Biggest Loser alumni holiday chat! (All are welcome!)

Good evening all!!

I love the name WISH away the Pounds. It's perfect, and thank you to everyone who has volunteered to step up and host for a month.

Pamela-I'm so glad to hear your Dad is doing so well, and the surgery was a success. Fingers crossed he continues to heal and get his strength back quickly. xoxo. And I would so love to celebrate our 50th year together at princesspalooza. The princess half has been the last weekend of our feb vacation the past few years, so it would be the first weekend of your vacation. Of course, your dd will be in college right? so it wouldn't affect her!! OMG can you believe it? and 15 min miles, you will so not be swept. And glad ds was ok. allergic reactions are so scary. When michael had his, I was so out of control, and you would have had no idea that i had any medical background. It was a little embarrassing, but I made up for it with his first seizure, totally kept it together in front of him. lol.

CC and Buffy, I got goosebumps thinking of how fun it would be if we all did a race together. I so hope it works out for you both. I plan to sit down in January and make a run/walk plan for the year.

Lisa-Thanks for all the motivational spark quotes. I need to go back and read the december article.

Rose-Congrats on your 20 miles!

Hello to everyone else!

Busy week here, and eating less than stellar, but we're pretty much out of the unhealthy leftovers, and will start the weekend off a little better. Until I start baking christmas cookies. Lots of challenges, but I have princess 2014 on the radar to help limit the amount I consume. I weigh on sat am too, so that will be a good motivator either way, if I'm up, I won't want to go any higher, and if I'm down, I want to keep on going down.

Have a great night!!

Good evening everyone. Just a few moments to chat.

I was walking back to my classroom this afternoon and I slipped on a piece of an apple and went down. I spent most of my prep period in the nurses office. My side is sore from my shoulder to my ankle (the one that was getting better from hurting it during the hurricane cleanup.) I am getting ready to get into my pj's and ice again. I am going to the workman's comp dr tomorrow afternoon. They were too busy to get me in today. I think I am okay except for my left wrist. If I move it in the wrong way it hurts a lot. At least it my left write and I do think it is just bruised but I am getting it checked out tomorrow.

WHen is the princess in 2014? I don't think I can do it with my history of bad ankle sprains ( including today's) but I can dream can't I.

Have a happy and healthy day.

I told DH I was told I HAD to do the princess 2014 by the original 7. LOL Kept that vague as could be, so I am in!!!

I told DS he has to help me with a workout schedule and food plan.

Now to bank $$.

I'm sorry to hear about your fall Dona, I hope you are ok. I don't know what the dates are of the race yet. 2013 is the 4th Sunday and it seems to be around that time every year.

I wish I could have done it in 2013, the kids have vacation the weekend before and it would have been great to go as a family.

So I was just in the kitchen and walked past my coupon binder and had a thought. Tell me if it sounds stupid.

I was thinking I could use my sales and coupon savings to pay for the race. My grocery store keeps a year long tally of savings at the bottom of the receipt. I could take that savings every trip and roll it over to a savings account. That way I'm not dipping into the household budget, I'm just redirecting left over funds.
What do you think?

Very busy-again! I had my blood work on Thursday and now have some of the results. My fasting glucose, glucose tolerance, and insulin levels are all normal. I am very excited about the my fasting glucose being normal. I had mixed feelings about not having hypoglycemia. I have definitely had some low blood sugar readings. I had a med check today and my doctor and I agreed that the test results are good to have, but that we would not forget that I've had multiple low blood sugar readings. I feel much better now that he and I decided that. I won't have the results of the allergy testing until I see the allergist next week.

Pamela: I was so worried when I heard about DS. I now have to carry an EpiPen and it hit home. I made brownies yesterday for the potluck luncheon today (I brought lots of GF food for myself too.) and I touched some of them taking them out of the pan and I started itching. The EpiPen is supposed to be because of the "latex" allergy. No one knows what it is I'm allergic to, but it's in latex gloves, so I'm told to say I'm allergic to latex.

Rose: I know a kid with Celiac disease. Her mom told me that Ghirardelli is not gluten free. I actually buy Enjoy Life because I'm lactose intolerant. They are GF/CF, soy, and peanut/tree nut free.

Princess 2014: That would be about 6 months before I turn 30. Definitely something for me to think about.

Hope everyone is doing well! Love the idea for the spring!

Thanks for your concern. He is fine now...but it was a good reminder to him to always have his Epi-pen with him.

Glad you are getting some good answers from the testing.:)

DS is making her a necklace, something about a song they listen too. GF said she would thrilled with a Bath and Body Works GC, but I'd like to get something for her to unwrap. I was thinking of some nice fuzzy pajama bottoms or something. She is going with us to the big family party on the 23rd and there will be stuff to unwrap for all of the great grands, my 4 included so I want her to have something under the tree.

Love the idea!!! We do the same thing on the scrap boards. We set a goal of the month and then we update weekly, daily, whenever really. We also do a similar thing on the budget boards Called the no buy challenge.

WISH away the pounds - January Edition

Also on the scrap board we have a Scrap page annual thread where we add the monthly goals up and see if we reach our annual goal. We could do that too. That might be fun for the exercise challenge too.

Here's a link to that thread:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2845619

You slay me!!!! 5 miles in 75 minutes?!?! Can I hate you a little bit right now?? No, really, I love you! You are a great motivator!!!

What 1/2 are you thinking about doing?

CC I'm glad your tests came back normal, hopefully you get more answers soon.

Princess 2014 huh? I will have just turned 40....hmmmmm.... If you decide to do it, let me know.
Now if we could convince Pamela to run it too, we might just have a little running group going.

Actually... Not trying to brag but I figured it out and it was actually 5.47 miles in 75 minutes, including warm up and cool down. But I will admit I was really pushing it during my run segments. Not sure I could push it that hard for 3hours.

Okay I'll take February and you can take March. Rose is doing January and Dona is doing May -- that leaves April and we are covered for the next several months. :goodvibes

It will be fun and different for sure! ::yes::

Glad that your test results were good, CC. :flower3: Princesspalooza will be a lot of fun. princess:

Actually Pamela said she is considering it and the original seven BL princesses from 2011 are going to celebrate mikamah's 50th birthday. If you, Pamela and CC go that makes at least 10 of us -- plus our other 17,000 some odd friends! :rotfl: Think about it Buffy! princess:

Oh my gosh! This could be so much fun!

CC--I am not sure where your friend got her info, but ghirardeli is g-f. Godiva is not. Nothing made by godiva is considered safe. Ghirardeli only makes one product that has gluten in it, and as long as you avoid the milk chocolate version of their chocolates, it seems to be fine. :) I have never had a problem with any of their dark chocolate and bake with it on the rare occasion I make something baked.

I just had a craptastic day. I have been sitting here thinking of all the bad for me foods I would eat if I could.:rotfl:

Anyhow, I am happy to see all the positive responses to the idea for the new challenge.

Buffy--the year long goal sounds, interesting, but I am not volunteering to deal with it.:thumbsup2 Maybe once we get going, but for now I think we should take it one month at a time and see how it goes.:)

Have a good night.:goodvibes

I have pity party moments like that (although I COULD eat the foods... I just choose not to...you CAN'T so it is harder for you). Just try hard to remember how much better you feel and how sick you were. And plan a treat night soon... an evening when you enjoy some GF indulgences...like French fries and a beer!

Good evening all!!

I love the name WISH away the Pounds. It's perfect, and thank you to everyone who has volunteered to step up and host for a month.

Pamela-I'm so glad to hear your Dad is doing so well, and the surgery was a success. Fingers crossed he continues to heal and get his strength back quickly. xoxo. And I would so love to celebrate our 50th year together at princesspalooza. The princess half has been the last weekend of our feb vacation the past few years, so it would be the first weekend of your vacation. Of course, your dd will be in college right? so it wouldn't affect her!! OMG can you believe it? and 15 min miles, you will so not be swept. And glad ds was ok. allergic reactions are so scary. When michael had his, I was so out of control, and you would have had no idea that i had any medical background. It was a little embarrassing, but I made up for it with his first seizure, totally kept it together in front of him. lol.

CC and Buffy, I got goosebumps thinking of how fun it would be if we all did a race together. I so hope it works out for you both. I plan to sit down in January and make a run/walk plan for the year.

Lisa-Thanks for all the motivational spark quotes. I need to go back and read the december article.

Rose-Congrats on your 20 miles!

Hello to everyone else!

Busy week here, and eating less than stellar, but we're pretty much out of the unhealthy leftovers, and will start the weekend off a little better. Until I start baking christmas cookies. Lots of challenges, but I have princess 2014 on the radar to help limit the amount I consume. I weigh on sat am too, so that will be a good motivator either way, if I'm up, I won't want to go any higher, and if I'm down, I want to keep on going down.

Have a great night!!

Thanks for the good thoughts for DAd. He is home and comfortable and up and about. VNA is coming in to check the drain that is sill in place. Not sure when that will be removed. Just waiting for final pathology results. Visual report and pathology while he was on the table was good with clear margins, so we are relieved.

Can you make cookies you don't like? I can't resist oatmeal cc cookies, but aren't as tempted by snicker doodles or peanut butter cookies.

I was walking back to my classroom this afternoon and I slipped on a piece of an apple and went down. I spent most of my prep period in the nurses office. My side is sore from my shoulder to my ankle (the one that was getting better from hurting it during the hurricane cleanup.) I am getting ready to get into my pj's and ice again. I am going to the workman's comp dr tomorrow afternoon. They were too busy to get me in today. I think I am okay except for my left wrist. If I move it in the wrong way it hurts a lot. At least it my left write and I do think it is just bruised but I am getting it checked out tomorrow.

WHen is the princess in 2014? I don't think I can do it with my history of bad ankle sprains ( including today's) but I can dream can't I.

Oh Dona! That is a shame! Prayers that it isn't any more than a strain! Take care of yourself.

So I was just in the kitchen and walked past my coupon binder and had a thought. Tell me if it sounds stupid.

I was thinking I could use my sales and coupon savings to pay for the race. My grocery store keeps a year long tally of savings at the bottom of the receipt. I could take that savings every trip and roll it over to a savings account. That way I'm not dipping into the household budget, I'm just redirecting left over funds.
What do you think?

That would be the ONLY way this could happen for me. I would need to give up lots of extras and use lots of coupons. With DD heading to college I couldn't justify the luxury of the Princess half without finding a way to fund it.

Evening friends! Got called to work at the last minute again today, so no time to chat this morning. And I'm currently scheduled in the same position tomorrow (with no computer access) so don't plan to hear from me tomorrow either.

DD is scheduled for a swim meet this weekend, but I don't have the schedule yet. But I think I will be doing a lot of driving....as usual.

Tried to do some Christmas shopping tonight without much luck. Left the mall after 90 minutes with one gift and one ornament (of course, we have no tree yet, so not much need for the ornament:laughing: ). Getting frustrated with myself and my lack of organization this year.

DD should be out of the locker room soon, so I will dash. TTYL........P

Oh Dona! ouch ouch :hug:

I have now subbed every day this week and the week before and the week before...! grrr Cannot wait for winter break! I was all set today to enjoy a pot of tea--was reaching for the tea kettle and the phone rang. I really need to just ignore it! Too bad I feel so guilty telling my friends "NO"--except it's just a computer! Oh, I should quit griping and be happy about the extra money. With DS1 in college and DS2 going to Europe next summer we need it!

So I really like the new challenge format idea.

I just got the exercise challenge thread updated. I love the colors. If you are working out it's a really fun thread to join. Just pick a number, any number for your goal and go for it!

I have yet to make it to the grocery store this month. :scared1: Needless to say we are eating out of the freezer! :sad2: 1 meal in a bag with an extra bag of veggies thrown in, one Costco chicken/rice meal, last night burgers, tonight Papa Murphy's pizza--I love their gourmet vegetarian. Tomorrow everybody is going their own direction so it's a fend for yourself night. Better do some planning/shopping over the weekend. It's not too crazy busy so should be doable.

Supposedly DS1 is coming home at some point tonight for his winter break. That'll be a month with him hanging out. hmmm

The last load in the dryer is almost done. Good thing because it's awfully close to my bedtime! Have a great Friday and a super weekend.

I have now subbed every day this week and the week before and the week before...! grrr Cannot wait for winter break! I was all set today to enjoy a pot of tea--was reaching for the tea kettle and the phone rang. I really need to just ignore it! Too bad I feel so guilty telling my friends "NO"--except it's just a computer! Oh, I should quit griping and be happy about the extra money. With DS1 in college and DS2 going to Europe next summer we need it!

I just got the exercise challenge thread updated. I love the colors. If you are working out it's a really fun thread to join. Just pick a number, any number for your goal and go for it!

I have yet to make it to the grocery store this month. :scared1: Needless to say we are eating out of the freezer! :sad2: 1 meal in a bag with an extra bag of veggies thrown in, one Costco chicken/rice meal, last night burgers, tonight Papa Murphy's pizza--I love their gourmet vegetarian. Tomorrow everybody is going their own direction so it's a fend for yourself night. Better do some planning/shopping over the weekend. It's not too crazy busy so should be doable.

Supposedly DS1 is coming home at some point tonight for his winter break. That'll be a month with him hanging out. hmmm

The last load in the dryer is almost done. Good thing because it's awfully close to my bedtime! Have a great Friday and a super weekend.

It is nice to have the extra money but subbing must be hard.

East coast kids get back a lot closer to Christmas but they start later than some other places. Ds2 doesn't come home until 2 weeks from now. He will go back soon after the New Year since he is working on campus.

I am moving a little slow this morning just not to jar anything. I am going in to teach my classes and then I will head to the dr's office. I need to go to the dr for work man's comp not my dr.

Off to get breakfast.

I am sorry about the fall Dona. I hope it is nothing serious.

Have you tried the tree pose(yoga) and the movements associated with it? My ankle was a mess this time last year from a really bad sprain in the spring. It was swollen most of the time and I had a lump right below the bone that never went away. I had developed some nasty tendonitis in it as well. Anyhow, I went to physical therapy and it helped, but the tree poses really helped too with strength. The other thing the therapist had me do was to stand on one foot (the one with the sore ankle) on something soft (they had a foam pad, at home I used a pillow) and play catch. I did some strength stuff too. Anyhow, I never thought I would be free of ankle pain, and it very rarely bothers me now.:hug: It was just a very slow process and I really had to be diligent about sticking with the therapy/rehab, but it was worth it. :)

Actually... Not trying to brag but I figured it out and it was actually 5.47 miles in 75 minutes, including warm up and cool down. But I will admit I was really pushing it during my run segments. Not sure I could push it that hard for 3hours.

P
Well, you might not be able to push that far today, but that's where the training comes in.:goodvibes If you can do what you can now, you can train to do the rest of it.

Running is very much like weight loss. There really are no shortcuts. It's all about the process and the training. I am confident you could train for a half marathon if that's what you decide to do. :)

My DS's first break home after he went away to school was "interesting". :) We have friends who love every minute of it and never want them to go back, and then we know people more like us who enjoy having them home and by the end are helping them pack the car and are pushing them out the door when they leave.:rotfl:

Hope everyone has a great Friday. I had a goal of 5 pounds by the end of the year (or Christmas), can't remember. Anyhow as of today only down about about 1/2 pound in the last 3 weeks, but I am good with it. It is still down and not up, so I will take it.:goodvibes

I just had a craptastic day. I have been sitting here thinking of all the bad for me foods I would eat if I could.:rotfl:

Anyhow, I am happy to see all the positive responses to the idea for the new challenge.

Sorry about the bad day, Rose. :flower3:

It is nice to see all the positive responses about the new challenge format. I really love your idea. :cool2:

It would be a lot of fun to have a big group and Kathy, Pamela would be celebrating her 50th too. princess:

Dona, I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. Sending you oodles of good thoughts and pixie dust for a quick recovery. pixiedust: I am sure that you feel very banged up today. :hug:

The Princess is usually at the end of February. It might coincide with your February break. They have a 5K for the Princess, too. You could do that and Scream Team for the half. princess: I am Scream Teaming for the folks doing the full marathon in January. I'm looking forward to that as much as my race. :teeth:

What do you think?

I think that would totally work, Buffy. That is the nice thing about a trip that is way in advance -- lots of time to save up for it. ::yes::

You could go for three hours with training. And actually have fun along the way at the race. princess:

That would be the ONLY way this could happen for me. I would need to give up lots of extras and use lots of coupons. With DD heading to college I couldn't justify the luxury of the Princess half without finding a way to fund it.

If anyone could work out the budget issues, it is you, Pamela! ::yes::

I totally get how it is hard to "justify" using family funds for a dream that is Mom's but we would do the same for any family member who wanted to do something like this so we shouldn't have any Mom guilt when it is our turn for the dream, if that is what you want to do. princess:

Linda, thanks so much for hosting the exercise thread this month! :thanks: It is so fun to see the colors changing. Sounds like busy, busy times at your house. It's amazing how people can still find things to eat even "when there is nothing good to eat in this house!" :rotfl:

Thought you all might like this about holiday stress from sparkpeople.com (of course):

pledge-v7.jpg

It came from an article called The Five Worst Things You're Doing to Yourself.

You’re not a masochist, and yet, this time of year, you could possibly pass for one. You take on more than you could possibly do and aspire to even more. You raise your standards, your expectations, and your stress levels—all in the name of good cheer and a happy holiday.

What? Does it have to be like this? We don’t think so. You can change your experience of the holidays—but you have to aware of what you’re doing first. Let’s start with five things you’re doing to yourself that are making things way harder than they have to be.

You think you should make it all from scratch. Yourself.

You’re expecting people, personalities, and relationships to change, simply because it’s the holiday season.

You’re practicing mind reading on a daily basis (and, newsflash, you’re not a mind-reader).

You’re translating love into money.

You’re treating your holiday as a marathon.

Here is a link to the whole article if you are interested. http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=the_5_worst_things_youre_doing_to_yourself

Have a great day all! :santa:

I just came home from the doctors. No breaks but sprains. My ankle and wrist are both braced. She wants me to stretch, ice etc. I have to go back next Wed.

Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Glad it's not too bad Dona. Can you get a couple of sessions of physical therapy for the ankle? Hope they don't bother you too much this weekend.

I've skimmed through the thread.

We've not done any holiday shopping. I'm not even decorating or making a traditional Christmas meal this year. Its not that I'm not in the mood. We just have a lot going on right now.

We have someone coming Sunday to view the house. I know realistically this may take some time to sell and I'm okay with that. I went frantic a few days ago but I'm okay now. :)

I love having friends visit but I'll be glad when I can get back to my routine. In about a 2 week time frame I've gained 7 pounds. YIKES!

Hoping to get back on track Sunday, best friend is going home tomorrow night.

Dona-glad nothing's broken! Hope you heal up in no time.

I am completely enjoying an evening with nobody home! It is lovely. DS2 is at an out of town basketball game. Will text him here in a bit to hear how it went. DS1 & DH went to a game at our college alma mater who is playing one of DS1's friends. He got a basketball scholarship there so my fellas are really eager to see him play! I've been relaxing but now am thinking I really should go to the grocery store. Maybe later. ;) Quiet time like this will be scare for the next several weeks!

Hope ya'll have a good weekend. :)

I just came home from the doctors. No breaks but sprains. My ankle and wrist are both braced. She wants me to stretch, ice etc. I have to go back next Wed.

Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Dona, glad to hear that nothing is broken. Sending oodles of good thoughts and pixiedust: for a speedy and painless recovery. :hug:

Evening all! Coming to you from a Manchester Monarchs hockey game! Not exactly where I would normally choose to spend a Saturday night, but I needed to support DS and his robotics team, so here I am!

Sorry I wasn't on earlier today...just a busy day with laundry, laundry, and more laundry! Plus other housework, of course. Never made it to my scrapping table either.:worried:

Oh wow! Lights just went out! Not ready for that!

Off to show enthusiasm for the game! Be back in a bit when it gets boring....like in about 10 minutes!:rotfl2: ............P

Oh Dona! ouch ouch

I have yet to make it to the grocery store this month. Needless to say we are eating out of the freezer! : 1 meal in a bag with an extra bag of veggies thrown in, one Costco chicken/rice meal, last night burgers, tonight Papa Murphy's pizza--I love their gourmet vegetarian. Tomorrow everybody is going their own direction so it's a fend for yourself night. Better do some planning/shopping over the weekend. It's not too crazy busy so should be doable.

I've been subbing every day too! Love the $$, but not the way it makes life so crazy when I am out of the house every single night too!

Enjoys your time with DS!

I am sorry about the fall Dona. I hope it is nothing serious.

Have you tried the tree pose(yoga) and the movements associated with it? My ankle was a mess this time last year from a really bad sprain in the spring. It was swollen most of the time and I had a lump right below the bone that never went away. I had developed some nasty tendonitis in it as well. Anyhow, I went to physical therapy and it helped, but the tree poses really helped too with strength. The other thing the therapist had me do was to stand on one foot (the one with the sore ankle) on something soft (they had a foam pad, at home I used a pillow) and play catch. I did some strength stuff too. Anyhow, I never thought I would be free of ankle pain, and it very rarely bothers me now.:hug: It was just a very slow process and I really had to be diligent about sticking with the therapy/rehab, but it was worth it.

Well, you might not be able to push that far today, but that's where the training comes in.If you can do what you can now, you can train to do the rest of it.

Running is very much like weight loss. There really are no shortcuts. It's all about the process and the training. I am confident you could train for a half marathon if that's what you decide to do.

My DS's first break home after he went away to school was "interesting". :) We have friends who love every minute of it and never want them to go back, and then we know people more like us who enjoy having them home and by the end are helping them pack the car and are pushing them out the door when they leave.
Hope everyone has a great Friday. I had a goal of 5 pounds by the end of the year (or Christmas), can't remember. Anyhow as of today only down about about 1/2 pound in the last 3 weeks, but I am good with it. It is still down and not up, so I will take it.

I will continue to do my run/walk thing and will ramp up to " real" training if I officially decide to do the half. Thanks for the encouragement.

Yup...down even 1/2 is way better than up! I was only down .3 this week, but considering I had ice cream nearly every night, I was pleased.:thumbsup2

Ok friends.....I had a bunch of chatter ready to post but somehow deleted it when I was trying to eliminate an overage of smilies. Oh well.

Gotta go root on the home team....because apparently I get some good sounding coupons if they win! This game just got more interesting!

First period went quickly......maybe because I was on the Dis the whole time!.......P

Beautiful Sunday morning everyone!

I hope everyone is feeling healthy today! Dona... continuing to pray for that ankle!

What's on the agenda for today? I don't have a particular plan, but it dawns on me that Christmas is in about 15 days and I have almost NOTHING bought!! I am officially in panic mode! I have never, ever, ever, ever been this disorganized and this far behind! I am the kind of person who takes pride on being done buying and wrapping by the first weekend in December sometimes! What is WRONG with me this year?? I am taking the time today to make a SOLID LIST (along with stores and coupons) and have a goal to be 90% done by Friday. Can I do it?? Wait and see!

I've been really lax on my meal planning lately... partially because I"ve been busy and partially because I just haven't made it a priority. I plan on sitting down today and planning every dinner between now and Christmas. It should make the next two weeks a little easier.

Tuesday night I am hosting a pasta supper for DD's HS swim team.... so at least I have that night's meal planned! :thumbsup2 It won't be hard and it won't be fancy, but this is what DD wants. Spaghetti and sauce (I'll make a plain marinara and a meat sauce), big tossed salad, garlic rolls, and a dessert. I have an easy "standard" dessert I usually make for this time of event (super easy ice cream cake), but it is something I have trouble resisting, so I plan to make something different this year. I'm thinking of a cookie assortment, as I have a few types of cookie dough in the freezer.... gingerbread, chocolate chip, and snickerdoodle. I can bake them up and then freeze any leftovers for Christmas day. Plus if anyone asks what they can bring, I can say cookies.

I should get outside for some exercise today, since the sun is shining, but not sure I will make it between housework, meal planning, church, etc. But I'll be on the TM bright and early tomorrow morning. Maybe today I will do some Wii yoga with DS... it will get me some exercise and a bit of fun time with DS. He will probably agree to do it if I agree to play a few Wii games with him afterwards.

Up next..... my kale and mushroom soup recipe!...................P

Kale and Mushroom soup

1/2 pound of cleaned and chopped raw kale

1.5 - 2 lbs of assorted mushrooms, cleaned and sliced (white button and baby bellas are fine)

2 - 48 oz. cartons of fat-free organic chicken stock

Dash of tumeric and garlic powder

Pam spray

Directions:

Sautee sliced mushrooms in PAM until nicely browned (do in small batches to allow them to brown and for the moisture to evaporate). Meanwhile, place the chicken stock and kale in a large stock/soup pot and bring to a boil.

Add the sauteed mushrooms to the stockpot. Turn down to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes to cook the kale through. Add a dash or two or tumeric and garlic powder. DONE!

How easy was that!??

For DH, I added two chopped links of garlic chicken sausage to the bowl.

Can it be made with vegetable stock? Sure.... and I've made it both ways, but I've got to say, I like the taste MUCH BETTER with the chicken stock.

Can you add other veggies? Sure! Next time I am sauteeing some onions along with the mushrooms. Maybe some fresh garlic too.

Where is the salt and pepper? I don't like pepper, so I don't add it, but you certainly can! The stock I used this time was store-bought and as such it had plenty of salt already, but feel free to add it to adjust for your taste.

..........................................P

Good morning all! :goodvibes

Pamela, sorry the poof fairy paid you a visit this morning -- sounds like you had a double whammy with the poof fairy and the smilie police. :lmao:

Not too much exciting going on here today except the usual get ready for the school week. :laundy: DS has choir rehearsals, a concert to give and a concert to attend so it will be busy after school every night this week. I try to stay home on Sundays -- it's a treat not to have to go to work or someplace else. :hippie:

How is the yoga on the Wii, Pamela? Of course you have to play some games, too, when you are done. It's what our teenage boys do. ;) I don't mind since I know exactly where he is and what he is doing.

I did a yoga class yesterday for the first time in a long time and it was a humbling experience. But I'll give it another go this week. :hippie:

Have a great Sunday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter