Beating the Winter Blues - I Hate When That Happens! 21/4

#1 - it was very BIG
(okay...maybe not huge but certainly big enough that one should not have missed seeing it on the shelf) kwim? :sad2:

I do kwym
::yes:: It could be HUMONGOUS and my DH wouldn't see it :3dglasses

Good start to your trippie...... gud thing you got the last donut :banana:

How did Jojo's BFF become Fi Fi? :rotfl:

Wouldn't you have been more nervous if they hadn't de-iced the plane?

Sounds like your travel went smoothly. It was beautiful when I arrived too.

I've only been on a plane 3 times in my life and the first two were during the summer months so de-icing was new to me :confused3

Yes it went much better than expected...I had imagined the worst :sad2:
I'm happy you had beautiful weather also :)

Every week I fall asleep on my flight out at 6:00am. It's like a time warp. Wake up and you're there!

Twilight Zone :teleport:

MDF said:
Love to see the reaction on the nOObies faces.

FiFi is a quiet girl and hard to read but it definately showed :upsidedow

MDF said:
My kids now are like "Dad, can we go to Denny's". :headache:

I have no idea what you're referring to here :scratchin

Hey, if that big flash wasn't there, I bet it would've showed the plane directly over my house!

I was lookin' for it DM!!!

DM said:
Heading for a smoke alreaady??

Ugh...not you too :smokin:

DM said:
Brrr. I don't care whatcha say. It's still too cold in Florida in January for me.

Read on...........

Big spenders flying from Ottawa! It is a nice airport, much nicer than Toronto.

I don't have any others to compare to except Orlando and that one is much nicer than Ottawa's!

it's a lot warmer than canada :)

::yes::

I do kwym
It could be HUMONGOUS and my DH wouldn't see it

Um....what we're we talkin' bout again? :blush:

PirateLady said:
Good start to your trippie...... gud thing you got the last donut :banana:

Thanks Natters!!! :flower3:

PirateLady said:
How did Jojo's BFF become Fi Fi?

That's the nickname I came up with while in WDW :rolleyes1

So you weren't driving then????

I'm watching you Goofster!!! :magnify:

Goofster said:
Timmie's...Timmie's...Timmie's...@@

At least you didn't say Pixie! :teeth:

Goofster said:
De-Icing is a good thing, I would have been worried if they hadn't done it.

Better than icing it down :blush:

Goofster said:
Great start to your TR Heidi :cool1:

Thanks buddy :goodvibes

While JoJo was checking in, I scoped out the spot which would later become my sanctuary away from the girls when I needed some alone time and the area in which I would meet many travellers and share friendly conversations. In further updates, I will refer to those people as my “smoking buddies”. :smokin:

ch2-3.jpg

ch2-2.jpg

ch2-1.jpg

We had paid for preferred and I was hoping we'd be in the Toy Story building because it was close to my sanctuary but we ended up in Fantasia. It wasn't that far, however, the late evening jaunts over were sometimes a little sketchy. :eek:

I had assumed that going in January the crowds would be smaller but I was quite surprised that the resort was so empty! There was no one in the pool and no line ups in the lobby. It made me wonder if the parks were going to be the same and my excitement grew! :banana:

ch2-4.jpg

ch2-5.jpg

ch2-7.jpg

After dropping our carry-on bags in our room, we took a few photos before we messed up the place.

ch2-8.jpg

The girls gave me the two top drawers to the bureau so I wouldn't have to bend! :goodvibes Our suitcases hadn't arrived so there wasn't too much to unpack yet but I was relieved to be rid of my bag as it was heavier than it looked and my shoulders were beginning to ache. :faint:

The wind had picked up and it was starting to get a little chilly so we decided to wear our jackets that we had left with in case we weren't back before dinner. I didn't bring my winter coat, just a thin Disney jacket that I figured would be fine for most of the trip. Besides, I planned on buying some hoodies to replace my old ones.

I heard FiFi say something to JoJo about wearing her “Canadian” sweater and she seemed worried by this for some reason. JoJo laughed at her and said it was fine. I'm not sure what she was thinking...like maybe the MerriCANS were going to string her up or something for doing so? :lmao:

We headed to the resort store to have a look around before heading to MK and I had to laugh at FiFi when I looked over and saw that her arms were full of Disney merchandise. I went over and told her that she shouldn't spend all her money at once and she looked at JoJo and asked if there were other stores at MK. The kid really had no idea of the magic she was in for! :wizard: JoJo giggled and told her to just buy the necessary items for now, that being, an autograph book and a pin trader set. She put all the other stuff back and picked out a Tink book and pin set. As soon as she got her pins she traded two of them from the pin board.

ch2-9.jpg

Again, there was no line for the bus to MK and the bus was empty! Yahooty!!! This was going to be the bestest trip ever!!! :dance3:

Up Next: What happened to the heat?

While JoJo was checking in, I scoped out the spot which would later become my sanctuary away from the girls when I needed some alone time and the area in which I would meet many travellers and share friendly conversations. In further updates, I will refer to those people as my “smoking buddies”. :smokin:
Hooboy... :upsidedow

There was no one in the pool ...
Because everyone was afraid of freezing their bezonkers off!!

After dropping our carry-on bags in our room, we took a few photos before we messed up the place.

ch2-8.jpg
And where would the neat room pics be?? :confused3

I heard FiFi say...
Is "FiFi" AKA "Jasmine"???

Again, there was no line for the bus to MK and the bus was empty! Yahooty!!! This was going to be the bestest trip ever!!! :dance3:
:banana::banana: :cheer2: :banana::banana:

I I get addicted to things quickly. My FB is constantly Farmville and Cityville. :rotfl2:

I guess I do too then as that is my facebook account too...cityville and farmville. If you need more neighbors (god knows I do) just look me up or send me a message or something, I didn't even think to look on facebook for fellow dis-board members that liked the games too. :-)
I'm in for this thread-I don't post much but I lurk quite a bit
Getting ready for my April trip. :yay:

Went to WDW only once in January and there are a lot of plusses and minuses to this time of year.

Plus: NO LINES!! :banana:

Minus: Mickey looks strange in a parka :confused3

Plus: No Canadians wearing Maple Leaf sweaters

Minus: Brazilians galore! :scared1:

Plus: The ice fishing is wonderful!

Minus: Chipping ice off my beard after Splash MT.

TheWeatherMan said:
The weather looks great!!

Couldn't have been more pleased with it :upsidedow

Goofster said:
Why didn't you use the picture of the room before it got messy????

:headache: Now I'm really not posting pics of the room as the week progressed! :rotfl:

Goofster said:
When's the next update????

Would you believe me if I told you it will be out tomorrow?

Hooboy... :upsidedow

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? :confused3

MerriCANwuss said:
Because everyone was afraid of freezing their bezonkers off!!

Nooooooooooooo....no one was there! We saw swimmers later that week popcorn::

AnotherGoofster said:
And where would the neat room pics be?? :confused3

Same reply posted to CaliDude goes to you! :snooty:

DM said:
Is "FiFi" AKA "Jasmine"???

::yes::

I guess I do too then as that is my facebook account too...cityville and farmville. If you need more neighbors (god knows I do) just look me up or send me a message or something, I didn't even think to look on facebook for fellow dis-board members that liked the games too. :-)
I'm in for this thread-I don't post much but I lurk quite a bit
Getting ready for my April trip. :yay:

:welcome:

I love it when lurkers come out to post!!!! :banana:

April trip eh? 2-3 months away! Yahooty! I hope you have lots of sunshine and no crowds :wizard:

Went to WDW only once in January and there are a lot of plusses and minuses to this time of year.

Oh no....here it comes.............:listen:

Plus: NO LINES!! :banana:
I may prove you wrong on that one! just sayin'

Minus: Mickey looks strange in a parka :confused3
I think he looks rather cute dressed as a Canuck :snooty:

Plus: No Canadians wearing Maple Leaf sweaters
Of course not, we're wearing Sens sweaters! :rolleyes:

Minus: Brazilians galore! :scared1:
You could have mentioned that *before* my trip :mad:

Plus: The ice fishing is wonderful!
Eat any dolphins lately? popcorn::

Minus: Chipping ice off my beard after Splash MT.
Splash was closed :guilty:

:yay: Great start! And, I know it gets even better!!

:yay: Great start! And, I know it gets even better!!

It sure does!! :flower3:

Glad you found a sanctuary. :goodvibes I love WDW in January! :cool1:

I agree with you! Me too :thumbsup2

Yup. That's the other minus..... lots of "refurbishment" going on.

However, the Taco Stand across from PotC is usually open this time of year (but closed in October when we go).

I'm not sure I'm familiar with that but we went with Cheryl to Peco Bills while she had a taco salad and it looked so good that we went back another day to try it!!

ch2-5.jpg

Gorgeous!!!

rockon6rk.gif

Meh....I would have rather been at POR or tried a new resort. :3dglasses

sounds like it a great start. Ok little scared about what is coming up with crowds, hope it is good.

The pics are awesome.

I enjoyed my trip in January except for the company I was with.

I want to apologize and congratulate you and your family on your new farm spread. My husband would sell his soul for land in the country.

I have 3 new Canadian sweatshirts. My kids tease me all the time. I would never wear a USA sweatshirt. Last year after the Olympics I wanted a Canadian sweatshirt and I thought they would have some at Epcot, nope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter