Biggest Loser alumni holiday chat! (All are welcome!)

If anyone is interested in coaching please pm me. I would like the coaches to do qotd for the month I am hostessing.:goodvibes
Here are the dates available. Because of the way the challenge is being run AND because of marathon weekend, the dates are a little different than normal.

January 1-9 Rose
January 10-17
January 18-24
January 25-31 LisaH

Thank you to Lisa for taking the last week!

Pamela, CC and Buffy checkin when you can please. :flower3: Sending you and everyone affected by the terrible tragedy today's prayers and good thoughts. :hug:

Thanks Lisa! I knew I could come here and share.

Definitely been a rough day. The tragedy in my state has me at a loss for words. We talked about it a lot at work. My coworkers and I took the time to pause and reflect on how devastated so many parents must be right now. I know I appreciated that.

I struggled reading the news article I just read. :sad1:

My parents want to eat now. I'll check in tomorrow afternoon. I'm having some allergy testing tomorrow morning. I'm now allergic to peanuts. I'm not surprised, but really, it's the last thing on my mind.

Please, please, as they are saying on the news, hug your children tonight.

I'm here and we are ok. We are on the opposite side of the state from Newtown. We are just devastated by today's events. I don't even know where to begin about how screwed up the whole thing is. What is this world coming to? Tomorrow we have to go to a school concert and honestly I am considering dropping the costumes and candles off and going home. DD is supposed to be a reindeer for the Rudolph song and I know she would be sad if we skipped it but frankly my nerves are on edge.
Today I want to just hide under the covers and never let my kids leave the house.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

Thanks for letting us know you and your family are safe Buffy. :flower3: I don't blame you for wanting to stay home. :hug:

I am totally in shock about the news of yesterday. AS a teacher you wonder about what they went through. I am glad to hear CC and B&B are safe. I am glad that I don't have to go to school today because I don't know if I can.

I am totally in shock about the news of yesterday. AS a teacher you wonder about what they went through. I am glad to hear CC and B&B are safe. I am glad that I don't have to go to school today because I don't know if I can.

Dona, I'm sending you oodles of good thoughts, prayers and pixiedust: Our teachers do so much for our children every single day and you are no exception. Your school kids are older but I am sure they are just as frightened and upset as anyone else. What a horrible tragedy. I wish you peace and strength. :hug:

Jen--that's exciting about your trip! :)

I have my last really long run tomorrow. The goal is 23 miles. We are supposed to have scattered showers, so fingers crossed they don't start until we are done or almost done. I think after this I will be able to relax a bit. :)

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Did you get it done before the rain?

Pamela, hope that you were able to get some of the Christmas items on your to do list checked off and get in your 8 minutes of relaxing. :santa:

Hang in there on the eating and just take it one day at a time. You are running in a lot of directions all at once and subbing last minute. Might be time for a pjlla plan! ::yes::

I'm down 6 pounds for the month. :yay: 4 to go for my challenge. I'm going to be ready to keep on moving forward in January. :yay:

Have a great day all! :goodvibes

I was down a bit on the scale yesterday, so obviously I didn't fall apart as badly as I thought. But I do have a plan to keep things under control this week.

Woooohoooo on down 6 pounds...in Decembeer no less! WTG!

That is so awesome Lisa! I am so proud of you and excited for you! :cool1:

I spent some time typing up the first two posts for the new thread which I will post ~Dec 28th.

If anyone is interested in coaching please pm me. I would like the coaches to do qotd for the month I am hostessing.:goodvibes
Here are the dates available. Because of the way the challenge is being run AND because of marathon weekend, the dates are a little different than normal.

January 1-9 Rose
January 10-17
January 18-24
January 25-31

How about Jan. 10th week for me? Thanks Rose!

Pamela, CC and Buffy checkin when you can please. :flower3: Sending you and everyone affected by the terrible tragedy today's prayers and good thoughts. :hug:

I'm here and fine, but absolutely sick to my stomach over the horror of that event. My college roommate and friend was from Newtown, so I know the town, so as soon as the radio mentioned Newtown and Sandy Hook, my ears perked up. And my next thought was to pray for those parents.

Thanks Lisa! I knew I could come here and share.

Definitely been a rough day. The tragedy in my state has me at a loss for words. We talked about it a lot at work. My coworkers and I took the time to pause and reflect on how devastated so many parents must be right now. I know I appreciated that.

I struggled reading the news article I just read. :sad1:

My parents want to eat now. I'll check in tomorrow afternoon. I'm having some allergy testing tomorrow morning. I'm now allergic to peanuts. I'm not surprised, but really, it's the last thing on my mind.

Please, please, as they are saying on the news, hug your children tonight.

Glad you are ok. Miss hearing from you more often, but I understand.

I'm here and we are ok. We are on the opposite side of the state from Newtown. We are just devastated by today's events. I don't even know where to begin about how screwed up the whole thing is. What is this world coming to? Tomorrow we have to go to a school concert and honestly I am considering dropping the costumes and candles off and going home. DD is supposed to be a reindeer for the Rudolph song and I know she would be sad if we skipped it but frankly my nerves are on edge.
Today I want to just hide under the covers and never let my kids leave the house.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

I know the feeling. I wonder what changes I will find at my school come Monday morning.

Happy Saturday all! I am at a swim meet....again! And again all day tomorrow.

Made a decent dent in my shopping yesterday, but still not done. But I feel a bit better.

As I mentioned above, I was down a bit yesterday, so I was thrilled. if I can have a good week, I should be able to go into Christmas week at the low end of my maintenance range, which will be a nice cushion.

I want to chat more, but I'm on my IPad and sitting in cramped stadium seating, sweating, so I'll BBL to chat more when I can move........P

The last 30 hours or so (I found out about the tragedy during my lunch break) have been exhausting. I am still at a loss for words. I saw a few friends today (at church) and we chatted a bit. They each work in a school in CT and I know Monday will be hard for them. I also have another friend who I called last night and she is a school psychologist in CT. I am very nervous for her. I'm sure the vertigo episodes that plagued me last night and this morning are related.

I am trying to keep busy. Last night, I did some shopping. I didn't buy much, but it gave me something to do especially since my parents had dinner plans with some friends. Allergy testing occupied an hour of my time this morning. I am negative for all the tree nuts and am happy about that. I am being encouraged to gave some additional testing to see how severe of an allergy I have to peanuts, but I'm not sure that I'll have it. The office only does it in the morning and it is very difficult to take the morning off from work, or at least it will be through January. I'll think about it. This is really still one of the last things on my mind. Even Christmas planning, shopping, etc. is a necessity, not something I'm enjoying or thinking about clearly.

I picked up some new music to add to my iPod. Some of it is Christmas music. I'm hoping that will boost my Christmas spirit. Knowing that I'm not alone is helping.

Thanks for listening. :hug:

Hello friends :)

I cannot believe how busy I have been! I have been lurking here to catch up on reading, but never seem to have enough time to post.

First, I love the idea for the new thread! For me, one month at a time seems like a good plan to stay focused. I fell of the wagon for a week or two. And, I mean off. And the wagon was no where in sight! I think the stress of completing my online classes mixed with a couple situations at work have me beyond stressed. So, I vowed to get back at it and started fresh this week. I already feel much better, even if I am still up a couple pounds. I am also finding it harder to fit in my exercise with DSs activities in the afternoons and DH being busier with school related things. Thankfully, he graduates in one month! But, job searching is tough. He may have to continue working in the ER and find something per diem as a respiratory therapist until he finds something full time. More stress :rolleyes:

I spent a good deal of my day yesterday baking. I need to get going on this cookie making! I'm doing good, though. I only tried one of each kind so I could see if the were cooked properly and then I immediately froze them. They kids came in the kitchen and asked for cookies and they were already in the freezer! I got some confused looks from that one!

Today is the kids program/play at church. My cousin who lives about an hour away invited us down to watch the Steeler game and celebrate her son graduating from college this week. I really want to go, but I have sooooo much to do today. I need to catch up on laundry for the week and still have things to do for work for this week. I'm not sure what I am going to do. I could really use today to get caught up and even make more cookies, but I feel like I should visit with my family. Bah!

I really cannot image what the people in Newtown are going through. Just a senseless tragedy. As a teacher and parent, I have no words. Prayers to everyone in the nation.

I am going to try to post here more often. I definitely keeps me on track!

I am off to try to get a load of laundry done before I get ready for church. Have a great Sunday!

Jill

I spent some time typing up the first two posts for the new thread which I will post ~Dec 28th.

January 1-9 Rose
January 10-17 Pamela
January 18-24
January 25-31 LisaH

Thank you to Pamela for taking a week. Only one left for January!

Jill--I say go visit your family. I know it is crazy at your house, but it might be more relaxing to be around people that you love than to catch up on all the stuff.:hug:

I did my last really long run before the Mickey in January. It was tough. I feel great today, so I did a good job with stretching before hand and watching the pace. So that is awesome. But the weather was tough. 45 and rainy. We were supposed to only have a few passing showers but it rained on and off from mile 7 on, and continuously from mile 14 on. We wanted to go 23 miles, but only did 21 because we were freezing!

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!:goodvibes

Pamela, I was happy to hear that you and your family are safe. Sounds like you've made good progress on your Christmas chores and will be ready to relax and enjoy soon. :santa:

CC, I'm sure the coverage in your area is overwhelming. It sounds like you did a good job keeping busy and focused on other things as well as being in touch with your friends. One day at a time. :hug:

Jill, so nice to see you! :flower3: I thought of you, too, Friday. :hug: We have lots of folks who work at schools on our thread. I'm with Rose and say go have some fun -- all the tasks will be there when you return. Unless the laundry fairy pays you a visit. ;)

Thank you to Pamela for taking a week. Only one left for January!

I will have 4 weeks in February if anyone wants to start choosing weeks when January is full. :goodvibes

Rose, congratulations on finishing your last long run before the Mickey Marathon. The next time you have to run that far you will get that beautiful medal. :cool1:

Just in time for this hectic last week before Christmas came a little article from sparkpeople.com called 9 Simple Tricks to Eat Less.

1. Enjoy every bite.
2. Use smaller plates, cups and bowls.
3. Pre-portion your foods.
4. Know your pitfalls.
5. Keep a food journal.
6. Use the proper plate method (ratio fruits/veggies/protein/carbs).
7. Pack in the protein.
8. Doggy bag it.
9. Eat breakfast.

Here is the link to the whole article that gives a lot of action tips if you are interested. http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1386

I'm thinking that I will be able to put some of these ideas to use this week! :santa:

Have a great day all!

Hey friends! Here at swim meet at UNH today. Missed her first event because they changed the start time without any warning...think they are worried about impending storm.

Did some online shopping this morning, so I am nearly done! Stupidly though, I missed the opportunity for earning extra air miles by accidentally using the wrong credit card. :sad2: I was able to cancel one order and will reorder tonight with the air miles card, but probably SOL with the other two orders. Head cold/sore throat making me a bit foggy so I'll blame it on that.

Didn't make the best breakfast choice today (sugary baked oatmeal) but I am determined to not let it lead to a bad eating day. I have healthy lunch and snacks and drink packed and with me today.:thumbsup2 the points in the oatmeal are pretty high, as is the carb count, so I will have to be careful the rest of the day...but with just one more weigh-in before Christmas, I am determined to be down a bit more this week and end the year on a good number.

Gotta go watch a swim...I'll BBL to chat more.......P

I'm back! Three events down, not sure how many more to go.

Had a last minute gift idea for DD, so I will be stopping at the craft store on my way home if it isn't snowing. Hasn't started yet, thank goodness.

I know I should get up and take a brisk walk instead of sitting here, but so not feeling it today.:rolleyes: not sure if I will make it for a run tomorrow either. Coughing and running...not a good combo.

Gonna go talk with DD now.......P

DONE! I can head out now! It started snowing a bit after 2pm, but not heavy yet.

Coughing and maybe slightly feverish :confused3 can't wait to get home and crash. Not sure how I will make it through tonight's Survivor finale, but I've never missed one, so I'll try to stay awake!

I have no clue what we will eat for dinner. I didn't plan ahead well and feel too lousy too cook. I think I'll call home and have them pull a meatloaf from the freezer. Then I'll toss some broccoli in a pot and make some whole wheat couscous. Sounds like a plan!

TTY tomorrow...........P

Happy Monday morning! I know many of you are getting storms early this week, so stay safe! We got a few inches last night and the drive home from the pool was slow, but the kids are off to school on time.

I am pretty sick this morning...throat is on fire, nose is stuffy, head is achy. I had a low grade fever last night, so obviously I am fighting something hard. I do NOT have time to be sick! I am not working today, so I will take the opportunity to rest and heal....and then wrap some gifts!:thumbsup2

What is it about being sick that makes to want to eat carbs, carbs, and more carbs!? Breakfast was a toasted low carb sandwich roll with a bit of Sun nut butter. Coffee feels like it is scorching my throat all the way down, but tastes good.

Exercise will NOT be happening today! Head is absolutely pounding and I can't imagine running right now!

I will find a bit of inspiration to share later, to help keep us all on track this last week before the holidays! Off to cough and blow my nose:rolleyes: .....P

Good morning all! :goodvibes

Pamela, sounds like you and your DD both had great week-ends in the swimming and the shopping department. I'm so sorry that you are feeling so sick. :flower3: pixiedust: for a speedy recovery!

I won tickets from my Kroc community center for a Christmas show yesterday afternoon. DS went with me, even though he was a bit frantic about the homework he needed to do when he got home -- and had to endure a lecture poor time management and the perils of waiting until the last minute. :rolleyes: It was a great show with 135 performers, 400 costumes, a real horse for the sleigh, sheep and a donkey for the nativity. It is produced by someone local who also produces shows on Broadway. And DS gets choir credit for attending! :santa:

If I manage to get my Christmas cards done today I will be done with my Christmas tasks. We'll see how that goes since I also, ahem, should be working today. :rotfl:

So I will leave you with this little thought from sparkpeople.com

l621248199.jpg

Have a great day all! :santa:

Good morning all! :goodvibes

Pamela, sounds like you and your DD both had great week-ends in the swimming and the shopping department. I'm so sorry that you are feeling so sick. :flower3: pixiedust: for a speedy recovery!

I won tickets from my Kroc community center for a Christmas show yesterday afternoon. DS went with me, even though he was a bit frantic about the homework he needed to do when he got home -- and had to endure a lecture poor time management and the perils of waiting until the last minute. :rolleyes: It was a great show with 135 performers, 400 costumes, a real horse for the sleigh, sheep and a donkey for the nativity. It is produced by someone local who also produces shows on Broadway. And DS gets choir credit for attending! :santa:

If I manage to get my Christmas cards done today I will be done with my Christmas tasks. We'll see how that goes since I also, ahem, should be working today. :rotfl:

So I will leave you with this little thought from sparkpeople.com

l621248199.jpg

Have a great day all! :santa:

Thanks for the pixie dust. Feeling cruddy right now, but hopefully a good full night's sleep will be healing.

That sounds like a neat show...and how nice you could share it with DS. :)

Hope you were able to get your cards done!

Evening friends. I made it through the evening without coughing myself silly. I bought some NyQuil type stuff, so I pray that it works. I rarely take stuff like that...I usually figure that you body needs the opportunity to fight the virus naturally...but I'm too busy to allow this to linger!

Splurged (budget-wise) on Subway for dinner...it just made the evening so much easier nothing to cook or clean....just what I needed tonight. DS had 2 of the December specials. 6" meatball and DD and I shared a footling egg white and cheese. Yummy and reasonable as far as calories and such are concerned.

Need to say g'night...feeling like the cold meds are kicking in:crazy2: ........P

Hello everyone! I don't know if you noticed but I went missing these last few months. I think the last time I talked to you all was back in September. I purposely left the challenge this semester because I knew what a tough semester it would be as I took my senior thesis class. Well the semester is over and I can reflect on just how far off the wagon I fell.

I'm afraid to get on a scale. I know it's bad. This semester was awful in terms of having time to do anything or eat right so I feel like all the hard work I put in this past year was wasted. I am ready to start over but I feel like I don't even know how. Step one is to start at the gym I think. Over winter break I plan on really taking advantage of the time I have to go running. Starting tomorrow.

I hope to stick around this time and look forward to chatting with you all again and hopefully getting some motivation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter