Biggest Loser--Fall 2011 Challenge for Losers & Maintainers!!

I would love to join y'all. I'm guessing I might be like some of you. I lose weight, get comfy and it creeps back on.

This summer nearly 10 lbs crept back on and I'm not happy. I worked so hard to get below 190 and to be back above it most days, does not make me happy.

I'm hoping getting back to school (I'm a teacher) might help.

Hi Everyone! I would like to join as a loser for this fall's challenge. I lost 20 pounds last year doing weight watchers. However, WW was getting a little too expensive, so now I want to lose another 10 pounds without it.

Looking forward to this! :goodvibes

Count me in....I am vowing to posting daily during this challenge. The summer was not a good one for me and I had a drastic gain instead of a loss.:headache: I think I gained close to 15lbs of the weigh I had originally lost.:eek:

The good news is I am still here and trying to get back on the bandwagon. I am signing up for my 3rd half marathon in Nov so I feel like I am getting back in the groove and what better way to do it than with all of you:goodvibes.

So sign me up as a loser please!!!!!!!!!!

I am wanting to join the fall challenge too. I did start the summer challenge but did not complete it. :sad: I am excited about restarting again. I have been working hard the last couple of weeks with planning healthier meals, drinking lots of water and not snacking all day. Still struggling with the snacking one. I work from home so I have access to the kitchen all day so this one is going to be a hard hurdle to get over but not impossible, right? I swear sometimes I hear the refrigerator calling my name :laughing: Anyways, working on an exercise plan now. I am determined to finish this one with success!!!

I am reserving my seat to be a loser.
How do I get a biggest loser graphic that I see some of you have?

Welcome. The graphic is in the first message of the thead, along with directions.

Thanks everyone for the beautiful comments on my weight loss so far. To buzz5985...the weight loss was sort of inspired by my ex. He told me that I would never find anyone who would think I was attractive and that I was fat and blah blah blah. I had started actually the year before for about a month and then I just quit. But I really started working out and watching what I are about April/May. I had lost over 50lbs in the summer and then the rest has came off slowly. To date I've lost 106lbs and still goin.

I'm not gonna lie and say that it's been easy cause it hasn't been. I still go up and down with ten pounds it seems like. But..I'll keep encouraging you and everyone else because after all...isn't that what we're here for???:goodvibes;):thumbsup2

Well, it looks like you are well rid of him then. I am very lucky with my DH, he never says a word, but is always very encouraging.

Hi everyone! I'm new here, and this challenge is right up my alley! I am joining as a Loser, and I'm excited to begin on Friday! :banana:

Welcome

I would love to join y'all. I'm guessing I might be like some of you. I lose weight, get comfy and it creeps back on.

This summer nearly 10 lbs crept back on and I'm not happy. I worked so hard to get below 190 and to be back above it most days, does not make me happy.

I'm hoping getting back to school (I'm a teacher) might help.

Glad to have you join the group.

Hi Everyone! I would like to join as a loser for this fall's challenge. I lost 20 pounds last year doing weight watchers. However, WW was getting a little too expensive, so now I want to lose another 10 pounds without it.

Looking forward to this! :goodvibes

OK, I have added you to the list.

Count me in....I am vowing to posting daily during this challenge. The summer was not a good one for me and I had a drastic gain instead of a loss.:headache: I think I gained close to 15lbs of the weigh I had originally lost.:eek:

The good news is I am still here and trying to get back on the bandwagon. I am signing up for my 3rd half marathon in Nov so I feel like I am getting back in the groove and what better way to do it than with all of you:goodvibes.

So sign me up as a loser please!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you jumped back on board!!!

I am wanting to join the fall challenge too. I did start the summer challenge but did not complete it. :sad: I am excited about restarting again. I have been working hard the last couple of weeks with planning healthier meals, drinking lots of water and not snacking all day. Still struggling with the snacking one. I work from home so I have access to the kitchen all day so this one is going to be a hard hurdle to get over but not impossible, right? I swear sometimes I hear the refrigerator calling my name :laughing: Anyways, working on an exercise plan now. I am determined to finish this one with success!!!

Welcome back.

Janis

Hello! Please count me in, I want lose to between 60 and 80 pounds by June 2012. (It's possible!!)
I've had a really hard time with losing the twins in Feb, (my 4th and 5th baby i lost), my fiancee possibly having meningitis (March) and just found out at 4am this morning that he has an inflamed muscle near his heart causing him chest pains. UGH. It's been a long road these past few years with all of that plus all of my medical problems (also a thyroid issue) that I REALLY want to look "beautiful" on my wedding day. Be CLOSE (if i lose 80 i'll be 3 pounds away) from when I first started dating my fiancee 8 years ago today.

Discussions are still held on the Summer thread. People should sign up for the new challenge here or PM me.

I am very excited about hostessing the new challenge. Welcome all to the Fall Hayride to Success!!! :laughing:

Hi there, count me in!

Thank you for hosting. I like the Fall Hayride to Success :lovestruc

I have ds2 graduating from college next year and a trip to Dw plannned for Aug of next year. (I don't have a count down since it is not set yet. It should by Sept 19th . My dsis is using her DVC for a big family party.)

Very nice, which resort are you staying at? We're not going until Dec 2012, so I need to live vicariously :rotfl:

Jumping back in for the fall! I have maintained my 45lb loss over the summer so am not back to loser status.

Good job :thumbsup2

I want in again. :) I am going to need it after being at Disney next week. My eating well is going on a vacation. Can I PM my initial weight later in the challenge? I know I am going to gain some when I am there....

Sure, you can join at any time.

Hi everyone! My name is Meaghan. I currently work out three times a week with a personal trainer but am looking to kick it up a notch with the weight loss. So far I've lost 22 lbs and 16 inches. I don't watch the TV show, but am excited to be joining your challenge as a loser.

Wow, that's quite an accomplishment so far :cool1:

To buzz5985...the weight loss was sort of inspired by my ex. He told me that I would never find anyone who would think I was attractive and that I was fat and blah blah blah.

What :scared1: And I guess we can add that to the list of why he's an ex. Man oh man :mad:

Hi everyone, for those of you that I haven't had a chance to meet before, welcome :flower3: I'll be the fall challenge weight tracker, so feel free to PM me your weights starting Friday.

Janis - forgot to mention that I'll have a Birthday during the challenge - October 6th.

Healthy Habits Hint: Find/buy a new notebook. Or, empty some pages from DS's who only took notes in history for a few weeks ;). Or, create a new document or even a WISH journal. Make sure that your choice is what you will use. I bought one at Staples for $1 and it fits in my purse. I know I will have that with me at all times.

Good suggestion. :thumbsup2 I am a list maker and am guilty of having lots of little pieces of paper all over the place. I was at The Christmas Tree Shop today and picked up a heavy duty 5-subject notebook. My plan is to use this for everything - food journal, to-do lists, shopping lists, calendar, etc.

- Laura

I'm back! I did a BL challenge 2 season's ago and it was great. Then I had a baby last fall/winter. I am back to my original weight but NOT my original size. I still want to lose about 8 pounds and get FIT again so my clothes will go on properly! Plus, my eating habits have gone DOWN the tubes. Big time. So, I have quite a bit to work on: Overall Fitness, Eating habits and weight loss. I am really looking forward to gaining inspiration from everyone. Just reading some of these posts has inspired me already.

Can I join? I am having trouble keeping off the 20 lbs I lost 5 years ago since being diagnosed with Celiac and having to eat gluten free. I gained 5 this summer and really want to get back down to where I was! Not sure exactly what do but I am sure I will catch on as we go.

Thanks Erika

Well I think today was a good wat to start off the challenge. I ran 3.25 miles, the farthest i have ever run! I started running about 9 weeks ago and this is a huge accomplishment for me.

Other than I've got day 1 of 3 down as far as school than work. Tomorrow will be a tougher day at work but hopefully i can manage. Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow

:woohoo: looks like the Fall Challenge is going to be very busy. Everytime I look here there are more and more people signing up. That is so kewl!!! party:

I'm in. I did a Challenge a couple of years ago and had a great time. Now's as good a time as any to admit i need a little extra motivation!

Having surgery on Thursday, 9/8. Doubt I'll feel like doing anything except sleep on Friday 9/9. Can I send it early (Wed) or late (over the weekend)? Thanks.

Hi-- I'd like to sign up for the Fall Challenge as a loser, please! I've lost about 10 pounds so far, and have another 37 to go. Four of my best friends are getting married next year, and I'll be in a lot of photos!!! I guess somewhere along the line I realized that--oh, gosh--my life is happening NOW... when did I gain all this weight??? Oh, and I'd really like to be able to buy work pants that fit me so I'm not freezing in skirts all winter long...

My WDW-skeptical boyfriend has agreed that if I lose the weight and maintain it, we get to go to WDW in Fall 2013!! (Has anyone been this excited for a trip a FULL TWO YEARS IN ADVANCE? :banana::banana::banana:)

Oh--and I'm a vegetarian--for anyone who is veg or veg-curious, I'd love to compare tips and recipes...

Aloha! Please sign me up as a loser! This will be my first time - I hope to see great results!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter