Biergarten

lorimay

Strolling along...
First time for us......

It is now a family style restaurant instead of buffet, which we are fine with these days, I like family style better than the buffets.

Started with pretzel bread, came with a sweet tangy mustard dip and a regular mustard, its pretzel bread so of course its good.
Next she brought out the cold salads macaroni, potato and a tomato cucumber, these were all excellent.
My husband ordered the beer flight, I can't remember what they were, one was Beck's and there was a grapefruit too.
She brought out the main course: green beans, Mac and cheese, chicken schnitzel , 2 different sausages, potatoes, 2 different sauerkrauts, rotisserie chicken, meatballs & spaetzle.

I am not a sausage eater, but my husband said they were good.
I was looking forward to the schnitzel, well I was disappointed to say the least. Schnitzel is usually very thinly sliced, this was thicker, cut in half pieces of chicken breast. It tasted exactly like the Perdue chicken nuggets my grandson eats. It was not crispy at all, tasted frozen. Just not good.
The rotisserie chicken was good as were the potatoes and green beans. Mac and cheese was nothing special, just the regular mac and cheese they serve on most kids menu throughout Disney.
The meatballs were pretty good, the spaetzle was bland, but with the sauce from the meatballs it was better.

Dessert was apple strudel , a cheesecake, chocolate chip cookies and a chocolate Black Forest cake.
The icing on the strudel was very watery, apples were a little hard. Cookies were good, cheesecake was good there was a strawberry compote to go with it, that was good.
The Black Forest cake was good too.

The show was really good, we enjoyed it a lot.
Don't think we would come back to this one, but it was fun to try.

Attachments

• 4887BE1E-2439-484F-AA50-0E8E08212D91.jpeg
    4887BE1E-2439-484F-AA50-0E8E08212D91.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 114
  • ABA08247-CD46-44CF-BB36-9DDC8EAF0D3C.jpeg
    ABA08247-CD46-44CF-BB36-9DDC8EAF0D3C.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 114
  • CB889E06-497C-49BF-A119-6E8C9A685A78.jpeg
    CB889E06-497C-49BF-A119-6E8C9A685A78.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 110
  • B6DA0C72-1451-42AB-BC2B-AA39541C7707.jpeg
    B6DA0C72-1451-42AB-BC2B-AA39541C7707.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 108
  • E612FFE7-B543-4C55-AAFF-379530043CB7.jpeg
    E612FFE7-B543-4C55-AAFF-379530043CB7.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Thanks for your review! We’ve never been but were contemplating-DH loves German food and music :)

So they had something more special in the past?
Maybe when life goes back to normal they will switch it back again.
Yeah Typically it’s nudelgratin, which is also served (or used to be) at Sommerfest the QS right next door. It’s a baked noodle dish with a light custardy cheese base and a thick layer of browned cheese on top. Cheeses are typically Swiss and white cheddar. It’s so good!

They had the special mac and cheese in October... I wonder if it's a recent change?

I love Biergarten and have been going for years including this past October.

I wouldnt let one experience off put you forever.

It is still called nudel gratin on the menu. We had it last August. Going to look for other recent reviews because that is a dealbreaker!

Quick question - so as a family style restaurant, do they bring extras of requested items? My son is a fairly picky eater, but there are things on the menu he likes. When it was a buffet he could fill himself up on the items that he does like. Will they bring him more of the items he requests?

Quick question - so as a family style restaurant, do they bring extras of requested items? My son is a fairly picky eater, but there are things on the menu he likes. When it was a buffet he could fill himself up on the items that he does like. Will they bring him more of the items he requests?
Yes, like LTT, they will bring extra of anything you want.

Yes, like LTT, they will bring extra of anything you want.

We were the same, Biergarten was a one and done for us, but glad we experienced it. There just wasn't enough that my husband and kids would eat to justify the cost - and this was back when it was still a buffet, so more choices. I can't see paying the per person price when my kids mostly ate fruit and bread and my husband mostly drank beer :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter