Be Our Guest popularity?

It definitely does. No one I know has ever been able to get a dinner ADR. Lunch is a different story, it is counter service and much easier to get in. I did have to wait about 30 minutes in line the time I went but it was last November and had only recently opened. Hoping the waits aren't as bad this time as I couldn't get dinner so I'll be trying lunch again.

It definitely does. No one I know has ever been able to get a dinner ADR. Lunch is a different story, it is counter service and much easier to get in. I did have to wait about 30 minutes in line the time I went but it was last November and had only recently opened. Hoping the waits aren't as bad this time as I couldn't get dinner so I'll be trying lunch again.

Thanks. So lunch is walk in first come and dinner is by reservation? Is that correct?

We had an adr for lunch and got right in. Maybe they are not doing that any longer? We even pre-ordered our meals. We had our food within minutes of sitting down. It was a good lunch but not one I would have stood in line for. I have heard from some that dinner wasn't worth it but again each person is different. When we were there two weeks ago there was a very long line for people waiting to get in and most of the same people were in line when we left about 30 minutes later. They were serving lemonade to those in line waiting as it was quite hot outside!

Rob

Thanks. So lunch is walk in first come and dinner is by reservation? Is that correct?

Lunch is CS, dinner is TS.

We had an adr for lunch and got right in. Maybe they are not doing that any longer? We even pre-ordered our meals. We had our food within minutes of sitting down.

For lunch it is not and ADR per se, it is a FP+. They are still doing it, but like the entire FP+ system it is still in testing.

You'd be correct. :thumbsup2

For our April '13 trip I got VERY lucky as one afternoon in March I happened to check for BOG availability and snagged a reservation on the perfect date, at the perfect time. While on that vacation our 180+10 window opened for our October trip and though I've been attempting to secure a BOG ADR in a daily basis I've had zero luck. None. Zip. Zilch.

Thankfully, my Gram is coming with us. She's offered to be our BOG line holder for lunch and approach the podium at dinnertime opening on each of our MK days to see if we can get a table. I'm not giving up hope yet!

If you keep checking, you'll be surprised at what may open up. We planned a last-minute trip for later this month. Every day around 10:00 am, I'd check for BOG openings. A few weeks ago one opened up! You can bet that I grabbed it.

I booked a trip 162 days out. When I went to make ADR's everything I wanted was available, and at the time I wanted. I checked BOG and even that had two time slots open, which surprised me. It is usually only available at 180 days out.

If you keep checking, you'll be surprised at what may open up. We planned a last-minute trip for later this month. Every day around 10:00 am, I'd check for BOG openings. A few weeks ago one opened up! You can bet that I grabbed it.

We have gone there for lunch 3 different trips (twice each trip). We actually were able to get ADR's for dinner right after it opened for ressies. We went for lunch first, loved it so much, immediately cancelled our dinner ressies, and haven't even wanted to go for dinner since.

Have not waited longer than 10-25 min. for lunch either - in fact, walked right in once.

We enjoyed everything we wanted to enjoy of the ambiance, loved the braised pork (especially) so saw no need to pay more for dinner. You even get to choose where you want to dine at lunch, so we have experienced all the rooms.

We tried twice to have lunch here in septemeber with an hour wait each time. We werent willing to wait that long for lunch. Hopefully next time we go in a few years itll be easier to get in.

Try to book any of your ADR for BOG at 180+10 if you are staying on site.
If off site, try 180.
Good luck with getting your BOG!

We had reservations for Dinner in September and loved it :thumbsup2 I had the Steak which was cooked perfectly and it is now our favourite restaurant to eat in :cool1:

Would the CM's allow my family to go in and look around, but not eat? We are going in Nov. and if the lunch lines are really long, I wouldn't want to wait in them, but it might be fun to just look around the restaurant.

Also, does anyone have recent experience with the lunch lines? At what time do they start to build? If we get there at 11am for lunch will there already be a long line?

I called exactly 180 days out at 6am central time, and got reservations for the exact day and time I wanted. I hope it was totally worth getting up at the crack of dawn for...Keeping my fingers crossed.pixiedust:

I had several times to choose from when I just did my adrs this week, and around that date there are still times when I search. I think if you book on or around your 180 date you should be fine.

Get a FP for lunch if you can. We had one and got there at 1105. We were able to go right in and order and had our food within 5 minutes. The line at that time was an hour wait. We finished our lunch at 1145 and by that time, the CMs were telling people at the end of the line that it was an hour and a half wait.:faint:

I was able to snag a dinner reservation early this past January, but I booked the second reservations opened up (which I think was like 5 AM pacific time :faint:). I would just keep checking because you never know when something will pop up. It was one of the highlights of my trip for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter