"Black Lives Matter" - it's stupid. Just cut the crap.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just not about these incidents. Maybe they are protesting as a whole. Maybe it's what they've seen in their environment. In their everyday lives in their very own neighborhood. I have personally, with my own two eyes, witnessed cops beating someone up who was defenseless AND hands up so I get what they are saying.

My XH, who is a state corrections officer (and USMC veteran), was beaten by 4 cops while he was cuffed. That case is still pending FOUR years later. And through this all he still defends the good cops.

But this also outlines why it's not helpful and downright inflammatory to frame this as Black Lives Matter or Blue Lives matter or any other kind of nonsense. Outlining something on that basis creates divisions based on nothing to do with individuals and their actions, instead making a construct of us versus them. In order to hold the officers responsible for their actions it's necessary to understand there are still good cops doing their jobs the way they should. Black Lives Matter, Blue Lives Matter, any of that simply serves to create meaningless divisions that don't help to solve the actual problems. Every person should be treated with the same respect and held responsible for their actions.

OK..... but what can we DO to make it better? This is a very serious question and I want to be part of the solution, not the problem. How do I help?

I live in a rural, middle-class neighborhood and have had discussions with my black and ethnic friends. They don't live with the daily fear of being attacked because of their race when in our community. I know this is not the norm, tho. I see people as people.

So I'm asking a very serious question...... what do we do to help when we are not in the battle zones?

Claudia, I would add that a lot of us think issues would never happen to us, until they actually do. Such is life, isn't it? Don't we all learn that hard lesson in life? I have learned that lesson many times, obviously not as horrific as a loved one dead. I'm happy that you live somewhere where this is not a daily issue for your friends, very happy to hear.

(OT, but I was watching a CNN taped piece about a small town in Arkansas where the KKK has a presence. I was overjoyed to see that residents in that almost all white town, work hard to speak out against racism. To fight some of these issues. This is progress for sure.)

And the driver I was referencing in my earlier post - she has some issues with Black Lives Matter. Most often their narrative. And defends police practices at times. I am often more outraged and incensed. So even that doesn't fall on racial lines in my life.

It is not a daily issue here either Claudia- I am hardly in any battle zone and am lucky to live in a city and country that works hard to find answers and if not answers at least conversations, but I am still outraged by unjust practices that go on here and in your country. And a few personal incidents over the years, have built up.

Who knows the answer. Of course I don't have a clue.

But burying our heads in the sand that there is not a problem is not one of them. And letting the horrific murders of courageous police officers mean that the protesting and outcry and conversations over the conduct of some police officers - and the lack of justice on a lot of the crimes - have no merit is asinine. Sorry for the harsh word, but I can't think of a better one.

I'm overly emotional, as usual, and rambled. But I am raw.

God help us all, truly. I am so very sad all around.

Last edited:
My son, who is white, is also 14 and also has Autism. He is followed whenever he ventures out alone as well, because his behavior does not fit the norm. I don't like it, but I understand it, as to look at him, you do not know he is autistic unless you are informed of such. Has nothing to do with his race.

But rickybobby, so many are followed and treated suspiciously because of their race (beyond blacks since we all discuss black and white like there are no other races, sigh). Are you denying that by your rhetoric?

Why? Because in many of our countries, black people are somehow responsible for others of their race committing crimes.

Thank God I'm not responsible for the mainly white pedophiles or serial killers. Insert sarcasm.

And those white young men and women that torched Vancouver after the Stanley Cup, no judgement on whites and their anger and violence. They were just misguided youth, move on. The young blacks that looted throughout Baltimore, they are not just misguided youth - they are black this or that. Black blah blah blah. Both were disgusting hooligans. And misguided. And using a situation to selfishly unleash their anger and out of control emotions. But totally not discussed the same or thought of the same by many. Black this or that comments proves that point.

My God it must be exhausting to be responsible for your entire race.

All Lives Matter

It all depends on how you view the world

Personally - i wish we could get to a point where instead of seeing

Black/White/Gay/Straight/Christian/Muslim

And just see one word. HUMAN

We would all love to do that. But that does not come with denying truths of others' experiences. And to speak of an issue never means all lives do not matter.

Accepting that crap really does happen, putting myself in others' shoes and knowing and seeing that I can be ignorant and unjust in thoughts to those around me - sometimes along racial/sexual/religious lines - helps me see all people as human. So yes it does depend on how one views the world, I fully agree.

Just as I'm sure law enforcement officers are tired of burying their own in some sort of misguided payment for the actions of a few bad apples.

Fully agree. Absolutely.

Felt beyond sick to my stomach. And have said how much I feel for them and their position. And how horrific it is to see what happened.

Once again, two thoughts at the same time.

Nonsense. Black Lives Matter is a specific response to the targeting of blacks by police that has been occuring in this country for over 100 years.
Yeah, nothing has improved in 100 years, has it?

If it is true that's has nothing to do with MY neighborhood where none of the white kids have been stopped.
Do you actually believe white kids are stopped and searched equally?

Yes its very true. And yes I do believe that. I also know that a white kid and black kid together will be stopped. Happened many times.

And a white kid will be put on the ground just as quick as a black kid for not complying. Ds felt it necessary to defend his friend to the police that had pulled them over. Guess where ds ended up? He also went to jail for not knowing when to shut up. He learned, things are much different now.

Just as I'm sure law enforcement officers are tired of burying their own in some sort of misguided payment for the actions of a few bad apples.

This it's a tit for tat response that really does nothing but continue a circular conversation.
Here's the part you were responded to, with the part you quoted bolded.
But rickybobby, so many are followed and treated suspiciously because of their race (beyond blacks since we all discuss black and white like there are no other races, sigh). Are you denying that by your rhetoric?

Why? Because in many of our countries, black people are somehow responsible for others of their race committing crimes.

Thank God I'm not responsible for the mainly white pedophiles or serial killers. Insert sarcasm.

And those white young men and women that torched Vancouver after the Stanley Cup, no judgement on whites and their anger and violence. They were just misguided youth, move on. The young blacks that looted throughout Baltimore, they are not just misguided youth - they are black this or that. Black blah blah blah. Both were disgusting hooligans. And misguided. And using a situation to selfishly unleash their anger and out of control emotions. But totally not discussed the same or thought of the same by many. Black this or that comments proves that point.

My God it must be exhausting to be responsible for your entire race.

Honestly it reminds me of children. Everything has to be a back and forth of why someone else is wrong.

This it's a tit for tat response that really does nothing but continue a circular conversation.
Here's the part you were responded to, with the part you quoted bolded.

Honestly it reminds me of children. Everything has to be a back and forth of why someone else is wrong.

The act was implicitly "tit for tat" whether I pointed it out or not, although that phrasing minimalizes it in a way I'm not comfortable with.

"Black Lives Matter", "Blue Lives Matter", "Purple Lives Matter", "<any descriptor> Lives Matter"....

They're all just stupid.

How about "ALL Lives Matter"?

Anything else just perpetuates disparity and violence.

Flame me if you like. I think I've had it with all the violence.
All lives matter. I don't care what race a person is. No flame here. I think all this protesting is bringing out all kinds of hating issues in so many people. All the rage in peoples hearts is where it begins. Down here in San Jose they once again blocked the freeway. This is not going to solve anything.

Any person whose response to BLM is that ALL lives matter really don't get it... No argument will make them understand.

I don't know. I think many understand quite well and just want to play dumb about it because their real opinion sounds bad. It's really not that hard to understand the concept behind black lives matter. All the rest is just a debate about whether one agrees with the sentiments behind it or not. Of course people want to ignore the sentiments behind it for a variety of reasons so they just pretend to not understand or misunderstand it.

"Doctor, my leg is broken."
"OK. Let's do a full body x-ray."
"But doctor, I can tell you, this particular bone is snapped clean in half and protruding through the skin! My other bones are fine!"
"We can't give your leg any special attention. All bones matter."

Oh, and this.

Here are five key statistics you need to know about cops killing blacks.

1. Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks in 2015. According to data compiled by The Washington Post, 50 percent of the victims of fatal police shootings were white, while 26 percent were black. The majority of these victims had a gun or "were armed or otherwise threatening the officer with potentially lethal force," according to MacDonald in a speech at Hillsdale College.

Some may argue that these statistics are evidence of racist treatment toward blacks, since whites consist of 62 percent of the population and blacks make up 12 percent of the population. But as MacDonald writes in The Wall Street Journal, 2009 statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics reveal that blacks were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the 75 biggest counties in the country, despite only comprising roughly 15 percent of the population in these counties.

"Such a concentration of criminal violence in minority communities means that officers will be disproportionately confronting armed and often resisting suspects in those communities, raising officers’ own risk of using lethal force," writes MacDonald.

MacDonald also pointed out in her Hillsdale speech that blacks "commit 75 percent of all shootings, 70 percent of all robberies, and 66 percent of all violent crime" in New York City, even though they consist of 23 percent of the city's population.

"The black violent crime rate would actually predict that more than 26 percent of police victims would be black," MacDonald said. "Officer use of force will occur where the police interact most often with violent criminals, armed suspects, and those resisting arrest, and that is in black neighborhoods."

2. More whites and Hispanics die from police homicides than blacks. According to MacDonald, 12 percent of white and Hispanic homicide deaths were due to police officers, while only four percent of black homicide deaths were the result of police officers.

"If we’re going to have a 'Lives Matter' anti-police movement, it would be more appropriately named "White and Hispanic Lives Matter,'" said MacDonald in her Hillsdale speech.

3. The Post's data does show that unarmed black men are more likely to die by the gun of a cop than an unarmed white man...but this does not tell the whole story. In August 2015, the ratio was seven-to-one of unarmed black men dying from police gunshots compared to unarmed white men; the ratio was six-to-one by the end of 2015. But MacDonald points out in The Marshall Project that looking at the details of the actual incidents that occurred paints a different picture:

The “unarmed” label is literally accurate, but it frequently fails to convey highly-charged policing situations. In a number of cases, if the victim ended up being unarmed, it was certainly not for lack of trying. At least five black victims had reportedly tried to grab the officer’s gun, or had been beating the cop with his own equipment. Some were shot from an accidental discharge triggered by their own assault on the officer. And two individuals included in the Post’s “unarmed black victims” category were struck by stray bullets aimed at someone else in justified cop shootings. If the victims were not the intended targets, then racism could have played no role in their deaths.

In one of those unintended cases, an undercover cop from the New York Police Department was conducting a gun sting in Mount Vernon, just north of New York City. One of the gun traffickers jumped into the cop’s car, stuck a pistol to his head, grabbed $2,400 and fled. The officer gave chase and opened fire after the thief again pointed his gun at him. Two of the officer’s bullets accidentally hit a 61-year-old bystander, killing him. That older man happened to be black, but his race had nothing to do with his tragic death. In the other collateral damage case, Virginia Beach, Virginia, officers approached a car parked at a convenience store that had a homicide suspect in the passenger seat. The suspect opened fire, sending a bullet through an officer’s shirt. The cops returned fire, killing their assailant as well as a woman in the driver’s seat. That woman entered the Post’s database without qualification as an “unarmed black victim” of police fire.

MacDonald examines a number of other instances, including unarmed black men in San Diego, CA and Prince George's County, MD attempting to reach for a gun in a police officer's holster. In the San Diego case, the unarmed black man actually "jumped the officer" and assaulted him, and the cop shot the man since he was "fearing for his life." MacDonald also notes that there was an instance in 2015 where "three officers were killed with their own guns, which the suspects had wrestled from them."

4. Black and Hispanic police officers are more likely to fire a gun at blacks than white officers. This is according to a Department of Justice report in 2015 about the Philadelphia Police Department, and is further confirmed that by a study conducted University of Pennsylvania criminologist Gary Ridgeway in 2015 that determined black cops were 3.3 times more likely to fire a gun than other cops at a crime scene.

5. Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops. This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black. According to MacDonald, the police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

Despite the facts, the anti-police rhetoric of Black Lives Matter and their leftist sympathizers have resulted in what MacDonald calls the "Ferguson Effect," as murders have spiked by 17 percent among the 50 biggest cities in the U.S. as a result of cops being more reluctant to police neighborhoods out of fear of being labeled as racists. Additionally, there have been over twice as many cops victimized by fatal shootings in the first three months of 2016.

Anti-police rhetoric has deadly consequences.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter