Beach Club or Yacht Club?

sktibbe

Earning My Ears
We are booked at the Beach Club June 9th - 16th. We have stayed at the BC twice and loved it! However, there is a discount code for YC and I am considering switching. It will save me $$, all rooms have full balconies and I have heard the rooms are newly refurbished. Does anyone know of any photos of the new rooms? Opinions? I am torn!

Personally, love the YC rooms and much prefer them to the BC rooms. We have been able to get great discounts on YC recently so we have been staying there, for us, the two are so similar that we would not spend the extra money to stay at BC even if they had rooms as nice as YC.

I have two kids and prefer YC over BC for two main reasons:

1. First bus stop.
2. Closer to the sand pool. If you like the sand pool, you have to walk around and over a bunch of pools to get to the sand pool from BC. Much easier from YC.

I would pick YC over BC at the same price. If you are saving money, it would be a no brainer.

I have stayed at the YC 2x and BC 3x. I prefer the YC. The rooms were recently renovated. I find the YC quieter that the BC. Both my YC rooms (water view) had views of both HS and Epcot fireworks.

Love the atmosphere at the BC! Love the quick access of standard rooms to Epcot! Really enjoy Cape May Cafe! We like the beach and swings and quick walk to the BW in the evening. We like listening to the music from the UK in Epcot from our balcony. We like the room decor. We enjoy the CL there, especially since the renovations. BC is awesome!!!!

We like the YC as well. It is nice to have the first pick up and drop off on the bus. We have had some less than stellar experiences here however. Construction and huge noise issues. Privacy issues with a worker on our balcony when we woke up one morning. Paid extra for water view and ended up with an ugly roof view and noisy SAB. NOT impressed! CM's were nice, but perhaps not quite as friendly as those at the BC or BWI. Still like the resort, but all this means that overall the BC has better memories.

I LOVE YC! The new rooms are gorgeous and I love the new quick service place. I find BC to be too chaotic. If YC is less, I would go for it!

:thumbsup2

C'mon over!

Post 9 of this thread has pictures of the YC rooms.

The first post of the thread lists the differences in the two resorts- many of the things have already been mentioned by previous posters.

:goodvibes
To join the others. Stayed at both. The guarantee of a balcony is big for me. Also they are close enough to each other and Epcot to not make much of a difference. YC is closer to the boat pier and Boardwalk if that matters. I would go with YC especially if you are able to get a discount.

As an aside where are you seeing the discounts. In my efforts YC discounts have been few and far between.

Sorry natbenma didn’t mean to quote or reply directly to you.:)

I absolutely love YC and if it's a better discount I would definitely go for it. I love the refurbished rooms, they don't have carpet in them which is so helpful for my allergies. It's an absolutely beautiful hotel and we have had outstanding service there.

I love both! We've stayed at the YC once and three times at BC. The only thing I don't care for about the BC is the smell. I've never found anyone else who shares that opinion with me, but I think it smells like skunk! lol.

We have stayed at both and enjoyed both. That being said, if both were available, we would probably stay at YC over BC. Our only reasons for that are:
1) the bus picks up at YC first (we often would have a bus come to BC and be totally full)
2) I agree with @bcbmommy . The BC smells, it's their quick service place, but it literally makes me nauseous every time I get off the elevator.

We haven’t stayed at either, but we switched from BC to YC for our July trip when the discounts came out. We saved close to $1200, we still get SAB, I’d read that it’s the first bus stop (big selling point for us!), and the rooms look gorgeous to me. With the huge discount we got, it was worth the switch to me. Maybe someday we’ll try BC if they get good discounts in the future. :)

I’m excited to read all the YC love in this thread! Sounds like we made a good choice!

I absolutely love YC and if it's a better discount I would definitely go for it. I love the refurbished rooms, they don't have carpet in them which is so helpful for my allergies. It's an absolutely beautiful hotel and we have had outstanding service there.
Did they remove the carpet from all of the rooms? I’m personally not a fan of the wood floors. I think the lack of carpet in rooms increases the noise level from within and the surrounding rooms.

We've always really enjoyed our stay at Yacht Club. I don't get the sense there's a ton of difference between the two and those differences seem relatively minor. We do like the fact that YC rooms all have a full balcony, but we'd stay at BC if there was a significant price difference. So I'd go with YC.

I have two kids and prefer YC over BC for two main reasons:

1. First bus stop.
2. Closer to the sand pool. If you like the sand pool, you have to walk around and over a bunch of pools to get to the sand pool from BC. Much easier from YC.

I would pick YC over BC at the same price. If you are saving money, it would be a no brainer.
Absolutely. Closer to the sand pool.

We just got back from the YC and loved it! Now DH doesn't want to stay anywhere else!!! The room was amazing. We loved the balcony and had views of both Illuminations and the HS fireworks. The YC felt sooooo much quieter than the BC. Having the first bus stop was a huge bonus. The quiet pool at the YC was our hidden treasure. We would head there to relax in the afternoon and would practically have the place to ourselves.

Our next stay is booked at the BC and to be honest I am a little worried about it. Their bus stop was always so crowded, and the lobby always seemed hectic (probably due to the location of the Cape May Cafe).

I would have loved to have to have stayed at the Yacht Club. I think their rooms are the best looking out of the three epcot resorts in that area. Plus their bathrooms have two doors. I would book there in a heartbeat if I thought they had better parking. We like to drive when we go, so I think their parking situation is a deal breaker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter