BCV questions from a newbie

Lisa96

Mouseketeer
I'm hoping to get some input from the experts out there...
I'm beginning to plan a WDW trip, taking my niece (6) and nephew (8) for their first taste of the Magic. Checking everything out, I'm thinking it might be nice to try to rent points and stay at Beach Club Villas. But I have some questions:
If we plan to go in early May 2003, how soon should I be looking for points to rent? Will a studio be large enough with kids that age? Is a toaster provided in the studio, or dishes and utensils? I know that housekeeping is only the 4th day, but what about towels - are they changed or is there a supply left? Does anyone have recommendations on which floor or view/area would be best, especially with kids (and there isn't an additional charge for views is there, as there is with the resorts?) Thanks so much!! :wave:

If you would like to travel in May, you should start looking into renting points ASAP. If a member doesn't have a reservation already made and available to rent they may have difficulty securing the dates you want.

A studio will have a queen size bed and a sleeper sofa. A one bedroome will have a king size bed and a queen sleeper sofa. I imagine the studio will be find for your group.

There will be a toaster in the studio. If for some reason it was missing, a call to HK wil bring one.

Plastic/paper utensils and plates and bowls are provided (like the ones in the WDW fast food restaurants). There are real glasses and coffee mugs. A one bedroom or larger has a fully stocked kitchen with "real" china etc.

You only receive new towels on the Trash & Towel day. You can either use the free laundry facilities to wash the towels (you provide the soap) or for $6 you get a package of 4 towels, bath towels, washcloths and a bath mat. Sometimes a housekeeper may give you a towel or two at no charge but the policy is there to charge for extra towels.

There is no difference in points for different views at BCV, VWL or OKW. BWV has two levels -- standard and preferred. I haven't stayed at BCV so I can't offer room suggestions.

Hope this helps gets you started....keep asking away with questions.

are you sure you want BCV? - they are great for Epcot and the Studios - but with kids that age I would think the majority of your time would be spend at the MK - have you considered VWL?

I had a studio that had a great view (my opinion) of Spaceship Earth room 561 - but it is best to ask for a view not a room - Epcot view of FW or WS - or pool view or quiet view.

no matter what you pick both DVC resorts are great!

You need to go ask on the DVC rental/trade board - first check what is availability. then if you can't find what you what - then post.

I did consider VWL, but was thinking that Stormalong Bay might be more fun (and I've always wanted to stay at BC - although I've always wanted to stay at WL too!:p ) It's so hard to choose! I'd also heard that bus transportation from WL was iffy at times.

But I so appreciate your help with this! Thanks so much...this board has tons of great info and terrific people!

I didn't think the studios had a toaster but my memory could be off. I'm sure they would provide one if requested. They will not supply enough paper plates, bowls and plastic utensils for you so you may want to bring some extras.

I remember that the studio DID have a toaster, becausee I was there on opening day and had the pleasure of pulling the plastic covering off mine and being the first to plug it in! It was Sooooooo cool.. I felt like it was a big deal. (I know, get a life...) Anyway, the toaster is there, as is a microwave, and that little fridge can hold more than you'd think. The sink is small, like the kind in a wet bar. I packed paper plates and bowls, plus plastic utensils and wet wipes. This way I hardly had to do any dishes. We bought cereal and granola bars, grapes and milk and soda and juice. I would pack our little cooler when we went down to the pool, and having our own drinks plus snack saved us a lot of money. Stormalong Bay is wonderful. You can get the kiddie meal at Hurricane Hannah's and it comes with a little pail and shovel. Oh -- if you have room, pack a few pool toys. They sell them for outrageous prices. Buy 2 small cheapo tubes that you can blow up when you get there. They rent for $10 each per day! My children (plus dh and I) had a ball at Beach Club Villas. Lots to see and do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter