BLT 2BR Dedicated vs Lock-off

UA DVC Member

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about BLT 2BR units. We will have my wife and me with our two adult daughters and their significant others. It looks like the dedicated 2BRs have better bedroom space but don’t really have much space in the kitchen to eat. The lock-off unit looks like it has a big dining booth but the secondary BR has a queen bed and a double sized fold out sofa bed.

We generally eat breakfast in the unit and sometimes lunch. We really enjoy going out to dinner so we never cook a dinner in the unit. Which do you think would be a better fit for us?

TIA for your thoughts!

don’t really have much space in the kitchen to eat.

I don't think that is accurate I think they are the same kitchen layouts. I could be wrong though so maybe someone can comment.

It looks like the dedicated 2BRs have better bedroom space

Sort of as you do remove the kitchenette but that may or may not be useful. The benefit of it in the girls room area would be an extra sink and some extra counter space with a mirror.

Go with the dedicated. The layout is fantastic. The kitchen area with the island and the dining room table area with the bench seats offer a lot of room. We love the large living room area with the big windows, the king bedroom offers a lot of room, the two queens in the second bedroom give you some flexibility and the extra full bathroom is great

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about BLT 2BR units. We will have my wife and me with our two adult daughters and their significant others. It looks like the dedicated 2BRs have better bedroom space but don’t really have much space in the kitchen to eat. The lock-off unit looks like it has a big dining booth but the secondary BR has a queen bed and a double sized fold out sofa bed.

We generally eat breakfast in the unit and sometimes lunch. We really enjoy going out to dinner so we never cook a dinner in the unit. Which do you think would be a better fit for us?

TIA for your thoughts!

From what I remember, the units on the outside of the curve have a larger kitchen area than the inner circle rooms because of how they have to fit that circular shape. There are some floor plans that show the difference, maybe some have the bar stools and others don´t.

Go with the dedicated. The layout is fantastic. The kitchen area with the island and the dining room table area with the bench seats offer a lot of room. We love the large living room area with the big windows, the king bedroom offers a lot of room, the two queens in the second bedroom give you some flexibility and the extra full bathroom is great
Thanks for the feedback! From a floor plan I saw online, it looked like with the dedicated there was only a small island and no other eating area. So glad to hear that this is not the case!

From what I remember, the units on the outside of the curve have a larger kitchen area than the inner circle rooms because of how they have to fit that circular shape. There are some floor plans that show the difference, maybe some have the bar stools and others don´t.
Great tip! Do you know which rooms to request if I wanted to try to get an outside curve one? Are those the Lake View and Theme Park view categories?

Great tip! Do you know which rooms to request if I wanted to try to get an outside curve one? Are those the Lake View and Theme Park view categories?

Sorry, I can´t help with the room location, but I have seen the numbers somewhere on the dis. It has been a long time since we stayed there. Our first trip was a lake view that caught a glimpse of Space Mt. It was a beautiful view.

The main advantage of the lock-off is a "privacy door" which breaks the unit into 2 units. Turns it into a 1 BR with a connecting studio. Which also gives you a second kitchenette if that's helpful.

So it's really: Privacy door and 2nd kitchenette vs. having 2 regular beds (instead of a pull-out).

The dedicated will give the guests in the second bedroom a bit more room in the bedroom (the beds won't touch). There is no kitchenette. With the lockoff, there is about one foot between the bed and the sleeper sofa when the sleeper sofa is opened up.
BLT_2bd_16x9.jpg

Thanks for the feedback! From a floor plan I saw online, it looked like with the dedicated there was only a small island and no other eating area. So glad to hear that this is not the case!

Someone else recently asked about the dinette in the dedicated 2BR too. Basically the online floorplan is incorrect as you can see above. It is not a couch across from the kitchen but the is the exact same booth dinette as you saw on the 1BR floorplan.

^^Great to know about the dinette. That was my main hesitation about the dedicated unit. Plus, from what I understand it’s easier to book the dedicated unit vs the lock-off. That will be important because BLT is not my home resort so I’ll be trying to get one at 7 months instead of 11 months.

^^Great to know about the dinette. That was my main hesitation about the dedicated unit. Plus, from what I understand it’s easier to book the dedicated unit vs the lock-off. That will be important because BLT is not my home resort so I’ll be trying to get one at 7 months instead of 11 months.

Yes, it is typically easier for the dedicated. Good luck in reserving it!

I’m at BLT right now in a dedicated 2BR. Our room is xx44 and we are the very last room, facing the Contemporary on the outside of the C. Our room is very spacious. We can see the Contemporary marina, Contemporary Pools, Discovvery Island, and the top of Wilderness Lodge in the distance. There is a door that closes off the 2nd bedroom from the entry, closet in the 2nd BR, closet in the entry, closet in the master and plenty of room in the LR. I have had an inner C room before and I feel like this is a little more spacious being on the outer C. The 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom in the Dedicated 2BR is a dealbreaker for our family!

If there are 4 adults in second bedroom go with dedicated. The lockoff studio is small and cramped. Good for two adults but not comfortable for 4

Sorry for my confusion, don't all the 2BR in BLT have 2 regular queen beds in the 2nd BR?

Sorry for my confusion, don't all the 2BR in BLT have 2 regular queen beds in the 2nd BR?
Only the dedicated 2 bedrooms will have 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom. For a lock-off 2 bedroom, the studio becomes bedroom #2 and it has a queen bed and a sleeper sofa.

If you have 4 adults in the second bedroom, 10000000% go for the dedicated 2BR at BLT. The studio as a second bedroom is too small for 4 adults (I think the pull out is a full size, not a queen), andyou won't need to kitchenette sink because you'll have a full bath off of the living room too - so 3 full baths in either layout, but the bathroom layout in the studio (2nd bedroom of a lockoff) is a little awkward and unnecessary.

BLT 2BR Dedicated.jpg
Dedicated BLT 2BR The pullout couch in the living is a queen and the over sized pullout chair is twin bed. The rooms on the outside curve of the building are all even numbered rooms. Most are theme park view and those on each end are lake view. One plus with a BLT dedicated is that you have 3 bathrooms, one attached to each bedroom and another off of the kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter