"Black Lives Matter" - it's stupid. Just cut the crap.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DizBelle

DIS Veteran
"Black Lives Matter", "Blue Lives Matter", "Purple Lives Matter", "<any descriptor> Lives Matter"....

They're all just stupid.

How about "ALL Lives Matter"?

Anything else just perpetuates disparity and violence.

Flame me if you like. I think I've had it with all the violence.

"Doctor, my leg is broken."
"OK. Let's do a full body x-ray."
"But doctor, I can tell you, this particular bone is snapped clean in half and protruding through the skin! My other bones are fine!"
"We can't give your leg any special attention. All bones matter."

Oh, and this.

That kind of reasoning is why I have trouble feeling the Pulse incident has special significance because it targeted gay victims. It's repugnant because it targeted people peacefully living their lives. That's enough right there for every single speck of humanity to call it wrong. There's no need to delineate and attempt to make it a more heinous act by virtue of the victims, it's an assault on all of us, hurts all of us who are humans. We need to pull together and quit looking at how people are different from us and accept each other as fellow human beings, all just trying to live our lives.

While the idea that Black Lives Matter seems to be coming from valid concern, in the end I believe it only divides us in ways we shouldn't be divided. Police using force wantonly and recklessly is a threat to everyone, including police.

If the Black Lives matter's movement there would be outrage in the inner cities where shootings are daily occurrences. Yet the Black Lives Matter movement is concerned with Police actions. Those actions that are fueled by the media and politicians rushing to judgment before a local or federal investigation is completed. The Black Lives Matter movement is a bunch of crap.

Personally I don't think it's stupid. I think it becomes an issue when instead of "black lives matter" sparking a conversation about racial problems in this country, it became a tit for tat for whose life matters.
I wish the response to black lives matter was yes, they do instead and we need to look at what odd wrong in this country that causes people to feel like they don't.
Instead the response became blue lives matter or all lives matter. That just made a lot of heels digging in and people picking a side or accusing others of picking a side when the reality is there's no side to pick. It's not one or the other.

If the Black Lives matter's movement there would be outrage in the inner cities where shootings are daily occurrences. Yet the Black Lives Matter movement is concerned with Police actions. Those actions that are fueled by the media and politicians rushing to judgment before a local or federal investigation is completed. The Black Lives Matter movement is a bunch of crap.

This is why I hate the whole BLM movement. Really? If we matter to the protesters, they would be in the rough sections of town where black on black violence is unimaginable. The protests and rallying would be daily.

BLM should not just be protesting when bad police officers carry out their rage.

There actually is plenty of concern and anger in the inner cities about the violence. Detroit has had a spate of shootings over the past several months in particular where children, very small children, have fallen victim to the violence -- several incidents have even occurred with the full knowledge the babies or toddlers were openly in the field of fire and the attack went on in spite of it. That has raised a lot of anger in the neighborhoods and amongst those in positions of power.

Personally I don't think it's stupid. I think it becomes an issue when instead of "black lives matter" sparking a conversation about racial problems in this country, it became a tit for tat for whose life matters.
I wish the response to black lives matter was yes, they do instead and we need to look at what odd wrong in this country that causes people to feel like they don't.
Instead the response became blue lives matter or all lives matter. That just made a lot of heels digging in and people picking a side or accusing others of picking a side when the reality is there's no side to pick. It's not one or the other.

There absolutely is no side to pick. Black Lives Matter was a dumb word choice. Nobody who wants to live in a peaceful society should be happy about a police force that does not work properly to protect the citizens. That issue is important to everyone who lives in a community with a police force. I personally haven't seen much coverage of the Louisiana shooting, but from what I have seen so far from Minneapolis is pointing to a known, systemic, long-term problem within that police force regarding the specific streets immediately surrounding the area that shooting took place. A campaign with a different slogan might have been able to attract attention and support to focus efforts to clean up police departments like that one without the tragedy and a horrific viral video.

I think the better choice would have been Black Lives Matter Too. It isn't as if white lives don't matter. It is the fact that black lives ALSO matter. Yes, there is a lot of black on black crime. Mostly that has to do with the fact that crime happens in neighborhoods and most neighborhoods where poor blacks live (poor people are involved in crime much more than wealthy as we all know) are not integrated. If our society wasn't so segregated there would no doubt be more interracial crime. However, murder seems to be intraracial. 93% of black murder victims are killed by other blacks. 84% of white murder victims are killed by other whites.

If you think the black community in cities with high black murder rates are not working hard and speaking out loudly to stem the violence then you just aren't looking. There is outrage.

But do the lives not matter just because we are fellow human beings not because of race? If we want the calling out of race to stop then we have to stop calling it out. Innocent lives matter.

"Black Lives Matter", "Blue Lives Matter", "Purple Lives Matter", "<any descriptor> Lives Matter"....

They're all just stupid.

How about "ALL Lives Matter"?

Anything else just perpetuates disparity and violence.

Flame me if you like. I think I've had it with all the violence.

Because white lives already matter. It's black lives that currently systemically don't.

This line is always thrown out by racial hucksters in the media. Never mind that their favorite punching bag Jesse Jackson and others have spoken out against inner city violence for at least 20 years now. But it's convenient for them to ignore that fact and push their false meme. It's also convenient for them to ignore that over 80% of white murder victims were killed by other whites. But all we get are why aren't blacks protesting inner city violence? The truth is, they are. These hucksters in the media are the ones that are full of crap. And you would be wise not to listen to them.

I really don't blame the protesters, they are ginned up by the media that will rush to judgment quickly to get it on the news cycle quickly and then run it and run it. when you look at the footage on TV, both the Baton Rouge and St Paul incidents look bad for the police. The St. Paul video starts after the shooting. what happened before. Is the girlfriend telling the truth. In NYC there was a shooting by an off duty NYPD officer in a road rage incident. The victim who was black felt he was cut off by an NYPD officer who just ended his shift. The victim went up to the car and started punching the police officer who was still in the car. The officer took out his service revolver and shot the man twice and killed him. The girlfriend said that the police officer got out of the car and shot him. Video, eyewitness, and physical evidence showed that the police officer never left the car. So should we believe the girlfriend in the St. Paul shooting of what happened before the video started or should we wait for other evidence that supports her story. The same for the Baton Rouge Shooting. The Video does have the start of the Police Action, but did the victim during the struggle reach for a gun that might have been in his pocket. The 911 call does say that a gun was involved. Further investigation in both cases is required, yet our political leaders have already rushed to judgment on both cases.

But again the whole Black lives matters movement is more concerned with Police than the other issues facing the black community today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter