"Black Lives Matter" - it's stupid. Just cut the crap.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black lives systemically don't matter to other black folks. The majority of black murders are committed by other blacks. Never mind it's all the evil white mans fault.

The point of the Black Lives Matter movement isn't that all lives don't matter. Obviously, they do. But protesters are concerned with the systematic racism that is present in our society. Do yourself a favor and take the Harvard Implicit Association Test (google Project Implicit). It's a really sobering look at your own biases.

I can see why politics are banned from the DIS, they can get unpleasant fast.

Because white lives already matter. It's black lives that currently systemically don't.

This line is always thrown out by racial hucksters in the media. Never mind that their favorite punching bag Jesse Jackson and others have spoken out against inner city violence for at least 20 years now. But it's convenient for them to ignore that fact and push their false meme. It's also convenient for them to ignore that over 80% of white murder victims were killed by other whites. But all we get are why aren't blacks protesting inner city violence? The truth is, they are. These hucksters in the media are the ones that are full of crap. And you would be wise not to listen to them.

So by protesting, what are they doing?
Marching? Giving speeches? Or actually taking action?

That kind of reasoning is why I have trouble feeling the Pulse incident has special significance because it targeted gay victims. It's repugnant because it targeted people peacefully living their lives. That's enough right there for every single speck of humanity to call it wrong. There's no need to delineate and attempt to make it a more heinous act by virtue of the victims, it's an assault on all of us, hurts all of us who are humans. We need to pull together and quit looking at how people are different from us and accept each other as fellow human beings, all just trying to live our lives.

While the idea that Black Lives Matter seems to be coming from valid concern, in the end I believe it only divides us in ways we shouldn't be divided. Police using force wantonly and recklessly is a threat to everyone, including police.

Should we get rid of the "hate crimes"? Murder is murder no matter what color you are.

Why did I open this thread - I sort of knew what kind of racism I could expect and this thread did not disappoint.

You started to this thread to get a reaction and you got it. Don't act innocent now.

* My fault. I see now you are not the OP. My apologies.

There is a child I care about very much. He is 14, very tall 6'6"+, big and autistic. He is well behaved, a good student, and likes the things that 14 year old boys tend to like- video games, playing basketball, hanging out at the pool. His mom works, and his dad just passed away from a lengthy illness, so he often walks home from our neighborhood clubhouse, or the store alone.
If he was white I would be worried that maybe he would get picked on for being autistic.
If he were white, we would think his size is a good thing, it would protect him from those bullies.
If he were white the cops would be the ones who would help him, if there ever were a situation.
But he is not white. And everytime he leaves the house his mom worries about whether he'll get to come home. He has already been stopped twice. Twice. At Fourteen. For walking while black.
He has nothing to do with black on black crime in Chicago.the worst thing this kid has ever done, is not clean his room.
Ignoring this as an issue does not make it go away.
This kid's life matters, and he shouldn't have to play by different rules because he is black.

"Black Lives Matter" ringleaders are a punk group of terrorists stirring up hate, racial tension and exclusivity. They are going to get much worse.

What building did black lives matter suicide bomb? What Americans did black lives matter murder by cutting off their heads with knives and then post said videos on the web? When exactly did Black lives matter declare holy war on America? I must have totally missed all that.

Black lives systemically don't matter to other black folks. The majority of black murders are committed by other blacks. Never mind it's all the evil white mans fault.

This illogic can easily be turned right back around because over 80% of white murder victims were killed by other whites. And we can then make the fallacious jump to white lives don't matter systemically to other whites because a minority of whites decided to murder other whites. And then we can make another fallacious jump to demanding any white that makes any comment on any racial issue also complain about that and then add a But never mind. Fear the black man right to the end of it. It's a fallacious argument.

Last edited:
There is a child I care about very much. He is 14, very tall 6'6"+, big and autistic. He is well behaved, a good student, and likes the things that 14 year old boys tend to like- video games, playing basketball, hanging out at the pool. His mom works, and his dad just passed away from a lengthy illness, so he often walks home from our neighborhood clubhouse, or the store alone.
If he was white I would be worried that maybe he would get picked on for being autistic.
If he were white, we would think his size is a good thing, it would protect him from those bullies.
If he were white the cops would be the ones who would help him, if there ever were a situation.
But he is not white. And everytime he leaves the house his mom worries about whether he'll get to come home. He has already been stopped twice. Twice. At Fourteen. For walking while black.
He has nothing to do with black on black crime in Chicago.the worst thing this kid has ever done, is not clean his room.
This kid's life matters, and he shouldn't have to play by different rules because he is black.
I agree. Racial profiling is unfair.

But do the lives not matter just because we are fellow human beings not because of race? If we want the calling out of race to stop then we have to stop calling it out. Innocent lives matter.

The blue lives matter or all lives matter slogans were only used as a counter to black lives matter. That's where it runs into people a problem. They aren't just general statements about lives mattering, leave and love, unity and all that. They are about countering and dismissing the sentiments people starting using black lives matter to express. It's a way to disagree with the concerns being brought up while being coy.

A lot of assumptions in your post.

What building did black lives matter suicide bomb? What Americans did black lives matter murder by cutting off their heads with knives and then post said videos on the web? When exactly did Black lives matter declare holy war on America? I must have totally missed all that.
The primary definition of terrorism per Dictionary.com is "the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes." Terrorism can be many different things.

However I think that calling BLM terrorists is a bit strong.

The blue lives matter or all lives matter slogans were only used as a counter to black lives matter. That's where it runs into people a problem. They aren't just general statements about lives mattering, leave and love, unity and all that. They are about countering and dismissing the sentiments people starting using black lives matter to express. It's a way to disagree with the concerns being brought up while being coy.
I see Blue Lives Matter being used because many see them as being under siege and want to show their support. Some people believe in both slogans.

The point of the Black Lives Matter movement isn't that all lives don't matter. Obviously, they do. But protesters are concerned with the systematic racism that is present in our society. Do yourself a favor and take the Harvard Implicit Association Test (google Project Implicit). It's a really sobering look at your own biases.

I can see why politics are banned from the DIS, they can get unpleasant fast.

I took it and it said I have a moderate automatic preference for Black people over White people. Definitely not true. I'm not drawing any sobering conclusions from this internet test.

Should we get rid of the "hate crimes"? Murder is murder no matter what color you are.

Actually I do think there is some value in the hate crime designation for legal purposes. Flagging out those acts as heinous with the designation and punishment possibly serves some value as a deterrent in some instances, and is a statement that prejudice and bigotry has no place in our society.

Because white lives already matter. It's black lives that currently systemically don't.

This line is always thrown out by racial hucksters in the media. Never mind that their favorite punching bag Jesse Jackson and others have spoken out against inner city violence for at least 20 years now. But it's convenient for them to ignore that fact and push their false meme. It's also convenient for them to ignore that over 80% of white murder victims were killed by other whites. But all we get are why aren't blacks protesting inner city violence? The truth is, they are. These hucksters in the media are the ones that are full of crap. And you would be wise not to listen to them.

Your are ignoring the fact that Blacks are murdered at a rate of 5 times that of whites. And that 90% of that is by other Blacks. And those like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton will complain until a payoff is made and they go towards the next payday

"Doctor, my leg is broken."
"OK. Let's do a full body x-ray."
"But doctor, I can tell you, this particular bone is snapped clean in half and protruding through the skin! My other bones are fine!"
"We can't give your leg any special attention. All bones matter."

Oh, and this.

I meant to click "this" and I clicked "report". Not sure anything did happen, but just want mods to know that was a mistake

I don't think so. Blue lives matter came about from Cops being targeted. All lives matter because it shouldn't be about race. Maybe we should stop assuming that everyone's agenda is against our own.

If BLM wants to make a difference maybe they should stop marching and start doing something. Make changes in their communities or those of others. Sit down with officers and have a conversation-not a screaming match-of how to bring the black communities and the officers that protect them together. But marching down the road yelling hands up don't shoot isn't productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter