beware at the doubletree dd

jtucker33

Earning My Ears
the housekeeping staff there has sticky fingers. The most important thing we lost during the week was a stuffed tiger bought for my 3 year old daughter. the managment told me, sorry, nothing we can do. it was picked up by someone in housekeeping, apparently mixed in with the sheets.
i've looked in vain for the animal kingdom tiger online and at disney stores, if you know where to find one, please let me know. my daughter asks about her tiger everytime she sees a vacation photo or video. thanks...
jtucker33@peoplepc.com

Call WDW guest merchandising, explain what happened, the they may be able to hook you up. You won't find the AK merchandise in the Disney Stores. It is pretty exclusive the AK park. I sent you an email!

Thanks for the warning, and I hope that you can find a similar tiger for her!

jtucker33,

I'm sorry that you lost your Tigger :(. I just wanted to point out that this particular problem is not exclusive to the Doubletree. It is also not a case of "sticky fingers". I have heard of many instances where children's loveys are left on the bed and wrapped up in the sheets and accidentally taken away. I make sure that my DD's blankie and toys are not left on the bed when we go out for the day.

bump..:)

I hope that you take Jasmine's advice... she is right, AK merchandise is exclusive to AK, so you won't be able to find it in TDS. If anyone has the number, could you give it to jtucker?

You can call Merchandise Guest Services at 407/363-6200 and describe the tiger to them and tell them where you bought it. At least tell them that you bought it at the AK. They should be able to find one for you. Hope this helps!

I'm heading there in two weeks. If you don't have any luck with WDW Merchandise, and you trust me enough, I don't mind picking one up for you. You can let me know at Disney5@msn.com.

Good luck!

Wow, what a response. Thanks to all of you sympathetic parents out there. I just got off the phone with guest merchandise, explained the situation and they found one. In fact, they even waived the shipping costs. Sure the Tiger cost me double the price (having to buy it twice) but it'll be worth it when I see my daughter's face when the package arrived.
Thanks so much.
And a warning, no matter where you stay, at any hotel from now on, take anything off the bed you want to keep before you leave the room for the day. This is a lesson learned, not just for trips to DisneyWorld either.

Jamey
(happy dad)

My daughter also lost a beloved "pet" when we stayed at Sheraton Vistana Villages in April - it had to be wrapped up in the linen as well. It was a beanie baby dog, brown and tan. I don't know if it's retired or not, but I have not found another. She's still sad about it. I guess we'll know next vacation to remove all "lovables" before housekeeping can make up the bed, it's so easy for these things to happen unintentionally.

I'm glad you were able to find another Tiger for your daughter.

Lorix2...if you tell me the name of the Beanie baby that your DD lost, I would be happy to send you a replacement! :)

:)

OMIGOODNESS! Beanie - I will email you - thank you!!! That is so thoughtful of you. She would be SO thrilled to have him with her again!

Beanie - you really made my day :) My DD will be so happy, when I posted, I never imagined this random act of kindness - but I guess I shouldn't be surprised within this DIS family/community here ;) ...I promise to "pay it forward".

I'll let you know when she gets it :Pinkbounc

You have a good day yourself :cool:

Just kinda surfing around the DIS tonight looking for nothing in particular when I came across this thread. I just want to say this thread reminds me why I love Disney and the DIS so much. You guys are all so great!!!

Liz,
I was thinking the same thing. I had tears in my eyes!
The DH doesn't understand it, but I do. You are right. It is just like having a wonderful group of friends who look out for one another, and it is all thanks to Disney:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter