Best locking pin backs

Harters2WDW

DIS Veteran
So, what are the best locking pin backs and where do I find them? My DD was dropping pins right and left -- not her fault, they kept falling off! TIA!!

Disney sells locking pin backs at most locations that sell pins. They generally seem to work pretty well, but you have to re-tighten them occasionally. I've used them to keep pins on my bag and I only lost one pin (but in hindsight I knew the screw was lose and should have fixed it before getting on the ride). They come with a little allen wrench and you'll need that to tighten (or loosen the pin).

The only major drawback to these are that they can hurt when you wear the pins. They're about 1/4" (or so) in length and metal. I've read reports where they can really dig in if you're wearing a lanyard.

Here is what they look like:
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=30448

I'm a new poster (long time lurker here!). I purchased some locking type backs on Ebay from this seller (seller name: disneypatriot), and so far I'm very pleased. They were a lot cheaper than the ones sold at Disney and don't require tools. My hubby told me you can buy locking backs at military supply/Army-Navy stores too.

I bought my locking pinbacks from ebay seller Disneypatriot too.. he ships fast and the pinbacks are amazing...i can shake, rattle and roll and nothing comes off..no kidding

I see it mentioned that some of the locking backs poke through the lanyards and hurt. Is this true for all locking backs? The ones purchased on eBay? Thanks.

I see it mentioned that some of the locking backs poke through the lanyards and hurt. Is this true for all locking backs? The ones purchased on eBay? Thanks.

It probably depends on the type of pin back and what they look like. The ones that Disney sells are cylindrical in shape. That shape makes them uncomfortable if they jab into you.

Looking at the locking backs sold on ebay by the recommended seller, I would guess they hurt less because the top looks larger and flatter. I've had some backs that looked similar. I think they won't rub and be quite as painful as the Disney ones, but I do think you'll still feel them. They're still a solid/hard object.

Overall, I doubt there are any locking backs that wouldn't be painful if you bump into something and the lanyard presses up against your chest.

I use the ones from Disney and have never had them poke into me and hurt me. I'm sure it can happen but it has not happened to me. they work great and are secure.

The ones from Disney work, but they're tiresome to install and you need the little tool.

The ones from disneypatriot are awesome - I highly recommend.

However, sometimes I find even those prices to be a bit high, so I'll just go to the local Army/Navy store, where they have bulk pin backings for .10 each. They're not as nice, but they still lock and don't require tools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter