Biggest Loser--Fall 2011 Challenge for Losers & Maintainers!!

I've been MIA for the past week or so and trying to play catch-up.

Quick Question - were Tuesday's results the final results, or are we submitting our weights for this week as well? :confused3

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so annoyed at myself for not being "all-in" for this challenge. It looks like I'll be down a not-so-grand total of four pounds. (Truth be told, though - I would probably be UP in weight if I hadn't participated in this challenge.)

I don't know what it is with my current weight (208) - I can't seem to get away from that rough number. I've been MUCH, MUCH, heavier - but each time I've lost weight, I always get to about 210-215 and stop. I haven't been under 200 in over 20 years, and each time I get to where I am now - I just stall (or worse - gain).

As I've said before - I have no excuses. I live alone and shop/cook for only myself. I can't blame anybody else for bringing the bad food into the house, or for eating more than is needed for satisfaction. I'm currently unemployed, so I can't blame my bad eating on lack of time - I have all the time in the world to prepare healthy choices.

I'm very frustrated - I simply can't get my act together and I don't know why.

- Laura

Today is the final weigh in day. Sue will then be tabulating the results, but I'm not sure when she will be posting them. A loss is still a loss and you have done well, especially with the job hunting stress. I'm very close to onderland too and I know we can get there, its just the final push that can seem so hard. Feel free to join us on the alumni thread, we will start posting a QOTD there tomorrow.

Thanks to much to Janis for hosting the challenge, CC for awesome HH, Sue for being our weightkeeper, and all the coaches!

I posted already about my friend, Pamela. :goodvibes

I did want to give a big, BL thank you to Janis for being our hostess this challenge, to Sue for being our weightkeeper and to CC our HH coach. You guys are the BEST! :flower3:

Please join me in thanking them for a great challenge! :santa:
Thank you Ladies for all you have done to make this challenge such a success. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday.:santa:

Good evening!

I just finished my Christmas cards. I could have finished hours ago but we ended up going out with friends for a while and then watching AFV for a couple hours on netflix, and I fell asleep for much of it, but got up and was doing some laundry etc, and ds fell asleep. Got him in bed, and will put the pup in bed then me very soon.

Gretchen-So sorry to hear your brother had a seizure. I hope they are able to get his meds regulated and prevent any worse ones. :hug: So scary to try and wean the meds and then have a seizure.

Pamela-Thank you so much for the kind words. :hug: And here's to being the same weight on 1/1/12!!! We can do it!!

Thank you every single one of you who have taken part in this challenge, posting or not, you inspire me each and every day.

Enjoy your movie marathon... what's on the queue???

Well, our original choices were Bambi, Aladdin, Lady and the Tramp, and the Lion King (all on VHS!) or Beauty and the Beast, Wall-E or Enchanted. One of my housemates also has Sleeping beauty. Then I went to WalMart and bought Tangled because it was only $10! So we ended up watching Bambi (a first for most of us-I had seen it when I was three but don't really remember it), which was cute but also sad, of course. Then we watched Tangled because half f us hadn't seen it, and the newbies loved it. It gets better every time I see it and is quickly tying for favorite Disney movie.

I did want to give a big, BL thank you to Janis for being our hostess this challenge, to Sue for being our weightkeeper and to CC our HH coach. You guys are the BEST! :flower3:

Thank you all! These are definitely not easy jobs to hold and I appreciate all the work you put into them. I really enjoyed CC's HH challenges even though I didn't do them. I read them each week and loved how they all united around a movie! I hope they continue for the next challenge.

I just wanted to pop in really quick and congratulate everyone for hanging in there and making it to the end of the challenge!!!! Looks like you became a chatty group again and I am behind several pages!!!

I just wanted to mention to the people that were in the WIN challenge - the girl that was running it, has not been on the DIS is awhile and I hope she is OK. If you have your beginning number and your ending number, please PM me the information so we all can celebrate your accomplishments. I will post the WIN numbers Tuesday night after midnight.

Janis

I've been MIA for the past week or so and trying to play catch-up.

Quick Question - were Tuesday's results the final results, or are we submitting our weights for this week as well? :confused3

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so annoyed at myself for not being "all-in" for this challenge. It looks like I'll be down a not-so-grand total of four pounds. (Truth be told, though - I would probably be UP in weight if I hadn't participated in this challenge.)

I don't know what it is with my current weight (208) - I can't seem to get away from that rough number. I've been MUCH, MUCH, heavier - but each time I've lost weight, I always get to about 210-215 and stop. I haven't been under 200 in over 20 years, and each time I get to where I am now - I just stall (or worse - gain).

As I've said before - I have no excuses. I live alone and shop/cook for only myself. I can't blame anybody else for bringing the bad food into the house, or for eating more than is needed for satisfaction. I'm currently unemployed, so I can't blame my bad eating on lack of time - I have all the time in the world to prepare healthy choices.

I'm very frustrated - I simply can't get my act together and I don't know why.

- Laura

Down four is okay, although I understand wishing it was more. Wish I could send you some magic tonic or pixie dust to help you get things together and lose the weight. And so many times I've been asked what "clicked" with me this time that enabled me to lose the weight after struggling for years. And I don't know for sure..... but I DO know that I finally decided it was going to be a LIFESTYLE change and not just a diet. I wasn't going to spend my days dreaming of when the "diet" would be over and I could eat _____________ (fill in blank with favorite food) again. I would allow almost anything in moderation (one of the greatest things about WW), journal EVERY POINT, and never look back.

As time went on, I learned that somethings just aren't worth the calories. I rarely drink any alcohol anymore, despite the fact that I used to love beer, wine, and the occasional margarita. I don't really even miss it. I rarely eat any kind of desserts any more (although I do have something sweet every day, even if it is just a cup of tea with Splenda, a Vitamuffin or some homemade sugar-free applesauce). I swapped out so many things that I used to LOVE for lighter choices (baked chips instead of regular potato chips, flax seed/oat bran pita pockets instead of english muffins and bagels, egg whites instead of whole eggs) and I can HONESTLY tell you I PREFER the healthier, lighter choices now..... because I can link them in my head to the GREAT feeling I have being nearly 90 pounds lighter.

It has taken EVERY DAY of nearly 4 years of working on this for so many things to become my NORM, but the only decisions I look back on with regret are the bad decisions.... like overeating and skipping workouts. I have NEVER looked back and said.... "wow... I really wish I had eaten that cheesecake!" Or "I wish I had slept in and not done a workout."

I even continue to make changes to my diet that even two years ago I never thought I"d made. I started reducing my carbs earlier this year to try and get a few more pounds off and it worked (although a WDW diet threw the pounds back on quickly...:headache:) and while I have added some carbs back in (like fruit), I still don't eat any regular bread, bagels, english muffins, or pasta. ANd again, I rarely miss them. I switched from regular half-and-half to fat-free half-and-half years ago.... then I switched to another morning drink all together, and most recently I switched back to coffee with skim.... every step along the way has been a healthier choice. Sure, I should give up the coffee (the acidity is bad for your body), but I don't drink it all day and I really enjoy the cup or two in the morning, so I won't be giving it up.... for now at least.

I hope you have more success in this journey next year. I'm glad you stuck with us this fall. And give yourself a pat on the back for the four pounds.... it really can make a difference in your health.

T
Pamela-Thank you so much for the kind words. :hug: And here's to being the same weight on 1/1/12!!! We can do it!!

Thank you every single one of you who have taken part in this challenge, posting or not, you inspire me each and every day.

Yup..... I'm aiming for a maintain for the next two weeks! Do you believe that NYE is two weeks from today?? January 2 will find me celebrating a full FOUR YEARS on this journey! And I wouldn't have made it this far without the support of friends like you!

Well, our original choices were Bambi, Aladdin, Lady and the Tramp, and the Lion King (all on VHS!) or Beauty and the Beast, Wall-E or Enchanted. One of my housemates also has Sleeping beauty. Then I went to WalMart and bought Tangled because it was only $10! So we ended up watching Bambi (a first for most of us-I had seen it when I was three but don't really remember it), which was cute but also sad, of course. Then we watched Tangled because half f us hadn't seen it, and the newbies loved it. It gets better every time I see it and is quickly tying for favorite Disney movie.

I agree... Tangled is better every time I see it too! I really didn't LOVE it the first time... not sure why. But it has become a favorite of DD and myself.

Love Wall-E, but it puts me to SLEEP! I've never, not once, seen the entire thing through! :laughing:

Thank you all! These are definitely not easy jobs to hold and I appreciate all the work you put into them. I really enjoyed CC's HH challenges even though I didn't do them. I read them each week and loved how they all united around a movie! I hope they continue for the next challenge.

I"m with you on that..... I didn't always participate in the HH, but I LOVED reading the challenges and I always found them inspiring!!

I just wanted to pop in really quick and congratulate everyone for hanging in there and making it to the end of the challenge!!!! Looks like you became a chatty group again and I am behind several pages!!!

I just wanted to mention to the people that were in the WIN challenge - the girl that was running it, has not been on the DIS is awhile and I hope she is OK. If you have your beginning number and your ending number, please PM me the information so we all can celebrate your accomplishments. I will post the WIN numbers Tuesday night after midnight.

Janis

HOpe everything is okay with her. Maybe just overwhelmed by the holiday season?? Thanks for having her back Janis.

Morning friends! How pathetic is it that sleeping until 7 am felt like a guilty pleasure??

Today's weather doesn't look great, but we absolutely MUST go out and cut our tree today. IF we can pick it and cut it this morning and have the men put it up this afternoon while DD and I are at the swim meet, then tomorrow I can toss some lights and ornaments on it and call it good.

This week was already shaping up to be nutty (as I"m sure it is for all of you) and then I went and agreed to work on Monday and possibly Tuesday.... then DD comes home last night and tells me that it is HER turn to host the team pasta supper on the 22nd!! :eek: So why am I still sitting here chatting with you all when I should be cleaning, wrapping, exercising??? Not sure.:laughing:

Coffee is brewed and smells delicious. I promised the kids a special french toast breakfast today (again.... why did I do that when I am so busy???), but no one is up yet. I will have egg whites and broccoli, but may splurge on a Vitamuffin this morning. I need to eat BEFORE I make the french toast so that I am not tempted.

Kitty is sleeping here on top of the monitor (where I'm sure it is warm) and looks so adorable. :cat:

Anyhow..... I hope you all have relaxing or productive days....depending on your goal! I'm aiming for productive, of course. Off to breakfast...ttyl..............P

So why am I still sitting here chatting with you all when I should be cleaning, wrapping, exercising??? Not sure.:laughing:
Because it is the holiday season, and relaxing and taking a little "me" time is so important, and well deserved for all that you do for others. At least that's my excuse for goofing off here this morning.;)

Please join me in thanking them for a great challenge! :santa:

Thank you so much ladies for running our challenge:worship:

There is NO WAY I am submitting my weight today:scared1: I thought last week was our last WI and I went a little WILD this week. Really regretting it right now and reigning myself in starting today. I am up almost 5 lbs from my lowest of the challenge but I think if I am careful I can take off 2 pounds by Monday. I've already done 45 mins on the elliptical this morning and have 2 hard boiled eggs ready to eat for breakfast, salad will be lunch and chilli for supper. I am tracking in my journal for the first time since October. Wierd tiime of year to get back on track but I know if I don't I'll just have more to take off in January.

I :love: our end of the challenge QOTD!

We all love Kathy! First of all, I am in awe of anyone who is an RN.
On top of that, Kathy is a single mother raising an awesome son all by herself.
You never hear a word of complaint from Kathy as she does it all by herself, from home maintenance to shuttling her son to football practice. She is a very well balanced person who also gets plenty of fun in her life and is known for her famous beergaritas:banana: Most of all, Kathy is a slow loser like me so I feel a special connection to her:cutie: We will get there one day Kathy!!!

Having a great day here so far....found a check that I thought I had lost:scared1:, DS soccer practice cancelled due to wet fields, exercise done and about to eat a healthy breakfast. I don't need to go anywhere near the Mall today:goodvibes Shopping all done except my 12 yr old neice.

OK, I think I need to move over to the other thread...........Have a great day all:yay:

A loss is still a loss and you have done well, especially with the job hunting stress. I'm very close to onderland too and I know we can get there, its just the final push that can seem so hard. Feel free to join us on the alumni thread, we will start posting a QOTD there tomorrow.

Down four is okay, although I understand wishing it was more. Wish I could send you some magic tonic or pixie dust to help you get things together and lose the weight. ... I hope you have more success in this journey next year. I'm glad you stuck with us this fall. And give yourself a pat on the back for the four pounds.... it really can make a difference in your health.

Thank you both so much for the kind/positive words - I appreciate it. :)

Looking forward to joining the alumni thread as well as the next challenge.

- Laura

We all love Kathy! First of all, I am in awe of anyone who is an RN.
On top of that, Kathy is a single mother raising an awesome son all by herself.
You never hear a word of complaint from Kathy as she does it all by herself, from home maintenance to shuttling her son to football practice. She is a very well balanced person who also gets plenty of fun in her life and is known for her famous beergaritas:banana: Most of all, Kathy is a slow loser like me so I feel a special connection to her:cutie: We will get there one day Kathy!!!
Thank you Shawn. You are so right, we will get there one day, no matter what. We must never give up!

Good Morning. Sorry to be MIA, but I've been busy and my computer decided to act up yesterday. I think I've fixed it at least temperarily, but it took all of last night and then some.

I ended the challenge down a couple of pounds, not a big loss, but not a gain :banana: I need to get some frosting made today in prep for school parties this week, re write my resume and get a couple of job apps in and get some housework done.

Is there another thread started for the gap between challenges or are we staying on this one? I know that I'm coaching a couple of days this week.

Good Morning. Sorry to be MIA, but I've been busy and my computer decided to act up yesterday. I think I've fixed it at least temperarily, but it took all of last night and then some.

I ended the challenge down a couple of pounds, not a big loss, but not a gain :banana: I need to get some frosting made today in prep for school parties this week, re write my resume and get a couple of job apps in and get some housework done.

Is there another thread started for the gap between challenges or are we staying on this one? I know that I'm coaching a couple of days this week.

Mornin' Deb! The holiday thread is here http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43398691&postcount=1 and you are coaching just one day on Wednesday, 12/21. Thanks! :santa:

Why no, I didn't drop off the face of the earth! Well kind of :confused:

I think its been since before thanksgiving that I posted, is everyone still here or did we move to a new thread? I had to stop posting, mostly for my own sanity. School kind of got into high gear at the end of the semester and I had to focus on that. I have my last final tomorrow. Can't wait till its over!

I hope everyone is doing well! I've been slacking on the diet front, not tracking calories, but still lost 4 lbs since thanksgiving, which im proud of. Despite not tracking calories, I still have been trying to keep up with my healthy eating habits and i've done pretty well. I've even been able to sneak in a few treats here and there. It feels good, and I've been feeling a lot better about myself lately. I need to get back on the wagon though. I have 15 lbs to go before I hit my goal and I know I can do it!

Excersice has been really depressing. I think I mentioned my hip injury before i dissapeared but its much worse. I've been seeing an orthapedic doctor and he says its bursitas and also a problem with my IT band. not the news i wanted. I'm under STRICT orders not to run (havent run since thanksgiving, when i finished my first 5 miles race) and its bumming me out. But most days I can barely walk. I'm doing physical therapy 3 times a week but working out is very limited, and ive not had much time with school anyways

so thats a little update from me, i miss all ya'll, but i didnt think it was fair to anyone how little i was posting and being involved. now that school is over for a month i will have more time. hope everyone is well!

Dona..... thanks for pointing everyone in the right direction for the new thread. I imagine this one will be locked down soon. So everyone who hasn't already done so, grab your moving buddy head to the new thread (link in the previous post)! See you there! ............................P

Last call for Healthy Habits totals!!!!

They are due by 5 PM Eastern time tomorrow/Tuesday night.

Thanks!

Here we celebrate our progress and recognize our superstars.

Reminders:
-after 3 weeks of no reporting, you are dropped from the challenge – can re-start at any time, though
-if anybody knows they will miss weighing in, just PM and let me know and you’ll be marked excused

First some stats

MAINTAINERS:
(staying within 2 lbs of their maintain weight is successfully maintaining!)
# of Maintainers Reporting In & Successfully Maintaining: 3

Congratulations aamomma, Rose&Mike and bellebookworm9!

LOSERS:
Current Participants-------------33!
not reporting in for 1 week-----7
not reporting in for 2 weeks----1
not reporting in for 3 weeks----3
Excused--------------------------1
weigh ins-------------------------21
gains-----------------------------5
maintains------------------------6
losses----------------------------10
new or returning members ----0

Biggest Loser Fall Challenge Week 14!
This week’s group loss = 8 pounds!
Average percentage of weight lost 0.15 %
Total group weight loss so far 378.1 pounds!

AWESOME!

Retention Rate (compared to the 95 participants we had sign up for our start week on Sept 9th)
28% (this includes the Losers, Maintainers and Excused people!). Let's keep sending those weights people!

Before the weekly superstar list comes the disclaimer. I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me. For your reference this is the magic percentage of weight lost formula - weight loss for the week divided by weight for last week times 100, that gives us the percentage. Now let me test that with my numbers for week 1, click, click, click goes the calculator. Yes, that agrees with the percentage on the magic spreadsheet. (btw if its been more than 1 week between weigh-ins, then the % loss is divided by the number of weeks, to keep everybody on the same basis)

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 14?

The WISH Biggest Loser Fall Challenge Week 14 Superstars!!
#10- 0.21% - Worfiedoodles
#9- 0.23% - Disneywedding2010
#8- 0.36% - AUdisneyDad
#7- 0.57% - mikamah
#6 - 0.59% - wickey's friend
#5- 0.78% - buzz5985
#4- 0.79% - AUdisneyDad DW
#3- 0.90% - pjstevens
#2- 1.31% - thunderbird1
and now
The WISH Biggest Loser Fall Challenge
Week 14 Biggest Loser is:
#1- 2.05% - lisah0711

Quote from Dare2Dream: How is your week going? Are you OP (on program)? Are you exercising? Drinking that water? You know what to do to make the magic happen. Get on the wagon. We are all here to help you on the journey. We can do this one day at a time. One bite at a time.

Have a healthy day!
Congratulations lisah0711!!!

What a great week you had. Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser. Wear it with pride this week! :

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version

31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by

or we have a medium version

31040weeklyBLmed.jpg

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by

and we have a small version

31040weeklyBLsm.jpg

or use
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great!

NOW FOR THOSE OF US WHO SET A GOAL FOR THE CHALLENGE!

NOTE: This list includes participants who have reported in within the last 3 weeks, once someone misses 3 weigh-ins they are dropped from this report.

How this works: You set your goal for what you want to lose in the challenge. Then I calculate your weight loss in the challenge divided by your goal to get a % to goal.

Anybody can change their goal at anytime (or add a goal) – all you have to do is send me a PM.

Since the goals are an individual thing, the list is just in alphabetical order to make it easier for everybody to find their own name. If there are any questions or suggestions please let me know.

We have done 14 out of 14 weeks, so the challenge is 100% complete.

buzz5985 57.60
ClassicPooh2 50.00
Desiree 47.33
Disneywedding2010 41.86
dvccruiser76 42.31
EDuke98080 34.29
jillbur 58.82
lovehoney 61.25
MickeyMagic 75.00
Mrs D 75.00
mvlimmex 52.00
pjstevens 39.58
SettinSail 14.84
thunderbird1 36.00
wickey’s friend 50.00
Worfiedoodles 29.00

I find everybody on the list an inspiration and everybody who participates in this challenge is an inspiration in and of themselves. Whether you post, lurk or just pm your weight and check results on Tuesdays, you have made a commitment to yourself. And that is the biggest inspiration of all!
BY Octoberbride03

Thank you so much, Sue, for being our weightkeeper! :flower3: You totally rock! :rockband:

Can't wait to see the final results. :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!