Best DCL Souvenir

I thought of another one....on our first cruise it was hot, so I bought all t-shirts. That following winter we went to Disneyland, and I was sorry I hadn't bought a DCL sweatshirt to wear to the parks.
So on our second cruise I bought a pull-over & a zippered DCL sweatshirt to proudly wear all winter long!!!

Originally posted by sitchu2
My very favorite souvineer is the sailor mickey and sailor minnie plush that I bought for my daughter. Each was a surprise waiting for her on her pillow on seperate cruises. Now they sit together on her pillow , and every day when I make her bed they bring a smile to my face as I think to myself:"see ya real soon"!!!!!:crazy:

I have these, too! And I use them for my special pins I got on 2 cruises.....now, if they'd just get some other characters in the larger size!

My DH and I went on the Wonder for our honeymoon in June 2000(4 day cruise.) ,and we dropped some coin on a matted picture that comemorated the Wonder's inagural voyage. It was a limited edition piece with metal nutical disney characters placed around the matting in a beautiful frame. We look at it everyday and count down to when we can take our little 2 year old DS on his first Disney cruise. This time we will be crusin' for 7 days! :earsgirl: :earboy2: (my son) :earsboy:

I'm probably too late with this, but the best souvenier we have is a replica of the boat, signed by the captain I love it and it makes me wish I could go back every time I see it!!

Originally posted by justmestace
I think I bought one of everything, but the one that I like the most is my Mickey Wish Pearl necklace.
The casing for the pearl is Mickey's head, and you never know what color the pearl will be. Mine is cream, DD's was a gorgeous lavender!
Everytime I go to Disneyland, I have people stop me and ask where I got it. Even the CM's, since they don't sell them at DL!!
And I LOVE telling them that I got it on the Disney cruise!!!

Pearl necklace is now topping my list. I got the "Tiffany" Mickey necklace and braclet at Disneyland and love them. I am sure I will love the pearl necklace, too.

Thanks, Renee

Can you post a picture of the Mickey pearl necklace. I would love to see what it looks like.

Mickey Pearl Necklace? Wow, just the thing for DH to buy me for our Pearl Anniv on the ship next March. Thanks for the info! Nat:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by DizneyDogs
Can you post a picture of the Mickey pearl necklace. I would love to see what it looks like.

I've been trying to get my pictures on a website....I had pictures on the Community photo board here, but they're having some technical difficulties...... I will work on getting a photo put up somewhere...or, if you PM me your e-mail address, I can send it to you in an e-mail!
Stacey

Limited Edition pins that I collect with my DS - we collect only DCL pins b/c they are so exclusive - Everytime we cruise, I buy a bunch to add to his pin album....we really enjoy looking at them....unfortunately, the Artist Choice pins sell out so fast

Originally posted by bernee
Pearl necklace is now topping my list. I got the "Tiffany" Mickey necklace and braclet at Disneyland and love them.

I have wanted a Tiffany bracelet for a long time but now I want a Mickey one!! I don't remember seeing one at Disneyland in March (perhaps I was too focused looking for watches!). I'll have to see if I can find one at WDW.

Do they have nice DCL watches? I try to collect (actually "try" is the wrong word...I'm very good at collecting) watches. I have mostly limited editions but some that I just like. My biggest disappointment, watch-wise, was that they didn't have any Disneyland Paris watches when I went. I still have enough Disney watches to wear one a day for over a month and not repeat.

Mine is an autographed captain's hat autographed by Captain Tom. Picked it up at the on-board auction.

The Magnets ... My frige is a constant reminder of where we went!

Love our magnets too! - reminders of everywhere we have traveled. :goodvibes Bought quite a few items but favs are the picture
frame and the dated Christmas ornament which I actually leave out
all year. It's sitting out on the shelf on our computer desk. I liked it
so much I didn't want to put it away. Great reminders of great
memories:)

I think I bought one of everything, but the one that I like the most is my Mickey Wish Pearl necklace.
The casing for the pearl is Mickey's head, and you never know what color the pearl will be. Mine is cream, DD's was a gorgeous lavender!

Is this a "Pick a Pearl" or just a necklace with a pearl in it - it sounds beautiful!! Do you have a picture you could post??

Everytime I go to Disneyland, I have people stop me and ask where I got it. Even the CM's, since they don't sell them at DL!!
And I LOVE telling them that I got it on the Disney cruise!!!

Love this. Where can I find this necklace in the shops? Where the watches are sold?
Thanks for sharing this, I tought that the jewelery was costing a lot of $$ on the ship.

My favorite souvenir is a 14kt gold charm of the Wonder. Disney Wonder is engraved on the bottom. It was a gift from our DS1 and his wife.

Our favorite souvenirs were;
For our son; his DCL nautically dressed Mickey, Minnie, Chip & Dale - we surprised him with them on his bed!!! We also got him the kids' Bon Voyage gift with the ship nightlight, signature pillow (that we had all of the characters sign with permanent fabric markers!!! Squeeeee!!!), and a stuffy Pluto. He still has all of them lined up on his bed next to the ship pillow that we got from the P.V. Pirate sail!
For me; the magnets - like many of you, my fridge is full of memories of places that we & our friends have visited! Small, compact, usually inexpensive & really cute! We especially love the ones that we got in our FE that were handmade! :love:
For my hubby; He loved the feeling of relaxation from being able to spend some time in the spa! He's a massage therapist & rarely has anyone work on him! Plus the excitement of knowing that we have already booked our next cruise!!! :banana:

Mine is silver.....I don't remember if they had gold.....and the setting came with the Wish Pearl. They had other "regular" settings, without Mickey. I want to say it was around $29.95 ...??..I don't remember exactly, but it wasn't very expensive, in my opinion. Especially considering how special it is!

This sounds lovely!! Do you have a picture? Where on the ship did you purchase it?

Thank you!!

Don't know if you noticed that the original thread here is from 2004, so you may not get answers on some of the questions.

Great idea for a thread though, maybe someone should start a new one?

My son wears his DCL sweatshirt everywhere and my girls LOVE their "Baby" Buzz and "Baby" Pluto !!

I didn't buy anything for myself, though I wish I had purchased the photo of my DH and I from our dinner at Palo..... I also really like the D&B wristlets, so if they have those when we go back, I may get one of those!

My wife got a Swarovski crystal denim jacket with a huge hidden mickey on the back. I always get a fleece or a few shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter