Beach Club or Yacht Club?

We have not stayed at either resort, but we were debating the same thing for this August. We're booking the Free Dining promotion, so the price difference was negligible, it was just a matter of availability and playing with the dates. We're still flexible by a few days either way on our trip, so we were able to find dates that worked for both. We always thought we'd prefer Beach Club, and at one point we were leaning towards doing the dates that worked with Beach Club.

However, we have decided to just do Yacht Club either way. The big reason, and it's been mentioned, is the balconies. We noticed it in pictures, then looked it up, and found that many Beach Club rooms have "standing balconies," whereas Yacht Club has full balconies on all their rooms.

The balcony is very important to us because we also have younger kids (our son will turn 7 during the trip and our daughter will be 5). When the kids are sleeping, the balcony is our place to go out and relax, have a drink, and talk, without worrying about disturbing them. We still intend to try to get them to nap this trip, so the same thing then. If we don't have a balcony, we're stuck sitting in the room with them. It's a big reason we started doing Deluxe two trips ago, and we call it our sanity place - just our brief break from the kids. Since you have young kids as well, this is something to certainly consider.
This is exactly why I would choose YC over BC hands down.

Do these non-full balconies at beach club have no room whatsoever to sit out on? We have our little one with us, and I am thinking we will need a place to relax once hes asleep and a balcony is the place I am thinking will work best.

We have not stayed at either resort, but we were debating the same thing for this August. We're booking the Free Dining promotion, so the price difference was negligible, it was just a matter of availability and playing with the dates. We're still flexible by a few days either way on our trip, so we were able to find dates that worked for both. We always thought we'd prefer Beach Club, and at one point we were leaning towards doing the dates that worked with Beach Club.

However, we have decided to just do Yacht Club either way. The big reason, and it's been mentioned, is the balconies. We noticed it in pictures, then looked it up, and found that many Beach Club rooms have "standing balconies," whereas Yacht Club has full balconies on all their rooms.

The balcony is very important to us because we also have younger kids (our son will turn 7 during the trip and our daughter will be 5). When the kids are sleeping, the balcony is our place to go out and relax, have a drink, and talk, without worrying about disturbing them. We still intend to try to get them to nap this trip, so the same thing then. If we don't have a balcony, we're stuck sitting in the room with them. It's a big reason we started doing Deluxe two trips ago, and we call it our sanity place - just our brief break from the kids. Since you have young kids as well, this is something to certainly consider.

Great point!!

Do these non-full balconies at beach club have no room whatsoever to sit out on? We have our little one with us, and I am thinking we will need a place to relax once hes asleep and a balcony is the place I am thinking will work best.
No room at all. It’s basically a barrier that allows you to open the doors without danger of falling off

No room at all. It’s basically a barrier that allows you to open the doors without danger of falling off

Thanks. I tried to switch to YC but I cannot at the moment with the promo I have, so I am sticking with BC for now requesting a full balcony first then a ground floor second (we really just want an outdoor area to hang out on while little man is sleeping, so a patio is fine as well). Crossing my fingers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter