Bin Laden - celebrations

There have been many posts today that would fit in the "ugly American" category.

Yet there are non-Americans who actually agree with some of the current rhetoric that is anti-Osama and pro-his death and pro-celebration.

What would they be? Ugly World Community members?:confused3

Who are "they"? Are you saying that every single person in the country celebrated? You're dumping everyone in wherever "they" are into one group.
:

Um, did you even bother read the posts, or are you being purposefully obtuse?

‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy." - Martin Luther King, Jr

We were downtown last night for the hockey game and heard people were gathering at the White House so decided to check it out. We weren't yelling and celebrating, just curious. Honestly, it was mostly college students. And the feeling wasn't so much about celebrating someone's death, but more about celebrating that we never gave up. That we did what we said we were going to do, so take note world.

I'm not sure how many people tweeting about all this were actually at Ground Zero or the White House or wherever, so this is just an observation from someone who was.

Personally, I'm glad it went down like it did. I'm glad he knew we got him. I hope he was scared. I never thought for a second that we would ever stop looking for him. The CIA spent over 4 years hunting down Mir Amal Kasi, who killed two people in front of their HQ. They were never going to stop looking for bin Laden or evidence of his death.

I just wanted to point out that many other countries have also been directly or indirectly affected by bin Laden & Al-Qaeda or other Islamic terrorist groups with links to Al-Qaeda. IN addition to direct attacks on their countries, there were people from many other nations in the World Trade Center. Numerous countries have been on alert for months or years due to threats, often because they dared to be our ally.

People all over the world are breathing a sigh of relief that he's dead, in the UK, Spain, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Australia, Tanzania and Kenya, among other places.

Yet there are non-Americans who actually agree with some of the current rhetoric that is anti-Osama and pro-his death and pro-celebration.

What would they be? Ugly World Community members?:confused3

I'm referring to Americans who are berating others for disagreeing with them.

I am not rejoicing the death- In my heart however I am feeling a sense of calm, as if one less evil in the world somehow makes the pain slightly less.
Steve, Michele, Ed, David, Mark, Chris, Yelena, Jerry, Avnish, Tu Anh and Ron I miss you.

I am not rejoicing the death- In my heart however I am feeling a sense of calm, as if one less evil in the world somehow makes the pain slightly less.
Steve, Michele, Ed, David, Mark, Chris, Yelena, Jerry, Avnish, Tu Anh and Ron I miss you.

I´m so sorry!

‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy." - Martin Luther King, Jr

:thumbsup2

I'm glad he's dead, but I will not celebrate. It wont bring back my friends, nor will it end terrorism.

and? I'm not and never will be a gracious black man.

Swing them tassels high, swing them tassels low, watch out for the fiery batons! Get out the marshmallows boys cause Fred is celebratin'!

Why do you assume that just because I have never lived in the US I don´t know any Americans? My dad lived in the US, so did my aunt and my cousin. My aunts FIL died in Vietnam, when his son (my cousins father) was a very young boy.
My cousin has lived in the US for many years now and I have visited w. her and her family. I have friends living in many places of the US, some of them in NYC.

If you read my post I said lived in and heard the stories of family members.
These are my family member by blood who were American citizens who fought and gave their lives. My father kept his 18 year old brother's obituary in his wallet everday,his body was parts when he went to claim him.
Knowing Americans is completely different than having generations of family members fight and die for the people last night to have the right to sing the National Anthem and then to read people were offended by it. Like I said before turn off the tv and go to bed then.

Let me start by saying how happy I am that Bin Laden was caught. I think it´s amazing that the US Army was able to find him after all these years!
BUT....and yes, there is a but, I am disgusted by the celebrations in the streets. Just as much as I was disgusted by seeing muslim celebrations after 9/11.

I guess you won't be writing "Bin Laden's Death" on your "What Will You Celebrate" button.

If you read my post I said lived in and heard the stories of family members.
These are my family member by blood who were American citizens who fought and gave their lives. My father kept his 18 year old brother's obituary in his wallet everday,his body was parts when he went to claim him.
Knowing Americans is completely different than having generations of family members fight and die for the people last night to have the right to sing the National Anthem and then to read people were offended by it. Like I said before turn off the tv and go to bed then.

If you don´t like what I write, turn off your computer and go to bed!

The horse says to put the stinking baseball bat down...;)

Horse2.gif

But it's not dead yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter