Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

Looks like "the gang" has come to roost in your quarters... Beware...

Okay I'm a GEEK:lmao: Oh you politian you!!!!:rotfl2:
Geeks Unite!

I read this quickly as a DEPRAVED mind and immediately thought of Winkers :lmao::lmao::lmao:
:rolleyes1

I write then hit the backspace button all the time as well....:rotfl2::rotfl2:
Right there with you! The backspace has probably kept me from being banned on MULTIPLE occasions.

Evening GB!!!
:wave2:

:lmao:

I don't hit the backspace button nearly as often as I should.

What I really need is a backspace button for my mouth!
I hear you!

Looks like "the gang" has come to roost in your quarters... Beware...
:cheer2: Let the games begin!

Episode 72 - The Magic Returns!

Tonight’s sound track is Beauty and Beast the Broadway Musical. Tracy and I saw it live in Minneapolis back in 2000 and LOVED it. (The night of the infamous Bush/Gore election to be exact.)

Previously on Biscuit’s Grand Adventure, breakfast bananas were absent, Ariels were orange, and the ladies ran out of steam. After a less than stellar breakfast at Restaurant Akershus, we returned to the room and got the girls down for a nap. I had thought about walking around the resort a bit and maybe hopping in the pool. However, by the time we got into the room, it looked like it was about to rain. Invoking the spirit of “when in Rome”, I decided that perhaps a little catnap would do me good. I didn’t bother to set an alarm as we had no ADR’s to worry about getting to. I was just about to drift off when I heard the rain pelting the window. Ahhhhhh……my favorite weather for hitting up dreamland.

I rode the purple stallion across a plain of golden angel hair pasta and was charging into battle with a giant man-eating summer sausage when an orangutan turned the airplane into the wind, and my parachute deployed. As I drifted slowly down, the pinball hit the right ramp and my bamboo plant needed to be watered. Fortunately I was wearing a cumber bun and saved the lives of four terriers and an aging duck.

At some point I woke up, heard rain, and went back to sleep. Just as I was good and settled into more random nonsense, a tiny hand shook me awake. “Daddy, can we go flying now?” It was Hailee and my description of Soarin had fascinated her for weeks. I checked the phone and saw that we had been napping for just over two hours. The great thing about a mid day nap at The World is that it makes it seem like you have somehow squeezed in an extra half day.

We were soon all up and about and once the girls were once again properly coated in sun screen, we headed back out for another round of fun and mayhem. The girls were in a MUCH better mood after their nap. In fact, I think we all were. Tracy and I agreed that the naps had been a stellar parental decision.

I forgot to mention that one of the things we had picked up that morning in Gear Works was a pressed coin collection album. We had been squashing currency since arriving and the girls thought it was really cool. (I of course participated solely for their enjoyment and would never get excited over watching a giant gear totally mangle a piece of metal into a glorious flattened oval disk BWAHAHAHAHAH….ahem) Anyway, they brought their coin book back to the parks for the afternoon. Actually they brought it as far as the bus stop, then handed it to Daddy to carry. Luckily I had the backpack. (Which by this time was beginning to rival Dora’s.) And since I already had the back pack open, it only made sense to take a photo or two.

37030007.JPG

37030008.JPG

We caught a bus and headed back to Epcot and soon arrived back at what was fast becoming my new favorite park.

bus.png

I love this picture not for its technical merit (which is frankly lacking), but the faces of the girls which say it all.

There was still about an hour and a half left until the return time on our Fastpasses rolled around. We needed to make a stop at Mouse Gears to get an additional item for Tahli. You may recall me mentioning the Minnie Mouse Poly Pocket type doll Hailee got and Tahli wanted to get the one for Mulan. So we headed under Spaceship earth and made our way to the store.

37030014.JPG

The more time I spent in Mouse Gear the more I loved this shop. Not sure what it is, but something about the place just makes it a fun spot to shop. (Did I just use fun and shop in the same sentence? GOOD HEAVENS I’ve been on the boards too long!)

Purchase in hand, it was time to plot our next move. Since we hadn’t really eaten too much that morning, it seemed logical to make the procurement of chow our primary objective. We had all enjoyed Sunshine Season Food Festival back on day two so we decided to head back that way. Future World was not crowded at all that afternoon. It was a nice change compared to some of the crowds we had seen that week. The atmosphere and ambience of this area truly set the stage for a magical evening.

37030018.JPG

DSC01495.JPG

It was still a quite warm outside and by the time we arrived, I was thankful for the blast of AC billowing out whenever the doors would open. We descended into the belly of the Land that we might cause some chicken to do the same. For some odd reason, I didn’t take a photo of our plates that night. But I actually do remember what we wound up eating. (I don’t remember what was on my list to pick up at Target tonight, but I remember my meal from six months ago. Go figure. )

We got the girls each the kids Mac and Cheese from the “Soup and Salad” station, while Tracy and I each got the rotisserie chicken with smashed taters and carrots from “The Grill” station. Tracy got Chocolate Mouse Cake and I again went with the Key Lime Pie. (Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

This meal was much more relaxed than breakfast had been and we actually wound up sitting at the same table we had been at when we ate with my parents and Aunt Jana. I remember something being spilled, but can’t recall the circumstances. I’m pretty sure it was a drink, but we took it in stride (thanks to the nap) and soon all was well in the world again.

After we were all well filled and the power of the facilities were once again invoked it was time. Oh yes my friends it was a moment long anticipated. It was time for Soarin. I brought forth our Fastpasses from the handy dandy carrying slot in my wallet which had been charged with transporting these sacred slips of wonder; and with an air of triumph I offered them up for inspection to the two CMS’s who were diligently guarding the FP entrance.

This was a new grand adventure for everyone. I had a vague idea as to how the ride was setup and the way the queue worked and such, but to experience it first hand was something altogether different. The girls were certainly excited.

DSC01497.JPG

I have heard it mentioned before that speed is relative. If one is to define the word “Fast” it is necessary to have some sort of frame of reference. A bicycle is fast compared to walking. An Intel 486 was fast compared to a TRS 80. Recovery time for surgery is fast now compared to 1963. So just because the word fast is included in descriptor, it’s doesn’t always translate into one’s expectations.

I say all that to say this. Even with a Fastpass for Soarin, don’t expect to walk right into the place. We still had a good 25 minute wait to board after entering the fast pass line. This was of course better than the 90 minute wait posted for standby and by comparison, it was certainly fast. But of the Fastpass attractions of which we partook, this was the longest wait time encountered.

Soarin.jpg

We waited here for quite some time.

Then waited in another corridor, then turned the corner and waited a bit longer. Finally, it was our turn to line up and we wound up in the middle section, back row. To me this was okay because it meant we were centered on the screen, and weren’t too high for the girls. Sometime I would love to be in the top row though. Our impression?

We LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED it.

The girls laughed and shrieked and clapped the whole time. Hailee did get a bit nervous a time or two though and never really wanted to go back while we were there. BUT, she still talks about it favorably and says wants to go again someday.

When the ride was through, they both clapped and were all grins. We collected our gear from the handy storage nets and headed back up to level two. (Or do they call it level one and refer to the lower level as the basement? Of course I think Soarin is actually a level lower than Sunshine Season, so would that make it a sub-basement or level 1 of 3? Anyway, it’s not important. Actually I guess none of this is really important , but I digress.)

We made our way out of the land back toward the entrance plaza. As we headed through Innoventions, I pulled out the much neglected video camera and shot a few more scenes. Our plan was simple. We were heading to Evening Extra Magic Hours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. On the video (which I may get around to formatting for posting someday) the girls were amazed by the color changing lights in the palm trees surrounding Spaceship Earth.

37030016.png

Thus we bid farewell for the evening to Epcot, but this would not be our final visit of the trip. In fact, I’d be back here a couple of times. And both would be fantastic. But that’s getting ahead of myself.

Coming up Next on Episode 73 – “Dancing and Doozies!”

Last edited:
It's raining right now and boy would I love a nap. You're so right about napping while it's raining. Your pictures are beyond words and yes the expression on the girls faces as they're getting on the bus speaks volumes. The chicken is my favorite at Sunshine Seasons. I missed out on our last trip but hopefully not next time. Soarin' is a family favorite. I love it when everyone claps at the end.

It's raining right now and boy would I love a nap. You're so right about napping while it's raining. Your pictures are beyond words and yes the expression on the girls faces as they're getting on the bus speaks volumes. The chicken is my favorite at Sunshine Seasons. I missed out on our last trip but hopefully not next time. Soarin' is a family favorite. I love it when everyone claps at the end.
It's cold and rainy here too and altogether nasty out. One the things I loved most about Soarin was that it was an attraction we ALL thought was great. That's just something you rarely see anymore.

Glad you all loved Soarin'! It is a wonderful ride.

I say all that to say this. Even with a Fastpass for Soarin, don’t expect to walk right into the place. We still had a good 25 minute wait to board after entering the fast pass line. This was of course better than the 90 minute wait posted for standby and by comparison, it was certainly fast. But of the Fastpass attractions of which we partook, this was the longest wait time encountered.

The same thing happened to my mom & me in May...the FP line was so long, and we really weren't expecting it. I heard that one of the theaters wasn't operating, or something. In October, you could walk straight through the FP line.

I LOVE the picture of the girls getting off the bus!
How were you able to get that? I always feel lucky if I escape the bus with all my apendages in the correct spots.

Episode 72??!! It's all gone so "fast"!! :lmao:

Soarin' IS a great ride- especially cuz it goes RIGHT over the house I grew up in- in Hemet, CA.

Very judicial decision- that nap there. Good call! :thumbsup2 They do look so much happier; and I was glad to see there were no more grumpy episodes, such as those at breakfast.

Naps, especially at WDW, leave one feeling like you're supposed to after taking one--refreshed. I love naps at WDW, especially when it's hot and humid outside!
Glad you were able to get a 2 hour one in brother.

MouseGear! Nuff said.

Soarin! Don't you think the music makes the ride? It's AWESOME! in fact I'm playing it right now.

Sunshine Seasons. The desserts there--magnificent.

I LOVE the bus picture! What a perfect moment and expressions. It's a framer.

How in the world do you decide what to use for your Christmas card when you have so many fabulous shots?

I LOVE Soarin'

It was our first time (well for the boys and I, Jeff and the big kids hit it at DCA in '04), I'd heard about it for years, having been deprived of it in '01 at DCA thanks to an ex determined to keep me from having any fun whatsoever.

So I had 7 years of anticipation built up.

It delivered! Even it if took us until 10:55 on an EMH and waiting in line an hour without a FP (they were gone) to get on it, it was worth it!

That's why I wanted it to be our first ride on the trip in June.
Excellent call!

Glad you all loved Soarin'! It is a wonderful ride.
:thumbsup2 That is is!

The same thing happened to my mom & me in May...the FP line was so long, and we really weren't expecting it. I heard that one of the theaters wasn't operating, or something. In October, you could walk straight through the FP line.
Eeesh. Now that I know what to expect, It’s copasetic.

I LOVE the picture of the girls getting off the bus!
How were you able to get that? I always feel lucky if I escape the bus with all my apendages in the correct spots.
Thanks! It was a staged shot. Before I left, I had a list of shots I wanted to take. The girls arriving at each park was part of it, but we were always in a hurry and there was always a crowd wanting off the bus while another crowd wanted on. On this trip, there was only one other family on the bus with us and there was no one waiting at the stop when we pulled in. I went out the back door and had Tracy take the girls out the front. By the time they made it, I was ready to shoot. I took three pics, this one was the middle one and the only one where they were all looking my way.

Episode 72??!! It's all gone so "fast"!! :lmao:
Almost at the 1 year mark since I began this narrative! Holy Cow, I AM longwinded.

Soarin' IS a great ride- especially cuz it goes RIGHT over the house I grew up in- in Hemet, CA.
Woohoo!

Very judicial decision- that nap there. Good call! :thumbsup2 They do look so much happier; and I was glad to see there were no more grumpy episodes, such as those at breakfast.
It was a MUCH more pleasant afternoon.

Naps, especially at WDW, leave one feeling like you're supposed to after taking one--refreshed. I love naps at WDW, especially when it's hot and humid outside!
Glad you were able to get a 2 hour one in brother.
Me too! I needed it more than I realized.

Soarin! Don't you think the music makes the ride? It's AWESOME! in fact I'm playing it right now.
Totally! Which again is one of the things that I love about The World. How many theme parks come with a soundtrack? I mean seriously I love me some Sea World, but I don’t sit and listen to the Sea Lion show when I’m not there. Or load up my itunes with “Sounds of Six Flags”.

Sunshine Seasons. The desserts there--magnificent.
MmmmmmmHmmmmmm.

I LOVE the bus picture! What a perfect moment and expressions. It's a framer.

How in the world do you decide what to use for your Christmas card when you have so many fabulous shots?
Thanks! We actually went with a family photo from Portrait Innovations for our cards. (We only send out about a dozen or so anyway.)

I LOVE Soarin'

It was our first time (well for the boys and I, Jeff and the big kids hit it at DCA in '04), I'd heard about it for years, having been deprived of it in '01 at DCA thanks to an ex determined to keep me from having any fun whatsoever.

So I had 7 years of anticipation built up.

It delivered! Even it if took us until 10:55 on an EMH and waiting in line an hour without a FP (they were gone) to get on it, it was worth it!
I’m glad it was worth the wait! I so totally LOVE that ride! Here’s a question – at EMH, do they close the queue early so that the ride closes around the end of EMH or do they keep it open and let everyone in line ride?

What a nice update. Glad to hear you loved soarin! It is one we all love to ride also. Key lime pie! Yum!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter