Been There, Done That, Going Back! Day 15- Time To Say Goodbye.xx

darthtatty

Been There, Done That, Going Back!
Day 15
Thursday 28th May 2009- Time to say goodbye

Cast
Me (Nicky)-34 -The sensible one lol Magic Kingdom fan, love the water rides, doesn’t like the simulation rides.
Matt-37 Major Star Wars fan-loves DHS, likes simulation rides.
Luke-9 huge Star wars fan-Loves DHS and water rides

Well we woke up today knowing we would have to make the journey home. We started off the morning the way every morning should start- Chef Mickey’s.
2417.jpg

Well I’m not sure if it was us or just the restaurant today but this last visit wasn’t anywhere as good as any we’d ever had before. Now you probably think it was our last day so we were deflated but I wrote a book last trip and I only had good comments to make on our last day. The server was very slow; it took ages to get our drinks after we’d got our food. Even though we ordered them as soon as we sat down. Luke doesn’t eat before drinking, so we had to replace his food, luckily it was a buffet. As we were sitting down the celebration song was playing but we didn’t hear it again for over 30 mins and we hadn’t seen any characters by this time either. Now that’s unusual for Chef Mickey’s.
Anyway we had a good meal, the characters (or rather the cast members inside them) had begun to recognise us. So they didn’t really spend any time with us. It’s a shame as I was hoping to get some character pics with me in but they didn’t really hang about. At least Luke got to say goodbye to his favourite- Minnie Mouse.

2424.jpg

After breakfast we looked in the shops to see if there was anything else we wanted to buy but couldn’t find anything. So we took our last monorail ride. On the last day of our previous holiday we rode up front with the driver, Luke was looking forward to doing it today. It was just too busy with other people waiting to do it so we didn’t; instead we did a full loop.
It was the last time we heard the familiar words……
1910.jpg

We then went to our room finished any packing and double checked we got everything. Check out went smoothly and as we waited for the coach to arrive I took a few shots of our hotel. We were all going to miss it, would we come back here again next time? Probably.
I took a few pics of our hotel while we were waiting for the coach to the airport. .
538.jpg

2468.jpg

2453.jpg

2449.jpg

The coach trip was very quick in comparison to others.
We were travelling home Economy, I know I know- Once you turn left you never turn back. Well as we were packing I realise that perhaps we should have upgraded the return journey. You wouldnt have believed the suitcases. The allowance was 23kgs, 2 were exactly 23kg and the others were 22.8kg and 22.6kg.
Those cheap suitcase scales I brought the week before we went were really handy!
Theyd changed our seats from the ones we’d picked ourselves, but matt got them to change them back.
Flight went ok Matt and Luke slept, I knew I would made good use of watching the films- Yes man, He’s not that into you and 7 pounds.
Got to say the cabin staff were really helpful and friendly, gave Luke the portable DVD player with Star Wars on
We got off the plane and got our cases quickly, had to wait ages for the shuttle back to the hotel but the driver was nice and drove us to our car instead of leaving us at reception.
Matt drove home, thankfully as I don’t think I could have. So very tired, kept dozing in the car but never slept. Luke managed too though.
Finally we arrived home!

Final thoughts.
We all really enjoyed our holiday, I know I moaned about a few things but all the great things out did the bad. I thought I had to write about them just so newbies were aware that not everything was perfect- even at Disney World.
I did kind of get fed up of the rain, I didn’t really mention it in my reports but I got ill right at the start of the holiday and just when I started to get better I got soaked again and even more ill. Its only now after writing my trip reports that I’m remembering the sun and the hot weather we got.
The price of the food was very high, to me it cost double, triple for some things compared to the UK. I know it was Disney World so was expecting the prices to be high. I’m still not a fan of the tipping that goes on, but we do it. The 18% and 20% suggested tips on the receipts were useful, though we found instead of doing what we wanted we kept to them. Even at times when they weren’t worth it. So really they were a bit of a hindrance to us.
I was a bit worried we’d made too many ADR’s and wouldn’t be able to be flexible in our plans. We found these didn’t really interfere at all, apart from missing Chef Mickey’s due to Kennedy we made them all.

When are we going back?
We planned to go back there every 5 years, I know its ages away. It’s ok for those that can go every year. We thought we’d delay the next holiday due to Luke being in his GCSE years at secondary school but after this holiday I don’t think we could last 7 years. Only time will tell, we may consider moving when we go just so Luke doesn’t have to miss any school. Christmas time could be a possibility, will have to do a bit of research.
We are planning to visit my brother and his girlfriend in Australia next year and may stay at a Disney En route. After reading Steve76’s Hong Kong Disney report, I’m all for stopping there for a couple of days, not sure what Matt thinks. He’ll let me know when he reads this lol.

Matt’s final thoughts-
Shame it took us so long to get back. The weather didn’t dampen our spirits. Was it worth it? It was our holiday we planned it, so yes! Shame it’s going to be a long while before we get back. Matt’s enjoyed the trip reports as said they seem to make the holiday longer.
Wish I were there now.

For now we will remember the slogan on our fridge magnet

016.jpg

For now there is nothing left to say except thanks for reading and goodbye for now………………………..

2452.jpg

I am pleased that in general you had a good time but sorry to see that you were poorly for some of the time. I have yet to catch up with your other reports and look forward to doing so.:thumbsup2

loved your trippie, thanks for sharing your thoughts and memories with us :hug:

Thanks for sharing your trip report with us Nicky. It has been lovely reading along & looking at your pics.

Until next time. x

Thank you Nicky ..... thoroughly enjoyed your reports - thank you for sharing Sharon xx

Thanks for sharing your great reports Nicky. Your photos have been lovely too :thumbsup2
Thanks Mandy, been nice to do as made the holiday feel longer.

I am pleased that in general you had a good time but sorry to see that you were poorly for some of the time. I have yet to catch up with your other reports and look forward to doing so.:thumbsup2
Thanks, think we had a great time. will def go again. the sooner the better. :thumbsup2

Aww im gutted your trippie is over, ive really enjoyed them xx
Awww thanks Nat, we're gutted theyre over too as theyve made the holiday seem to last longer. Took me ages to write the last 2 days. :goodvibes

loved your trippie, thanks for sharing your thoughts and memories with us :hug:
Thanks its been good doing it.

Thanks for sharing your trip report with us Nicky. It has been lovely reading along & looking at your pics.

Until next time. x
Thanks claire, cant wait for another holiday. Theyre right the best thing to do when you get home is too book another holiday. really want to do that now, i keep pricing up holidays ;)

Really enjoyed your trip report - I'm sad its over!

Been some great days you've shared with us and the pictures are fab :thumbsup2

Shame about Chef Mickey's not seeming to be up to scratch.
Thanks for sharing your trippie,i really enjoyed.x.

Thank you for taking the time to do these reports. I for one have had a great time reading them and have managed to get some good information from them that will help us on our next trip.

Thank you for taking the time to do these reports. I for one have had a great time reading them and have managed to get some good information from them that will help us on our next trip.

Hi, glad you found my reports useful. :goodvibes
Have fun planning for your next trip.xx

Have just finished reading your report - must have missed it before. It was excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed it.:thumbsup2

Tina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter