Basically my wife TOLD me to take a Disney solo trip...

Yesterday I received my quote from Dreams and brought her over and said "are you sure?" She adamantly said yes and told me her mother is coming over that week.
So unless I married Admiral Akhbar I am going. If she changes the locks when I land....I will let you know. ;)

She won't change the locks! She'll just be planning her solo trip somewhere while you are gone. 💜

She won't change the locks! She'll just be planning her solo trip somewhere while you are gone. 💜
Probably to a location where everyone looks like Chris Hemsworth and the use of the word "husband" is prohibited. The good news is she'll be expecting pre-Endgame Thor because that's what they'll sell to her but she'll end up with Endgame Thor because life is never as good as the brochure.

Probably to a location where everyone looks like Chris Hemsworth and the use of the word "husband" is prohibited. The good news is she'll be expecting pre-Endgame Thor because that's what they'll sell to her but she'll end up with Endgame Thor because life is never as good as the brochure.
She wants a cruise for her 50th with her friends and I am on board (pardon the pun).

This was definitely how I read the first post. Sounds like serious trouble on the horizon to me.

edit:thought I quoted the post about treading carefully given the tone implied in the original post.

I wanted to see the 50th Anniversary on my 50th birthday in January but also wanted to bring my son (5) whose birthday is the day after mine.
In 2020 we went for my wife's birthday as a family and this past August for my daughter.
So I figured this would be a boy's trip.
However my wife thinks it's unfair to my daughter to leave her home so short of taking them both (by myself) which would be a nightmare as they would fight constantly (like siblings do) and there would always be the battle of someone being scared to go on a ride. When my wife was on the trips one of us would watch the kid(s) while the other went on Everest or ToT and rides like that...or when daddy wanted to take a quick trip into Epcot from the Boardwalk and partake.
I can work with the boy on these things and he is more brave (he went on Everest and ToT with me the last trip) and I could always push a stroller while he rested as the night arrived.
So, after discussing my wife said "You would have a better time going by yourself anyway so do that."
So I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth (I still would like to bring my son and would feel really guilty when I am there knowing my kids are in school while daddy drank a lapu lapu) but what are your thoughts? Don't think twice and start planning?
It is my birthday and this will be my last chance (almost certainly) to do this so leaning towards doing it but I have always appreciated the various opinions from you fine people. Since it is a Solo Travelers post I am probably just looking for reinforcement for a foregone conclusion but who knows?
Thanks!
Gary
Don't think twice, just start planning! :)
I enjoy my trips with DH, but I also enjoy my solo trips. I can just go do what I want, when I want. I don't have to worry about anyone else. It's quite relaxing and freeing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter