Best DCL Souvenir

My favorite souvenir was the Christopher Radko version of the ship. The captain signed them the last night of the cruise.

The cheapest souvenir - my DD bought 2 extra stamps at CC, and put them in her autograph book. The postmaster "cancelled" them. Each stamp has a picture of the ship.

Happy shopping!

Originally posted by goofyguy1958
My best souvenir is, hands down, that my 4-year-old son has come up to me each and everyday (some days multiple times) and said - at this point he has the big eyed sincere look only a 4-year-old can give - "Daddy, thank you very much for taking us on the Disney cruise." It melts my heart and makes every penny we paid the best investment I have ever made.:D

Agreed -- You did get the best souvenir ever!:D

Originally posted by clh2
My favorite souvenir was the Christopher Radko version of the ship. The captain signed them the last night of the cruise.

The cheapest souvenir - my DD bought 2 extra stamps at CC, and put them in her autograph book. The postmaster "cancelled" them. Each stamp has a picture of the ship.

Happy shopping!

Love the stamp idea. Definitely doing that one. Also, Christmas ornament and model of the ship both sound like winners. Better start saving $ now. Just under 5 months to go... (11/6 - Western)

Thanks,
Renee

Clearance Section!

Last Cruise I picked up a Tote Bag. Mind you it said 2003 but we were on the Wonder that year! While on the Wonder they had this Metal thingy with 4 magnets on it. It made for great teacher gift too!

Then of course there are the Pins!

The best part, no tax!

Scratch
pirate:

My favorite is also the christmas ornament with the year on it, cost around $15. But, I am buying the clock($35-40) in August. I've regretted not buying it for 1 year now and soon it will have a place of honor on my living room wall unit!! Each room has this clock in it and they sell them in the gift shop.

Best advise...buy what you want, because if you don't it will cost you the item price plus another cruise...okay don't buy one item, gives you another reasons to rebook.

Happy Sailing!!

My favorite sourveniers really didn't cost much at all.

I bought the fridge magnets from Castaway Cay.

My most favorite though is my Mickey antenna head from the cruise ship where Mickey is wearing the captain's hat. I like this one because it is not one you see often (actually I haven't seen any others is the past year.) Everytime I am in my car, I look at it and think of the cruise.

I guess both of my gifts were under $10 ea, can't beat that! We decided (more like couldn't decide on which pictures to get from Shutters) so again we decided to buy all of the pictures, that cost a pretty penny!

I did buy a sweatshirt, but the above cheapo gifts are my fav's...

The Magnets ... My frige is a constant reminder of where we went!

My pictures and my daily "notes" ... Have a wall in living room with a lot of photos hung to see each day. The "notes" are funny or memorable things that happened each day of the cruise.

Funny no one's mentioned the best thing we ALL brought home.
"THE MEMORIES, SILLY!" Everyone has some and we can bring them to the surface anytime we want to.

My favorite souvenir was free, it is the little white slip of paper that has the date and cabin number for our next cruise!!:tongue:

I think I bought one of everything, but the one that I like the most is my Mickey Wish Pearl necklace.
The casing for the pearl is Mickey's head, and you never know what color the pearl will be. Mine is cream, DD's was a gorgeous lavender!
Everytime I go to Disneyland, I have people stop me and ask where I got it. Even the CM's, since they don't sell them at DL!!
And I LOVE telling them that I got it on the Disney cruise!!!

OOOooooooo Mickey Pearl....How much is the setting? Do they come in Silver?

I have to do this...Gotta budget more money$$$$:p

My favorite souvineer is a DCL beach towel...I have several and always try to get one that has the year on it.

We use these for our shower towels...so everyday I am reminded of DCL and all the great memories we shared onboard!!!

MJ

umm....our best DCL souvnier will be the one that is arriving in late Jan/early Feb!!
We conceived on our cruise in May!! :)

Lillygator: We also brought home a DCL souvenir!! When we saw the DCL commercial of the little girl in the elevator telling everyong about their "little souvenir", my first thought was - "They made this commercial for us!"

DS loves the DCL t-shirts that we bought him on the cruise.

I'm trying to plan a budget for our cruise and these are the souvenirs that I plan to buy on our next cruise: DCL beach towel, scrapbooking album and paper pack, DCL coloring book (if they still have them), DCL Mickey antenna ball, t-shirts for the kids and an ornament.

I used to collect the fridge magnets. One year in St. Maarten I found a really cool 3-D fish....turned it over and it said "Made in Lafayette, Indiana". Of course, where was I living but Lafayette, Indiana. :crazy: Kinda ruined the magnet thing for me.

Now I like to get maps, posters or some type of print of the places I have been. I would lome to have one of the art deco type prints of the Magic, but haven't had any luck finding one. Our office walls are covered with memories.

Originally posted by PhotobearSam
OOOooooooo Mickey Pearl....How much is the setting? Do they come in Silver?

I have to do this...Gotta budget more money$$$$:p

Mine is silver.....I don't remember if they had gold.....and the setting came with the Wish Pearl. They had other "regular" settings, without Mickey. I want to say it was around $29.95 ...??..I don't remember exactly, but it wasn't very expensive, in my opinion. Especially considering how special it is!

Just to help me plan, would an average T-shirt run about $25? Orniment about $20? Coloring book about $5? Thanks for the pearl idea, I know what Mom and I are bringing home!;) Maybe DH will bring one of those little "FREE" slips of white paper. I am getting so excited!!!!!!:teeth:

My favorite souvenier has got to be all of our wonderful shutters pics. They are lined up in the hallway waiting to be joined by this years pics. Of course I also love our t shirts, magnet and shot glasses also. DH's favorite has got to be the xmas ornament we bought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter