Balconies at Disneyland Hotel

MajesticKiwi

Perpetual Child
This is a pretty simple question, but it's been kind of hard to find a definitive answer to. Do any of the premium view rooms at the DLH have balconies? There's a picture of a balcony in the DLH gallery on the resort website, but the amenities never list one as a feature of the rooms. I'm going to request the Adventure Tower (closest to monorail, good view) and am hoping there will be a balcony for looking out over the park. Thanks guys! :goodvibes

Not quite true. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite on the 14th floor of the Frontier tower post renos that had a balcony overlooking the pool. I think it was the only floor in that tower that had them, though.

Frontier towers DO have balconies. We have stayed in a 2 room suite in July and a 1 bedroom suite in Nov, both had balconies and were amazing. pixiedust:

Alright, thanks! This info helps a lot. :thumbsup2 It's seems like something they should provide a little more info about on their site, or something to offer an upgrade to, maybe. I'd be willing to plunk down a little extra for a balcony to enjoy my lovely view of the show. popcorn::

only a few suites in the Frontier tower has them now. We have never stayed in a suite at Disneyland Hotel due to the price, though. The regular view rooms are just pricey enough for us!:)

I'm so disappointed that they got rid of their balconies in most rooms. We don't need a suite, and not sure I want to pay for one. I'm a person that really enjoys the fresh air. There aren't even windows you can open. I understand why they did it, though. It does look much nicer, and cleaner, from the outside. I love everything else about the remodel, though.

Not quite true. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite on the 14th floor of the Frontier tower post renos that had a balcony overlooking the pool. I think it was the only floor in that tower that had them, though.

How much was that suite? Do you remember? I might consider getting one next time we are there. After the trip we already have planned. Thanks!

How much was that suite? Do you remember? I might consider getting one next time we are there. After the trip we already have planned. Thanks!

Suites are usually more than double the price of a regular room.

None of the rooms in the Adventure Tower have balconies, that I know of. Some of the suites on the ends of the buildings in the Fronteir tower do have balconies. We stayed in a one bedroom suite there last month and it was wonderful. We had an amazing view of the parks and it was wonderful to sit on the balcony and watch the fireworks. The cost of the suite was slightly less than booking two regular rooms, which we were originally looking at doing. As I said these rooms were on the narrow end of the rectangular building. After the people next door checked out and the maid was cleaning the room with the door propped open, I noticed that room appeared to be a non suite room with a king bed and a fold out couch (BTW the couch in out suite folded out differently than any we've ever seen and DD said it was the most comfortable she's ever slept on.) That room also had a view balcony. I don't know what category it would be but it was w onderful room. Maybe you could call and ask.

A two bedroom suite at DLH, with our AAA discount, at Christmas time (so peak season) is $887 a night + tax and all the other fees (parking, resort fee etc.).

Frontier towers DO have balconies. We have stayed in a 2 room suite in July and a 1 bedroom suite in Nov, both had balconies and were amazing. pixiedust:

Do you remember the room number of your 2 bedroom suite? I would love to request a room with a balcony for our trip in Aug. We have only had the rooms without a balcony before and we have a 2 bedroom reserved for our next trip. Thank you so much!

I, too, would like to know. Always nice to have a specific room to request when you can.

We were in the Ambassador suite last year in Frontier tower...we had two HUGE balconies...it was really amazing. Sorry, I don't remember the room number.

Have fun!!

You have to request the Frontier Tower to get a balcony and then you have to make sure you are on the side closest to DTD.
When we went in July 2012 our room was 2368 and 2369 (5th floor). The trees blocked some of the views but we could still see the fireworks. Here is what we paid:
parking $15.00
2 room suite $819.00
taxes $122.85
total per night = $956.85

When we went in Nov. 2012 our rooms were 2868 and 2869 (10th floor)
we paid:
parking $15.00
2 room suite $761.00
taxes $114.15
total per night = $890.15

Hope that helps :)

You have to request the Frontier Tower to get a balcony and then you have to make sure you are on the side closest to DTD.
When we went in July 2012 our room was 2368 and 2369 (5th floor). The trees blocked some of the views but we could still see the fireworks. Here is what we paid:
parking $15.00
2 room suite $819.00
taxes $122.85
total per night = $956.85

When we went in Nov. 2012 our rooms were 2868 and 2869 (10th floor)
we paid:
parking $15.00
2 room suite $761.00
taxes $114.15
total per night = $890.15

Hope that helps :)
Did the one bedroom suite have a king bed, or two queen beds? I'm wanting to get a one bedroom suite with two queens and a balcony! :)

Just remember, you can only request a suite with a balcony, they will not gauarenteed you one. You could end up in any of the towers.

Do they still do the AAA discount at DLH booking through disney travel? What discounts are you using for these rates??

When we went in July 2012 our room was 2368 and 2369 (5th floor). The trees blocked some of the views but we could still see the fireworks.

Correct. In 2014 we stayed at the DLH at Dapper Day rates - about half of normal. When I checked in, I requested either Fantasy or Adventure towers due to their proximity to DTD. The check in clerk said "the room you've been assigned is in Frontier Tower." I again asked for another tower, and the clerk kept insisting "Sir, I really think you'll want this room." After a couple of go-arounds, my DW elbowed me in the ribs and said, "He's trying to tell you something. Take the room." I did, and was so glad. It was a beautiful corner room with balconies on two sides! Mine was room 2269, so a floor down from that mentioned above. It had a king bed, and the room was quite large. And yes, the view was just of the GCH parking lot with trees obstructing views of the park, though we did have a wonderful view of fireworks from our balcony while sipping glasses of wine! The trade-off was more than worth it.

DLHroom_zpsyoskt2ex.jpg~original

Does anyone know if this information about balconies is still true? I thought Disney had removed all the balconies at the DLH and so never go there any more (love the balconies at GCV), but if DLH does still have some balconies I would reconsider. Last room I stayed in (10 years ago) had a wonderful large balcony that was slated to be removed and my other family members were in a "remodeled" HORRIBLE room - tinted, unopenable windows so of course no balcony, dark and depressing (I'm a sun person).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!