Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

You see, I had a problem when I was a teenager and its name was stinky foot. From the time I was 13, all through high school, my mom made me leave my shoes on the back porch at night and march strait to the shower before bed. (Our yard was the only one in the neighborhood that never had mosquitoes.) They were bad…beyond bad…foul in the utmost means of expression.

Yet my olfactory arsenal did not end with sullied sneakers, there was the OTHER issue. I was known to frequently shoot a Jimmy, spread the duck butter, fire a fizzler, pinch a pongu, float an air biscuit, lay an egg, cut the cheese, toot the trouser trumpet, burp in my britches, rip a raspberry, fan the southern breeze, in short, I was gassy.
Dude! TMI! And I know a thing or two about TMI.

And what is with your frank refusal to ride the Monorail? Why do you guys always choose the ferry?

That's amazing news about your granddad. But I had no clue you get get a Dole Whip anywhere but Disney World. So this TR has some useful information. Now I'm off to google Dole Whip to see if there is one to be had nearer my house.

:moped:

What a wonderful installment! The stroll down Dole Whip Lane, that is, not Stinky Feet St. :lmao: . That is a blessing that your grandfather is still beating the odds; I know because my dad had quad. bypass surgery 22 years ago this May. It still amazes me when I think about how long it's been. (And it amazes me how they don't let people stay in the hospital long enough now after surgery, but that's another thread...)

Anyway, hope the family is doing well and I look forward to the next exciting episode! :happytv:

I think you could have cut back on the adjectives a bit there, but an interesting update nonetheless.

My parents can claim that it was a reservation issue, but after the van ride and the Krystal incident, I’m not entirely convinced this wasn’t a planned separation. I somehow imagine that the thought of my feet marinating in Florida sunshine combined with the musical effects of eating out all week was more than my dear mother could handle.

But that’s just my personal theory.
From the sounds of it, I'd say that's a pretty sound theory. :scared:

Dude, I'll never expereince a Dole Whip the same again! :goodvibes

I just love your trip down memory lane reports. You should be a writer :rotfl2:

YAY for Grandpa!!

I have a confession to make re Dolewhip. I have never had one, and I have been working for Disney for 36.5 years. Actually, I never knew about them before I started reading the Dis in about 2006. And I rarely go to the parks. But it's on my list of to do's next time I find myself in the MK. Which will be approximately 2015 or later at the rate I'm going.... :rolleyes1

Yet my olfactory arsenal did not end with sullied sneakers, there was the OTHER issue. I was known to frequently shoot a Jimmy, spread the duck butter, fire a fizzler, pinch a pongu, float an air biscuit, lay an egg, cut the cheese, toot the trouser trumpet, burp in my britches, rip a raspberry, fan the southern breeze, in short, I was gassy.

:sad2: You're getting more and more like ZZUB every day. :sad2:

I don't know that they really do have "Dole Whips" that are chocolate or vanilla. Wouldn't that just be called soft serve ice cream? Or am I missing something? Marita, try one next time you get to the MK (or even the Poly, where you can make your own). They are yummy!

Bravo for your grandpa, GB! :thumbsup2

I think you could have cut back on the adjectives a bit there, but an interesting update nonetheless.
I think it's pretty good, adjectives and all.

Sometimes, it's ok not to express your opinion. If you don't like the way he's writing it, feel free to move along. Or send the guy a private message. No need to be critical. It's a Trip Report. Not a book report.

You're getting more and more like ZZUB every day.
In other words, he's a really witty dude.

Looking forward to more, UnecessarilyDescriptiveButNonethelessInterestingBiscuit.

:moped:

Warning! The Surgeon General has determined that reading this post may be hazardous to your psyche. I don’t usually try writing this late at night as it tends to only make sense to those who are intoxicated. However, as I haven’t had much chance during the past couple of days to do a lot of “leisure” surfing, it’ll have to do.

On the job front, the preliminary report is that casualties in our department will be limited to positions which are currently vacant that will not be immediately backfilled. Looks like none of the 50 some odd active positions in our department will be affected by the layoff. So thanks everyone for your thought s and prayers and a big praise and thanks to God for seeing me through that one.

Having never explained what I do, this may be a good moment. Then again it may not but, but I’m the one typing so humor me. I have a weird job. Like I mentioned in the first post, I work in a call center, providing end user support. (Mostly Blackberry support.) The first half of my shift is during the end of the normal “day shift” and the second half of my shift is the beginning of the “night shift”.
For the first half of the day, I am constantly busy with calls coming in one right after the other. For that portion of the day I only work with Public Safety accounts (Police, Fire, Military, Government) and have the pleasure of speaking with some great folks all over the country.

The second half of my shift I take Public Safety call plus work outages for our VIP Corporate accounts. These are large-scale accounts where we have gone on site and created custom cell coverage. However, even though I am technically available to a larger pool of customers, our queue slams to a grinding halt when the government offices close at 5PM Eastern. (Which is when I return from break...I work Noon-Nine, but lunch is 3-4...go figure.)

This presents a bit of quandry for us night crew folks in that we are tethered to our desks, ready to handle whatever crisis unfolds, but there are times when our calls are few and far between. So we have downtime. Lots and lots of downtime. Don’t everybody feel sorry for me at once. Without getting too deep into the nature of agent call metrics / politics / work flow structure of a call center and employee vs. contractor vs. outsourced job duties within said center, let me say that we can’t just get up and go find something more productive to do. Plus, we have to answer our phones by the third ring or it logs you out of the system, re-routes the call, and tags your name on a report for your supervisor and department manager. Believe me, that aint a conversation you want to have….folks get fired that way. (Thus walking more than a couple of feet away from your desk while you are in the call queue is a risky undertaking.)

At first, this downtime was kind of cool. But trust me, after a while, staring at your computer waiting for something to break gets REALLY boring. Fortunately, we are allowed to have our personal laptops at our desks, and since I have a mobile broadband card, I am able to browse between calls and do fun things like draw Goofy water skiing.

Occasionally (like today) we get assigned a special project which is a wonderful thing as it breaks up the monotony and keeps us busy all night. But when you get home late and you’ve been truly busy all day, going straight to bed is not an option. At least not for me. I need downtime. A filler. A transition between work and bed. Usually it comes in the form of a book. I love to read and this time of night is conducive to it. BUT, as I have posts to respond to, I guess I’d better get to it.

I have no idea what I have been typing the past 20 minutes so if it makes no sense whatsoever, ignore it. I’m typing this in MS WORD and haven’t logged into the DIS yet so I guess I better go that now and see what cards I have been dealt.

Let’s see, our first response was from my headless friend Zzub who writes
Dude! TMI! And I know a thing or two about TMI.
Well Zzub, you are probably correct on that one. I was fighting a KILLER sinus headache that day & it may be that the over the counter sinus & pain relief drug cocktail I brewed up was bit too much. (I added all the TMI stuff last minute.) Zzub also wanted to know about the monorail. Well Zzub, I don’t have an aversion to the elevated train of wonder. In fact I enjoy it much. On trip two, (the church fart trip) I rode it for the first time, and caught several rides on other excursions. It does seem though that the ferry was utilized much more often. Finally Zzub wrote
That's amazing news about your granddad. But I had no clue you get get a Dole Whip anywhere but Disney World. So this TR has some useful information. Now I'm off to google Dole Whip to see if there is one to be had nearer my house.
I agree with you on that one my friend. 20 years and counting is a miracle I’ll take any day. As to Dole Whip….good luck in your quest.

Our next comment came from whogirl’smom. She wrote
What a wonderful installment! The stroll down Dole Whip Lane, that is, not Stinky Feet St. :lmao: . That is a blessing that your grandfather is still beating the odds; I know because my dad had quad. bypass surgery 22 years ago this May. It still amazes me when I think about how long it's been. (And it amazes me how they don't let people stay in the hospital long enough now after surgery, but that's another thread...) Anyway, hope the family is doing well and I look forward to the next exciting episode! :happytv:
I have to admit to being somewhat perplexed by the after-care received by heart patients these days myself. When a lady in our church had bypass surgery, she was out in a few days. I was even more shocked when they brought her Salisbury Steak in the hospital and included a packet of salt. Red meat and salt are strict no-no’s on the heart healthy diet my grandfathers cardiologist put him on. (EDITED NOW THAT I'M MORE COHERENT TO SAY: Thanks also for the well wishes as well and I'm glad you enjoy reading. )

Jcc0621 was the next to write in with a quick and simple:
Go Grandpa:woohoo:
Go indeed! Ride on Grandpa , ride like the wind.

Next up was another northwesterner, our friend the computer dude Vexorg.
Maybe so, but it’s not often a guy gets to type out trouser trumpet so I have to take it where I can get it. Glad you were able to look past it and find something of interest to boot.

Our next post comes from PrincessV who seems to think that my theory of intentional separation was sound. Well PV, when I kidded my mom about it this week, she said “Well, I won’t say it didn’t cross my mind.” PrincessV also said:
Dude, I'll never expereince a Dole Whip the same again!
To which I say “Rock ON!” Which doesn’t make much sense so I guess I better say something else. Thanks PV – it’s one of those things that is forever associated in my mind. This closes out our updates on page 7 so let’s move on to page 8.

Our first poster on this page was our favorite cast member Backstage_Gal. BG wrote that she is enjoying the trip down memory lane. I am glad to hear that BG and I thank you for kind words! BG then gave a shout out to the kinfolk with this:
YAY for Grandpa!!
To which I’m sure he’d reply “Yes sir, my plumbing is still a flowing!” Cause he always says this, even when he’s not talking to a sir. BG then made the shocking confession of having never tried Dole Whip. Which is sad and made me stare up at the ceiling and go hmmmm.

AshClan was our next poster up to bat and she was saddened that the descriptive nature of this TR resembled the Great One. (Is that how you said you wanted me to spell that Z?) She then went on to question the existence of non-pineapple dole whip.
I don't know that they really do have "Dole Whips" that are chocolate or vanilla. Wouldn't that just be called soft serve ice cream? Or am I missing something? Marita, try one next time you get to the MK (or even the Poly, where you can make your own). They are yummy!
I can assure you that they do indeed exist. They are different than soft serve in that Dole Whip is non-dairy (thus the only soft serve that was “legal” on my grandfather’s cardio diet.)

Finally we were graced a rare second posting from Zzub who wanted to stick up for my TR. I really appreciate that you got my back Z. No Worries. I got thick skin and take criticism well.
As to this:
UnecessarilyDescriptiveButNonethelessInterestingBiscuit.
Well, this post is probably guilty of the first and lacking of the latter, but hopefully it was coherent enough to follow. It’s about 1 am now and I have to be up at 6:15 to get my oldest ready for school so in the words of my other grandfather “Let’s draw a line right here and pick it up in the morning.”
I hope to have another episode posted either tomorrow (well technically today) or Friday. Good night, God Bless, and peace out y’all!

Yay on the job front.:banana:
I find your descriptions highly amusing. I have 2 sons and 2 daughters. it makes me giggle (inside) when the boys crack up at Potty humor and the girls go EW!!!!!!! As the mom i should also say EW but i find it amusing. so i just giggle inside and make sure they are respectful of whom they say such things in front of....;)
even your replies make me giggle. need that right now. thanks. :upsidedow

Burly took the words right out of my mouth (or post, LOL).

I second the YAY on the job front and the giggles at your replies.

I find your descriptions highly amusing. I have 2 sons and 2 daughters. it makes me giggle (inside) when the boys crack up at Potty humor and the girls go EW!!!!!!! As the mom i should also say EW but i find it amusing. so i just giggle inside and make sure they are respectful of whom they say such things in front of....;)

I've definitely learned to censor certain things in socially unacceptable surroundings! I'm glad you got a giggle.

Burly took the words right out of my mouth (or post, LOL).

I second the YAY on the job front and the giggles at your replies.

Glad you enjoyed my late night ramblings! Now to post the next epidode...

Last edited:
Episode 11 - Jungles, Trees, Caves and BEEEEEES!

Following our tribute to life by means of Dole Whip consumption, we queued up for the Jungle Cruise. Always up for some light hearted cheese, I enjoyed it greatly and I'm sure that I took lots of good photos. Really. I know they must exist. Somewhere. Out there. Beneath the pale moon sky.

Following our narrow escape from the heart of the jungle, we were attacked by marauding Pirates. My youngest sister, who was five on this trip, went on this attraction for the first time and it was a bit much for her. She didn't freak out, but she wanted to be picked up and then clenched a death hold on my dad’s neck in the queue caves. I like saying that. Queue Caves. If I ever build a house, I wonder if the contractor can throw in a queue cave. That'd be nifty. Of course I don't know what folks would line up for. Maybe the bathroom or something.

Anyhow, it was while riding this attraction that I discovered that cast members monitor the ride, and can come over the loud speaker and announce things like "No Flash Photography." Fortunately I was not the guilty party that time. (Seriously. There was NO way I was risking breaking another park rule that day.)

The thing I remember most from this particular ride through the plundered village was just how amazed my grandparents were over the hairy leg of the pirate when you pass under the bridge near the end of the ride.

After our boat ride, we decided to hit up the infamous Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. This was the one and only time I’ve ever been through this attraction. I'm not really sure why, other than perhaps some sort of involuntary rebellion on the part of my body at the thought of climbing that many stairs while dealing with the effects of walking at The World. I loved this movie as a kid/tween and have read the book numerous times. I don't remember many of the details from this attraction and I hope to at least get a peek at it this summer.

After that, I know my best friend and I wound up on Big Thunder Mountain and I'm PRETTY sure my dad and my oldest sister rode as well. I know my grandparents did the Hall of Presidents that day as it was a topic of discussion later that evening.

I don't know for sure what my mom and littlest sister did, or what the other folks of varying degrees of relation ventured out to partake of. But one incident remains burned into my mind....the attack of the killer Disney bees. At some point in time I found myself with a soda in hand near the Haunted Mansion. As near as I can remember, we grabbed a drink after Big Thunder and then headed off to take a spin on the doom buggies. I finished off my drink and dropped it into a trash can near the attraction. When I did, it apparently landed on some bees who were trying to use up their snack credits.

You need to know something about bees. They are evil. As are wasps and hornets. Don't roll your eyes at me. Yeah, yeah, I’m familiar with pollination. Oh believe me I know all about the pollination. AND I know about the honey. You can claim that bees won't bother you if you ignore them all that you want. These are merely cleverly crafted schemes designed to fool us into not seeing the true nature of these malevolent creatures. Well let me tell you, I AIN'T BUYING IT. These prophets of doom have the ability to plunge a barbed spike deep into the flesh of their foes and pump their victims full of poisonous butt juice. I don't know what YOU call that, but I call it evil! And having had an allergic reaction to a wasp sting, believe me, I was in no mood to try my luck with a bee.

So in goes the cup of half melted ice, and out come five or six bees doing that spiral flight of doom that says "LAY TRACKS BROTHER!" I departed with utmost unction and flew to the safety of Fantasyland. Finally, after slowing down and realizing the hoard of Satan was not in pursuit, I warily retraced my steps and met up with my dad about half way back who missed seeing my dance with the bees, but noticed me running hysterically and deemed it worthy of investigation. We returned to the Haunted Mansion queue (which is not nearly as fun to say as "queue caves") and had an otherwise uneventful ride.

It was full on dark by this time and we found my mom holding down a rather impressive chunk of pavement along the parade route somewhere near the Rivers of America. We joined up with her and enjoyed the Main Street Electrical Parade. This is the only trip I can remember where I watched the parade from this area of the park. Before it was over, we hit up Big Thunder Mountain again to take advantage of the parade-reduced queue crowd. (Queue crowd isn't as much fun to say either.)

After seeing some nifty wads of potassium nitrate, copper chloride, lithium carbonate and other various chemical combustibles propelled from steel tubes courtesy of gunpowder propellant charges into the summer nighttime sky to explode into balls of flaming light, we headed back to the van boat. (AND we even took the monorail there ZZUB.) BUT it took us much longer to get the TTC than it did my grandparents who took the ferry. Not to be a hater. I’m just saying. Closing time MK-TTC Monorail Ramp in the days before on-site value resorts and the much maligned, yet greatly improved bus transportation system = not so nifty.

My extended family and I done had ourselves a dandy ole time in that there park y’all. At the end of the day, “The Plan” turned out to be a nifty thing and I was eager to put it to a test the next morning. Finally after years of one day MK visits, I was riding back the motel knowing that I had more park ahead. The next day was EPCOT Center day and I gotta tell you, I was pretty stoked. I had that “First day at Disney” glow. It was a fine thing.

I would have another extended stay a few years later, and well, let's just say there was no park glow on THAT first day. But that’s getting ahead of myself.

OH and I almost forgot, this day had introduced me to another first. The Brazilian tour groups. Either I just flat out hadn’t noticed them before or just didn’t time it right. But on this trip, EVERY day, in EVERY park, including our day off site, we kept crossing paths with them. It was definitely a site to behold seeing groups which appeared to number around fifty in size, all wearing identical shirts and following the guy with the hat and pennant on a stick which was the same color as the t-shirts. What we really got a kick out of were the chants, which we pretty well had memorized by the end of the week and often joined in on. It was fun to realize just how many people from all over the world treasure them some Walt Disney World Resort.

Coming up on Episode 12, The Plan Unravels and I Find a New Way to Annoy My Mother. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Last edited:
We will now call you "Dances with Bees"! Wouldn't you think the foot thing would have kept them at bay?:rotfl2:

And yay on the job!

My extended family and I (or is it me…I never can remember that rule) anyway, we’uns done had ourselves a dandy ole time in that there park y’all

Just take out the "my extended family and" and see how it reads.
So it would be I did whatever.

You're welcome!

Whogirl'sMom, Dances with Bees, LOL! :thumbsup2

Bisquick n' BeeDancer, another great post mi amigo. And glad to hear about the not gettting laid off thing. :thumbsup2 I been laid of before. Aint no fun, no how. :headache: And yes bees are evil, malicious, vicious, and vindictive. I swear. They are all out to get me. Lucky I'm not allergic, I just don't like getting stung. Evil, Evil Bees. :rotfl2:

We will now call you "Dances with Bees"!
By the time this tale is over, there's no telling HOW many nicknames I am apt to acquire.

Just take out the "my extended family and" and see how it reads.
So it would be I did whatever.

You're welcome!
Having reflected upon the merits of your linguistic suggestion, I must admit that taking that path of least resistance by means of expressing one's thought with minimal verbiage while simultaneously maintaining the inherent message and intent of the original thought process seems both rational and preferable from the paradigm of working smarter and not harder when conveying the spirit and history of past trips by means of first person narrative form and is indeed a practical approach to the creation of future episodes to which I shall attempt to conform. In short, I’ll keep it simple.

Bisquick n' BeeDancer, another great post mi amigo. And glad to hear about the not gettting laid off thing. :thumbsup2 I been laid of before. Aint no fun, no how. :headache: And yes bees are evil, malicious, vicious, and vindictive. I swear. They are all out to get me. Lucky I'm not allergic, I just don't like getting stung. Evil, Evil Bees. :rotfl2:
Bee haters of the world unite.

Having reflected upon the merits of your linguistic suggestion, I must admit that taking that path of least resistance by means of expressing one's thought with minimal verbiage while simultaneously maintaining the inherent message and intent of the original thought process seems both rational and preferable from the paradigm of working smarter and not harder when conveying the spirit and history of past trips by means of first person narrative form and is indeed a practical approach to the creation of future episodes to which I shall attempt to conform. In short, I’ll keep it simple.

Okay, you weren't even up late when you posted this. What's your excuse?:rotfl2:

If you WERE (semi-)serious above, though, I am clarifying for Marita's sake, as she was not telling you to be less verbose. She was referring to the grammar rule. So if you are not clear on whether you should use "me" or "I", the way to figure it out is to remove the other subject and see what you would use. Then use THAT and add back in the other subject. Make sense? I know, not keeping it simple, and I'm not up late either :rotfl:

Okay, you weren't even up late when you posted this. What's your excuse?:rotfl2:

If you WERE (semi-)serious above, though, I am clarifying for Marita's sake, as she was not telling you to be less verbose. She was referring to the grammar rule. So if you are not clear on whether you should use "me" or "I", the way to figure it out is to remove the other subject and see what you would use. Then use THAT and add back in the other subject. Make sense? I know, not keeping it simple, and I'm not up late either :rotfl:

I'm rarely serious about anything....ESPECIALLY on the DIS...unless a good buddy get's a TR moved and locked...but i'm not going there. My ramblings above were tounge in cheek, silly nilly, attempted humor. :rolleyes1 It was my way of saying - good suggestion combined with a Wilkins Micawber tribute. As to not being up late...um....well I think there was a high pollen count or something or other. Give me a minute and I'll think of something.

I like your suggestion on removing the subject, conjugating the verb, having the subject go long, faking to the tight end, and throwing to the outside line. That's good stuff there.

And to your reason for editing, I agree. We have those nasty little red wasps here. PURE EVIL. OH and pun intended? That's just good writing right there my friend.

Episode 12, The Plan Unravels and I Find a New Way to Annoy My Mother. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

It’s overcast, rainy and flat out Blahsville outside today. This makes me sad and causes an uncontrollable urge to call in sick, grill a steak and watch old war movies. But alas, there are bills to pay and trips to plan so I have forced my ample derriere into action.

Before I continue, I need to print a retraction. My youngest sister Karlee was actually four years old for this trip, rather than five as previously reported. Thank you. You may now speak quietly among yourselves.

When last we parted ways, I was headed back to our pseudo-deluxe off site slumber facility, and I was looking forward to the next day’s romp through Epcot. (Or EPCOT Center as it liked to be called.) I had been eager to hit this park up for quite some time, but I wasn’t really sure what to expect going in. The guide book gave a decent overview, but I don’t think you can really appreciate Epcot until you have been there.

Have you ever tried to explain to someone who has never been to Epcot just exactly what it is? World’s Fair is an often used simile, but how many people do you know who have actually been to a World’s Fair? Theme park isn’t really an accurate description either, as it conjures up images of roller coasters and things which spin you, drop you or drench you. Epcot is unique, an island unto itself.

When I was in the fourth grade, our class was assigned a project to create a paper mache volcano. We were then going to have an "Eruption Party" during which our teacher would combine baking soda, vinegar and food coloring to cause our creations to spew out phony lava. I was one of the last students to go and was really expecting a geyser. The teacher loaded up the crater of my volcano with the baking soda, and then poured in the pink liquid. Yet instead of the explosive eruption I had hoped for, my creation oozed pink goo out of several holes all along the sides of my man-made mountain. NOTHING came out of the cone on the top.

It was a complete accident, I had forgotten to put the Styrofoam cup at the bottom of the crater, but it earned accolades from the teacher for its creativity, and she used it to show how some lava flows are different than others. I say all that to say this. Though you can look at Epcot and imagine what the result will be, it’s never quite what one expects. Not that it is bad or disappointing, it’s just different.

We arrived at the park the next morning and began the day as one large group. I had tooled “The Plan” in such a way as to keep us all together in the morning. Following the suggested touring schedule in the Official Guide, we entered the park and turned right, heading straight for The Living Seas pavilion. The only thing I really remember from this particular visit was the Hydrolators. Which were cheesy, but I like cheese so it was all good.

Our next stop was The Land. We all went on the lovely boat ride and learned lots of strange and wonderful things about hydroponics. Having fulfilled our educational quota, we headed up to the second story of the pavilion where we would encounter the “dreaded attraction.”

My mom has deciphered my Monday / Thursday posting routine and read my last update a few minutes after it hit the boards. Her first question to me on the phone a few moments later was “How did you annoy me?” I didn’t have to give a lengthy response to jog her memory. All it took was me singing one bar. A simple, silly rhyme, with only two words repeating. Perhaps you know it. The two words are veggie and fruit. Ring a bell? Dinner bell perhaps?

No? Perhaps an AV demonstration would be in order. Check out:

No sooner had I sung “Veggie fruit-fruit, veggie-veggie fruit-fruit,” than my mother immediately remembered the song and gave me permission to cease and desist my spirited recreation. It was not that the attraction itself wasn’t entertaining. Or that the song was as irritating as that of a certain Magic Kingdom attraction. It was the memory of Pete and I singing this song incessantly which so traumatized my dear mother.

Not only did we keep up our chorus for the rest of the trip, but for the entire ride home and for several days, weeks, and months to follow. I don’t know what it was that was so enjoyable about crooning out this particular oration, but for whatever reason, we sang it ALL the time. Not the entire song mind you, just the little diddy I shared above. I’m afraid we drove my poor mother to distraction.

After happily making our way back to the ground level of the Land, we had a family pow-wow. It was then that “The Plan” began to unravel. I had set it up so that the more "mature" crowd would head over to World Showcase when it opened and begin touring that half of the park, while us young’uns would stick to Future World. Turns out, that not everyone saw the wisdom in my sage advice. My grandmother was tired from the day before, and decided to take my sister Karlee and cousin Marcus back to the motel for a dip in the pool. A few of the extended family wanted to head back to the Magic Kingdom, and a couple of others wanted to go shopping.

Thus perished “The Plan”

The next time you exit the Haunted Mansion, look for the gravestone which reads, “He sorted attractions for his clan, here lies Biscuit’s touring plan.”

It was a sad moment really, yet as difficult as it was to bear, there’s nothing like some Disney magic to help a fellow out. In this case, the magic was courtesy of Francis Ford Coppola and George Lucas who collaborated to bring us the Ultimate Cheese. (A.K.A. Captain EO…I wonder if they have since removed that particular credit from their resumes.) What can I say about this film? This was the only time I actually watched it, so I don’t remember all of the specifics of the plot all that well. I do remember that we mocked it greatly when it was over. I’m sorry, but when one of your main characters is a piano playing blue elephant named Hooter, you can’t expect to be taken seriously. ESPECIALLY by two teenage boys.

It was kind of one of those “Good to see once” type of attractions. Unlike Universe of Energy which is one of those “Good to run screaming in the opposite direction as fast as your legs will carry you” attractions.

After our journey through musical space, (there’s just so much I could do with that phrase.) we Journeyed Into our Imaginations. Apparently my imagination includes a miniature purple dragon and a frighteningly hairy man. I haven’t ridden the new version of this attraction so I am unable to give a comparison. The old version was good, but did not imprint that much of a memory. After trying to catch the water in the jumping fountains, we headed to Communicore West and spent some time “puttering”.

It was then time to say goodbye to my new found happy place and set out to secure some sustenance. For lunch that day, we left the park and headed to a buffet somewhere in the greater Kissimmee area. Normally this would not have made an impression on me, but this particular meal would come into play when we returned to the park that evening. It would also play a major role in the events of the following day. (But that’s getting ahead of myself.)

Coming up on Episode 13: Conquering the Classics and Biscuit has a Breakdown.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter