears.net/acc/g_blt_tow.htm

And here is the text under the photos:

"According to information provided during the preview tour: The door to the lounge will require a room key from BLT to open. Occupancy for the Top of the World lounge is 499 people, however, there is only seating for 77 people. The lounge is one big open room, with a long bar, with a glass picture of 2 monorails in the background. There is also1 seating area, that can be separated from the main room by curtains, that seats 6, maybe 8 people. Inside the seating area, there are 6 photos of Tomorrowland. There is of course the outside viewing area for the Magic Kingdom, and there is another one behind the bar, that oversees Bay Lake.
Report by Kerry and Chad"

Not sure how accurate the info was but it was interesting. I agree with several others who believe we won't know official policy for another month or so when BLT opens.

Fireworks can be seen from the sky bridge between the buildings (BLT guest only) there are speakers ther as well.

The lounge is for BLT gueasts staying on member points only.

This is what was said during the tour we took last week. The tour guide (a DVC salesman) said that they expect the rules to watch the fireworks from the lounge to change. This is due to the overwelming desire to watch the show from up there and so little space. But only time will tell.

Mike

EDIT.

The previous entry is correct. The outdoor area (only 2 or 3 benches) will hold alot more than the indoor area. I could see standing room only outside during the shows.

When we took the tour in April the guide told us that there would be the frosted glass all the way across the skywalk so people would not be able to watch the fireworks from there, as that would be a fire hazard to have it crammed with people. :confused3 There was frosted glass about halfway down the skywalk at that time. Anyone know what will happen there?

We were also told the lounge was available to DVC members staying on points at BLT only, not that you had to be a BLT owner.

When we took the tour in April the guide told us that there would be the frosted glass all the way across the skywalk so people would not be able to watch the fireworks from there, as that would be a fire hazard to have it crammed with people. :confused3 There was frosted glass about halfway down the skywalk at that time. Anyone know what will happen there?

Last week (or the week before), someone took the tour and posted that the remaining glass would be coming down.

We were there last night. The guide made a point to tell us the glass was only there for the final faze of the construction and would soon be removed. He said that walkway will be open on the sides above the top of the rail (not really a rail but a concrete wall). Of course the first thing my 4 yo son did was to try and climb atop the side to get a better look which gave me a nice chill down my spine! He had his hand held for the rest of the time up there:). I would definately recommend keeping a hold of young curious children up there that are capable of jumping up on the wall, there are no ledges or other protection from falling.

Last week (or the week before), someone took the tour and posted that the remaining glass would be coming down.

I heard that, too, and was surprised given what we had been told. I can't believe all the contradicting information coming from the DVC CMs!

We were there last night. The guide made a point to tell us the glass was only there for the final faze of the construction and would soon be removed. He said that walkway will be open on the sides above the top of the rail (not really a rail but a concrete wall). Of course the first thing my 4 yo son did was to try and climb atop the side to get a better look which gave me a nice chill down my spine! He had his hand held for the rest of the time up there:). I would definately recommend keeping a hold of young curious children up there that are capable of jumping up on the wall, there are no ledges or other protection from falling.

That's scary!:scared1: It will be nice to have the view from there, but you're right, everyone will need to keep ahold of those kiddos' hands!:goodvibes

Well I'm confused about the walk way:confused3 If they take the glass down and make it all open, then it will be exposed to the frequent driving rains and storms - I thought that was supposed to be our 'entrance' to BLT once we checked in at CR. So in bad weather we have to check in at CR and then walk across that long, wet walkway, or else walk our luggage over to BLT outside? And during Wishes it will surely get jammed with people trying to watch the fireworks from there. That doesn't make any sense to me - I thought the frosted glass was such a great idea. Am I missing something?!

All I have heard (from various DVC people but mostly the reps on the cruise I took in May) is that the restriction will be to DVC members who are staying at BLT, not DVC members whose home resort is BLT.

All I have heard (from various DVC people but mostly the reps on the cruise I took in May) is that the restriction will be to DVC members who are staying at BLT, not DVC members whose home resort is BLT.

That makes the most sense, but I'll believe it when I see it : )

facebook twitter