Best Quick Service for a Foodie

kenshinelite

Wannabe Imagineer
I am going down Dec 14-21 originally it was going to be a solo trip. However my cousin wanted to go(hasn't been since he was 9 he's an young adult now). He is a starving college student so I told him you cover your tickets, his food, plus half the gas and you can. Since my room already had 2 beds seemed a waste not to use it.

The big question is I'm a foodie Everytime I go to Disney I try to hit up many table service and high end places. My cousin however is not but even more restricting is he has a small budget. How do I satisfy us both without just eating different places. Are there places or things I should consider were I can get my foodie on and still be cheaper for him.

Thanks!

If the issue is just price and not adventurous eating maybe Tangierine Cafe, Satuli Canteen, Harambe Market, those waffle sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow, Boulangerie Patisserie, Sunshine Seasons. No real interesting QS at DHS. If he's a burger fries and nuggets kind of guy, you can always hit two different spots, especially at Epcot.

Morimoto Street Food at DS
The Taco Window at Frontera Cocina at DS
Tangierine Cafe in Morocco at EPCOT
Les Halles in France at EPCOT
Katsura Grill in Japan at EPCOT
Satul'i Canteen at AK

Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs is honestly pretty delicious.

Woody's Lunchbox at HS has been getting pretty good reviews.

It's not a qs but what about Trails End? The breakfast and or dinner are so reasonable for all you can eat. If you have the Disney Visa - you get 10% off. Trail's End breakfast will keep you full over lunch.

I forgot to add we will be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. So far great suggestions

What do you all think of the "foodie" quick service options at POR and POFQ since he's staying there?

How far of a drive is it for you? Perhaps you could pay for the gas too, since you were going already. This way your cousin could enjoy more without worrying about food expense. Perhaps a table service with you as well.
That’s what I would do, but I’m me & you are you!

I have enjoyed the QS at every Disney resort where we’ve stayed. POR’s is very good, and a walk or boat ride over to POFQ’s QS is worthwhile if you want to try some New Orleans recipes like jambalaya or beignets. :)

I am just going to add a vote for the Satu'li Canteen in Animal Kingdom. I really do think its the best counter service in all of Disney. And since your staying at French Quarter you should look at places in Disney Springs. As a rule they are more affordable than Disney resorts or parks.

Satuli Canteen. The festival food kiosks at Epcot. Contempo Cafe.

How do the food kiosks compare in terms of price and amount to regular QS meals? We’ll be there this fall, and I’ve read in several places about maximizing the dining plan there because the kiosk offerings are usually more expensive than the typical snacks in WDW. We’re not on the dining plan, so no snack credits to burn. I’d like to try some, but not if they’ll end up being more costly than going to regular counter service.

We sort of consider ourselves to be "foodies" and always do TS/signature when we go and generally stay away from QS (had some really awful stuff at QS in the past). So when we went with friends a couple of years ago and they wanted to do QS I wasn't totally thrilled but we went to the Sunshine Seasons in Epcot where I had a surprisingly good chicken caesar. I would probably not be averse to going there again. I have also had great salads at Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs. I haven't eaten at Harambe Market, just had a sangria there but the food looked and smelled good and the sangria was one of the better ones I've had. So I guess there are options, you just have to be selective. I will be putting some of the other suggestions on my list in this thread for our next visit(s). Normally we eat a late TS breakfast but we are going during the Christmas holidays and we expect to be up early for RD (ugh) and that doesn't generally leave time for TS so we'll either be doing QS breakfast or early QS lunch with late dining TS options so these suggestions are very helpful. (I do know that you can get the awesome ribs at the Morimoto QS window so although we've not been to the counter, just TS there, I definitely recommend it).

Morimoto Street Food at DS..............they also have $10 small plates at the main Morimoto restaurant after 10 pm

Les Halles / Boulngerie Patiserrie in France at EPCOT.......get a pastry and a sandwich or soup....one of my absolute favorites

Katsura Grill in Japan at EPCOT....love this place!

Satul'i Canteen at AK

Flame Tree BBQ in AK

Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs .....this is a long time favorite of ours.

Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge ...outdoor lounge at The Brown Derby...still a little pricey for quick service in my opinion but its worth a look

Id check out all the menus online as well :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter