Best Quick Service for a Foodie

Is the holiday festival food pretty awesome? In comparison to spring and fall how would you rate it better, the same or worse than those?
I've been to those food kiosks in spring and fall, but haven't been during the holiday kiosk season since they started having those kiosks, so I don't know.

How do the food kiosks compare in terms of price and amount to regular QS meals? We’ll be there this fall, and I’ve read in several places about maximizing the dining plan there because the kiosk offerings are usually more expensive than the typical snacks in WDW. We’re not on the dining plan, so no snack credits to burn. I’d like to try some, but not if they’ll end up being more costly than going to regular counter service.

Amounts are a little smaller, prices on each item are a little smaller, you may end up spending more if you get a lot of items. I haven't used a dining plan.

Sometimes we like to go to the table service places and order 2 or 3 appetizers for the 2 of us to share. Check out the menu for Jiko and California Grill. They both have some flatbreads that are reasonably priced. Also, i have read many many many people post that the bread service at Sanaa is amazing! For $16 you could probably share it

Satuli is great and so is the Harambe Market - it has some unique stuff. Epcot kiosks will be your friend and make sure to check out the menus ahead of time.

Another idea is sharing an entree at a table service place. Usually the servings are much more than I need and we tend to eat smaller meals at Disney because I hate to feel really full of heavy food and then have to walk a lot and ride stuff

This thread is making me hungry!

the biggest issue with Woody's Lunchbox is that it is not a restaurant. it's basically a kiosk and is located outdoors, apparenly with no AC and no shade. Of course it just opened a couple of weeks ago so i have no idea how the food is.

Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs is honestly pretty delicious. .

I agree and they have such a nice selection of salads (chinese chicken salad my fave), flat breads, sandwiches, entrees (love, love the bacon wrapped meatloaf w/ port wine sauce). You would have a variety of price points and cuisines.

I enjoy Tangerine Cafe, Satuli's Canteen, Les Halles.

Satuli Canteen is by far my fave in all of WDW. The food there is fresh, healthy, and delicious. I highly recommend it.
I'd also check out Les Halles in France. While at Disney Springs i'd recommend either Wolfgang Puck Express and dare I say Earl of Sandwich. Two different experiences here. EoS is obviously cheaper because they offer sandwiches. Its good for people on a budget. WGPE has restaurant quality food as a QS....so you order at the counter, then take a seat. They bring you the food. BTW the food is soooooooo good. :cloud9:

How far of a drive is it for you? Perhaps you could pay for the gas too, since you were going already. This way your cousin could enjoy more without worrying about food expense. Perhaps a table service with you as well.
That’s what I would do, but I’m me & you are you!
I agree with this. Since your young cousin is on a budget and you were going to disney anyway, if it were me i'd cover the cost of the gas (that way he has more money to spend on food). Its a win for you both that way you dont have to stress if he has enough money for food or not. But again, thats just me. :)

Katsura Grill in Japan at EPCOT
Satul'i Canteen at AK
Polite Pig in DS
Not really foodie, but MK Pinocchio has good flat breads, and Pecos Bill has improved their food in the last few years.
No real good choices for HS.

Polite Pig
Wolfgang Puck Express - larger lunch entrees could be shared
Brown Derby - lunch of signature Cobb Salad plus dessert sampler including signature Grapefruit Cake

Morimoto Street Food at DS
The Taco Window at Frontera Cocina at DS
Tangierine Cafe in Morocco at EPCOT
Les Halles in France at EPCOT
Katsura Grill in Japan at EPCOT
Satul'i Canteen at AK

I am honestly not a big fan of the CS places, and often have a hard time using QS credits when on the DDP. I do agree with the above- the ribs at Morimoto Street Food are the same as served in the main dining room and are fantastic.I really enjoy Katsura and Satuli as well. With the exception of Morimoto, I probably wouldn't consider any of these as great, but they are certainly better than most. My daughter likes Les Halles for a snack, but I can't say it's all that much better than Au Bon Pain.

We are now fans of the Polite Pig. Everything we had there was wonderful, huge portions and a nice selection of sides; something for everyone.

Bongos used to have a window where they'd sell empanadas outside, better than waiting around inside. Don't know if they still have it.
They do. The Cuban sandwiches from the express outside are also really good. The whole express menu is online. They have an outside bar as well that serves mojitos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter