Big Apple, Boardwalk, and Beach - Bullies and Wrap-up (The End!) (pg 44)

Boardwalk at Night

We left Kidani after our meal at Sanaa, and our group split up. James wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom to get some more Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards, so he, Lauren, and I boarded a Magic Kingdom bus. Judy and Marlene were both ready to relax, so they headed back to the Boardwalk. They caught a bus to Disney Hollywood Studios and then finished the journey to the Boardwalk by boat.

When the two adventurous kids and I got to the Magic Kingdom, we got a bag check guy whose name badge said that he was from a town near where live. We told him we were from southeastern PA and talked to him briefly until he said, “Ah, you can just go, you got me all distracted.” But reader, don’t despair; I’m sure that what our security check lacked in visual inspection was made up for via personality profile assessment. (Which we passed with flying colors, obviously.)

It was just a quick stop at the Fire Hall to complete our mission for more SotMK cards, but we decided that we might as well see an attraction while we were there so we went to Monsters Inc. I always get a kick out of that show. The best line of this particular visit was, “what do you get when you cross a human and a chia pet?” And then they put the camera on a guy in the audience who had a big beard and a bushy head of hair. The crowd roared (in a laughing way, not a monster-y way, although monstery-y would’ve also been appropriate for this particular venue).

We decided to get out of the park before the parade clogged Main Street, so we left right after Monsters Inc. It was about 8:45 pm. (This may have been the only Magic Kingdom visit in history that consisted of only visiting the Fire Hall and Monsters Inc., but that’s just how we roll.) We had great bus mojo, as a Boardwalk bus pulled up right as we got to our stop.

Once we arrived at our resort we decided to walk out to the boardwalk to see what was happening. I took a couple of pictures of Lauren and James, trying some different camera settings. I think I like the first one best; the lighting is kind of harsh in the second one.

IMG_9018_zpsnzg3u03x.jpg

IMG_9019_zps9vewqovy.jpg

IllumiNations started at Epcot, and we could see some of the higher fireworks over the buildings at the Boardwalk.

IMG_9022_zpszzg3xtzh.jpg

IMG_9023_zpsj2qwflf4.jpg

IMG_9024_zpsvcfhtmvz.jpg

Lauren and James went up to the room, while I walked out front to get a picture of the Boardwalk entrance.

IMG_9026_zpsnzpww6hi.jpg

IMG_9029_zps890dksg7.jpg

I couldn’t resist taking a few pictures of the lobby on my way to the suite.

IMG_9031_zpsh8movmyp.jpg

IMG_9033_zpsvgxn1iq3.jpg

They have this model rollercoaster in the lobby, but I’d learn more about that in a couple of days, when I took the Boardwalk Ballyhoo Tour. And you will too, when I get to that chapter.

IMG_9034_zpsaipxv7gh.jpg

This elephant is over the fireplace. It’s actually a replica of Lucy the elephant, but I didn’t know that yet. More on that in the Ballyhoo Tour chapter also.

IMG_9035_zpsgvuvf8wy.jpg

And with that, I called it a night too. I was in bed by 10pm, resting up for Disney Hollywood Studios tomorrow.

Up next: DHS morning

Last edited:
I've been reading but not commenting :scared:

Creighton wants to try to SotMK in June. We had planned on doing it on our trip in Oct but both boys ended up getting hand foot and mouth the second day we were there. :(

(This may have been the only Magic Kingdom visit in history that consisted of only visiting the Fire Hall and Monsters Inc., but that’s just how we roll.) We had great bus mojo, as a Boardwalk bus pulled up right as we got to our stop.
Actually, it seems like a great evening. I love MK enough that it is worth visiting even if just to get a quick taste of the evening atmosphere on MS. You at least did a couple of things while you were there!

Great pictures of the Boardwalk! Can't wait to read about the tour! I am sad I didn't take more pictures during our stay there.

When the two adventurous kids and I got to the Magic Kingdom, we got a bag check guy whose name badge said that he was from a town near where live. We told him we were from southeastern PA and talked to him briefly until he said, “Ah, you can just go, you got me all distracted.” But reader, don’t despair; I’m sure that what our security check lacked in visual inspection was made up for via personality profile assessment. (Which we passed with flying colors, obviously.)

I'm with you. It's too early to call it a night and Magic Kingdom is my favorite park. I'm glad your outstanding character helped you by pass the bag check.

It was just a quick stop at the Fire Hall to complete our mission for more SotMK cards, but we decided that we might as well see an attraction while we were there so we went to Monsters Inc. I always get a kick out of that show.

It's always just one more attraction. Gotta say we really like Monsters Inc too.

We had great bus mojo, as a Boardwalk bus pulled up right as we got to our stop.

Lucky duck!

I think I like the first one best; the lighting is kind of harsh in the second one.

I agree.

IllumiNations started at Epcot, and we could see some of the higher fireworks over the buildings at the Boardwalk.

Wow, this looks so cool!

It's a beautiful lobby!

They have this model rollercoaster in the lobby, but I’d learn more about that in a couple of days, when I took the Boardwalk Ballyhoo Tour. And you will too, when I get to that chapter.

I'm looking forward to this.

And then you proceeded to lug your bazooka down Main Street.

The best line of this particular visit was, “what do you get when you cross a human and a chia pet?” And then they put the camera on a guy in the audience who had a big beard and a bushy head of hair. The crowd roared (in a laughing way, not a monster-y way, although monstery-y would’ve also been appropriate for this particular venue).

I didn't even see the guy, and I think that's hilarious! :rotfl2:

(This may have been the only Magic Kingdom visit in history that consisted of only visiting the Fire Hall and Monsters Inc., but that’s just how we roll.)

Well, there's an achievement for you. I'm going to go ahead and confirm that one even though I have no statistics on this whatsoever.

I think I like the first one best; the lighting is kind of harsh in the second one.

I agree.

Good timing there.

I can't blame you.

This elephant is over the fireplace. It’s actually a replica of Lucy the elephant, but I didn’t know that yet. More on that in the Ballyhoo Tour chapter also.

So this chapter is basically a commercial for an upcoming chapter. Gotcha.

I also agree the first is better !! I have to wait till December to go again. I wanted to go at Chritsmas again and Carol has never been at that time of year !! Already I have 2 individuals who are definitely going with us !!

I also agree the first is better !! I have to wait till December to go again. I wanted to go at Chritsmas again and Carol has never been at that time of year !! Already I have 2 individuals who are definitely going with us !!

How fun! That will be so magical for your clients. I just learned that my cousin in MN , who lives in a similar home gets to go on trips with his care givers. So happy there are caring people like you to bless these special lives.

James wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom to get some more Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards, so he, Lauren, and I boarded a Magic Kingdom bus

This became a common theme on our trip too, as I get further on. (I admit, it's kinda addictive.)

I’m sure that what our security check lacked in visual inspection was made up for via personality profile assessment

As if I wasn't concerned before! ;)

but we decided that we might as well see an attraction while we were there

Were you even considering NOT...?

We had great bus mojo, as a Boardwalk bus pulled up right as we got to our stop.

:banana:

Totally agree. I think even the lighting on the kids' faces is better in #2 as well. Just softer all around.

That view....! :lovestruc

the Boardwalk Ballyhoo Tour.

How did I not know about this?! I"m actually REALLY looking forward to this chapter!

I said it on my TR as well, but CONGRATULATIONS to Lauren on her wedding! Everyone looked so happy in your lovely pictures. I look forward to a future report featuring Lauren introducing her new husband to Disney World! (Also, I love that she wore bridal ears at her rehearsal - I did the same thing! ;) )

Animal Kingdom is warm during the cooler parts of the year - it must be downright steamy in the summer! Still, it looks like you all had a wonderful day.

I'm glad you enjoyed your second experience at Sanaa! Anika and I visited during the graduation celebration trip and really enjoyed it. We especially loved the bread service! I'm glad your server was awesome and even gave you the Tables in Wonderland discount without your card - it's great to have a magical moment! :goodvibes

How fun! That will be so magical for your clients. I just learned that my cousin in MN , who lives in a similar home gets to go on trips with his care givers. So happy there are caring people like you to bless these special lives.

Thank you Glenn, but really it is we who are lucky, we get freetrips to Disney and meet some extroadinary people , sometimes I think they have a much better outlook on everything than the so called normal people . I think Marv and Pt would agree with me !!! :flower3::cloud9:

Sorry Glenn I meant Magic for 2 not you !! But I totally missed that Lau

ren got married , so Congrats to you and your newly weeds !!

Sorry people, I've been super-busy. Quarter-end business reporting takes precedence, unfortunately. I'll try to knock out a couple of replies and will have to come back for the rest.

I've been reading but not commenting :scared:

Thanks for breaking that habit!

Creighton wants to try to SotMK in June. We had planned on doing it on our trip in Oct but both boys ended up getting hand foot and mouth the second day we were there. :(

Yikes! Yeah, you hear stories of people getting some nasty ailments at Disney. I guess it's kind of like a cruise ship...so many people, so many germs.

I hope Creighton gets a chance to try playing it soon.

Actually, it seems like a great evening. I love MK enough that it is worth visiting even if just to get a quick taste of the evening atmosphere on MS. You at least did a couple of things while you were there!

It is a bit of a change of pace from hitting a park with the intention of hitting all of your must-do's. We only had one thing on the agenda, and anything else was gravy!

Great pictures of the Boardwalk! Can't wait to read about the tour! I am sad I didn't take more pictures during our stay there.

I think this is your first post here cinderaimee, so :welcome: The bad (or maybe good) news is that in reviews like the upcoming tour chapter (not the next chapter, by the way, it's a couple of days away in the trip), I tend to share too many details. But the good (or maybe bad) news is that it was so long ago, I may not remember any!! :laughing:

I'm with you. It's too early to call it a night and Magic Kingdom is my favorite park. I'm glad your outstanding character helped you by pass the bag check.

It was too early to call it a night, but most of my peeps were tuckered out. We had put in a long day, with no real break other than sitting in the Kidani lobby...so I've gotta give 'em that.

It's always just one more attraction. Gotta say we really like Monsters Inc too.

Me too. I mean, it's not an attraction that you turn around and go back into right after leaving, but I like seeing it at least once a trip.

Lucky duck!

I've got good mojo.

All right, confirmation.

Wow, this looks so cool!

One of the benefits of staying at an Epcot-area resort.

It's a beautiful lobby!

Right you are!

I'm looking forward to this.

Unfortunately it's another day or so away in trip-time, so who knows how long that'll take in Glennbo trip reporting time?!

And then you proceeded to lug your bazooka down Main Street.

Yeah, but under my t-shirt so it wasn't obvious.

I didn't even see the guy, and I think that's hilarious! :rotfl2:

It was quite amusing! I imagine the cast members who're scanning the crowd as people are entering and they're picking out their "that guy" and people who may fit other jokes like the one I described or maybe some others that are in their arsenal. Sounds like an awesome job!

Well, there's an achievement for you. I'm going to go ahead and confirm that one even though I have no statistics on this whatsoever.

Thank you. You should get a job with the Guinness Book of World Records. You're tough to convince.

More confirmation! Thanks.

Good timing there.

Yep. Hear explosions, turn around, photograph fireworks.

I can't blame you.

Thank you.

So this chapter is basically a commercial for an upcoming chapter. Gotcha.

Yeah, pretty much. Kinda like Walt Disney televising the construction of Disneyland, leading up to its opening day. Hopefully the payoff will be just as good.

It was too early to call it a night, but most of my peeps were tuckered out. We had put in a long day, with no real break other than sitting in the Kidani lobby...so I've gotta give 'em that.

I'm glad you kept going.

Me too. I mean, it's not an attraction that you turn around and go back into right after leaving, but I like seeing it at least once a trip.

Agreed, but we do like to do it once a trip.

I've got good mojo.

I need some of your mojo next month.

One of the benefits of staying at an Epcot-area resort.

Excellent benefit.

Unfortunately it's another day or so away in trip-time, so who knows how long that'll take in Glennbo trip reporting time?!

You're such a tease. I understand about taking awhile since I'm guilty of that too.

Thank you Glenn, but really it is we who are lucky, we get freetrips to Disney and meet some extroadinary people , sometimes I think they have a much better outlook on everything than the so called normal people . I think Marv and Pt would agree with me !!! :flower3::cloud9:

I can see how it would be nice for them, keeping life simple and taking joy in the small things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter