BLT Lounge Questions

nezy

DIS Veteran
Will the Lounge only be available to DVC guests staying at BLT or can you go there if you are staying elsewhere?

If so, do you have to be a DVC member or staying at a DVC property?

The reason I ask is, I saw a youtube video of a tour and it showed the use of a keycard to enter the lounge area.

:) I am pretty sure you have to be staying at BLT, not sure if you have to be a member of DVC. It would be crazy not to let a non-member in...what a great view for marketing and selling more contracts. That youtube video was very cool.:worship:

I just looked at the video again-the door had a sign"Members' Lounge-Keycard Acccess 11:00pm-7:00am" so perhaps you need a key card to enter during those late hours--
I agree-it would be a good self-promotion to allow access.

There is very limited space in the lounge, not nearly enough for every guest of BLT. Why should they let people not staying at BLT in this lounge if other guests actually staying there can't get in?

It's kind of like watching the fireworks from the California Grill. You have to be dining there at that time to watch from there.

I wouldn't think that every guest would go to the Lounge. There aren't many lounge/bar areas in any of the resorts that could accommodate ALL of the guests. If the issue or concern is that BLT resort guests/members would not be able to see the fireworks there could be limited access during the fireworks or perhaps limit access to DVC members.
Disney doesn't seem to limit the access to paying customers at other "lounges"--anyone who wants to can go to SSR, or the Poly or GF or AK and sit and have a drink.

California Grill is a different thing because it is a restaurant-you can't just walk into any restaurant and sit down but you can pretty much walk into any bar-
I am not trying to cause a stir just trying to get info.

From another thread about the Lounge.

i
just spoke with member services and they provided this information:

hours - 5p-12 midnight

max occupancy - 77 people

first come first serve basis - no reservations can be made

requirements - has to be a dvc reservation at bay lake tower only and visitors will be asked for room key, they will be checking to see if cardholders are dvc members

Sammie:
77 people really isn't a whole lot. I can see some angry confrontations at the door (during fireworks time especially) when DVC folks who ARE staying at BLT can't get in.

I think there's also an observation deck. The video of the preview showed speakers out there and it could hold more people than just the ones in the lounge.

At the California Grill, you don't have to be eating when the fireworks are taking place. If you ate earlier, you can use your receipt to get back up to the observation deck for the fireworks.

Since the DVC deck also has speakers it should be a great view up there, too!

Bobbi:goodvibes

There is very limited space in the lounge, not nearly enough for every guest of BLT. Why should they let people not staying at BLT in this lounge if other guests actually staying there can't get in?

It's kind of like watching the fireworks from the California Grill. You have to be dining there at that time to watch from there.

Not exactly the same... even if you dined at CG earlier in the evening, your receipt will get you back up the elevator later on to watch the fireworks. I've only done that once when we had extended family with us but it was worth it.

Outside the lounge are outdoor viewing platforms. They sign reads maximum occupancy 499 people! Would think that those hundreds of people will be blocking the windows of the lounge during fireworks. It will be interesting to see how this all works out.
I do believe that the view will be great from that area and look forward to our November stay to expereince it once there and once in our MK view dedicated two bedroom with the music coming from the TV.:cool1:

Outside the lounge are outdoor viewing platforms. They sign reads maximum occupancy 499 people! Would think that those hundreds of people will be blocking the windows of the lounge during fireworks. It will be interesting to see how this all works out.
I do believe that the view will be great from that area and look forward to our November stay to expereince it once there and once in our MK view dedicated two bedroom with the music coming from the TV.:cool1:

Really, the music will come from the tv? Cool. We'll be there in Dec in a MK view one bedroom. Just one night to try the place and we won't likely be back for a long time. I"ll have to remember about the fireworks music.

Although the lounge is nice, if you were staying in a MK view room, it would be nicer to watch the fireworks from your own room as they confirmed it during the tour that music will be available on your TV. I'm guessing it would be mostly bay lake view and standard view room occupants that would want to go to the lounge. We were als told that only DVC members staying on points at BLT will have access to the lounge.

When we took the blt tour this pass tuesday we were told that the loung and observation deck is only available to dvc members whose home resort is blt. In addition the member would have to be currently staying at blt on points in order to access the lounge

it is not open to all dvc members

When we took the blt tour this pass tuesday we were told that the loung and observation deck is only available to dvc members whose home resort is blt. In addition the member would have to be currently staying at blt on points in order to access the lounge

Wow, that will not go over well. And, I am wondering how they will know? I own at BLT and my DVC blue membership card does not tell my home resort.

I really think that no one will know for sure exactly what is going to happen until August 4th, when the resort opens, and members actually have a chance to use it.

I know that the sign from the video that is out there says "DVC members" so it definitely seems the plan is to limit cash guests booked from CRO, but I just can not imagine the "only BLT owners" rule lasting very long.

Interesting....and it has also been reported that it will be accessible to
non-BLT owning DVC members who are staying there at BLT on points reservation. :confused3 Guess we will know for sure next month when a non-BLT owning member who is among the first to stay at BLT attempts to access the lounge.

:)

And when turned away creates such a scene that security has to be called!!

Unless they restrict access somehow, this has the look of the California Grill BEFORE they instituted the second floor check-in. There were actually shoving matches at the elevators in those days among folks all geared up to watch the fireworks and in no mood to be put off.

And when turned away creates such a scene that security has to be called!!

Well hopefully that will not be necessary :scared1: but I am always willing to

believe folks will do the right thing......:rolleyes: although I do wonder

what reaction will be if BLT lounge ends up like Attic at BWV :eek: ??

I don't know how they would distinguish BLT owners. Any ideas about that?

I'm hoping that you have to be staying on points at BLT to use the lounge, but I also hope that the lounge doesn't go the way of the special BWV lounge that used to be. DVC is promoting the BLT lounge, maybe not fully clarifying usage, but doesn't the POS say that it doesn't have to remain DVC? Also, if you were around when they were selling BWV originally, was that lounge promoted as publically? eg. taking people on tours.

Bobbi:goodvibes

There were many additonal cast members helping out with the tours and with directions. They were on all floors at the elevator stops and in the halls and even in the GV. I think some were called from other hotels to help out here. I do not think all of them were permanent DVC CM's.
We were left by our guide to explore on our own. We were asking many of the CM's different questions and I do not think they were all that familiar with DVC or the BLT. I think we knew more just from reading the DIS!
One women told me that there were no speakers on the viewing platform as we were so close and we would hear it. I actually pointed to something that looked like speakers and she said no, that is something else:confused3. They are speakers and confirmed later.
Another CM didn't really know if there was a difference between a dedicated two bedroom entryway or a one bedroom/studio combo. So on and so on.
We asked specifically about the lounge access and told that as long as we were staying on points and a member that we can access the lounge.
I agree that once it is open we will see what the rules really are.

facebook twitter