• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Baked beans - Serve hot or cold

Baked beans - eat hot or cold

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess I could eat cold fried
Chicken if I was hungry and no heat source was available. I wouldn’t willingly eat it cold. Hot and crispy chicken for me!

According to Mr Taggart I'd say you've all had enough!

I prefer them hot but have also been known to eat them straight from the tin

Homemade, served hot with sausages, toasted brown bread and homemade chili sauce. Alternately, homemade/bakery product (I’m old, this dates back from when the bakery delivered door-to-door), served hot or cold on toast for lunch.

Ok, so, looking back at this thread again, I understand what a "bean salad" is, but "Baked beans" have "baked" right in their name. Navy beans is a type of bean. You can eat them cooked cold in a salad.

Baked beans are navy beans that have been baked in a sauce, most often cooked with some type of pork product. You wouldn't put baked beans in a salad...

Last edited:
I prefer my beans hot. That's pretty much how they are always served here.

As for fried chicken, it's better hot, but it doesn't reheat well. So if I have leftovers, I'd rather just eat it cold rather than try to reheat it, especially in the microwave. It's still pretty decent cold.

Ok, so, looking back at this thread again, I understand what a "bean salad" is, but "Baked beans" have "baked" right in their name. Navy beans is a type of bean. You can eat them cooked cold in a salad.

Baked beans are navy beans that have been baked in a sauce, most often cooked with some type of pork product. You wouldn't pointed baked beans in a salad...
But once they have been "baked" the leftovers can be refrigerated and eaten cold.

Serve straight from the oven hot to start. Perfectly acceptable to eat at midnight cold just like pizza or Chinese food in the morning.

...How do you all feel about eating cold fried chicken?

I prefer my beans hot. That's pretty much how they are always served here.

As for fried chicken, it's better hot, but it doesn't reheat well. So if I have leftovers, I'd rather just eat it cold rather than try to reheat it, especially in the microwave. It's still pretty decent cold.

same

Yeah the microwave just ruins the crispy coating. You can warm it in the oven but you have to watch out that it doesn't dry out. Probably best to eat all the fried chicken when it's fresh.:teeth:

Yeah the microwave just ruins the crispy coating. You can warm it in the oven but you have to watch out that it doesn't dry out. Probably best to eat all the fried chicken when it's fresh.:teeth:

That's definitely the best way to do it, but if there is some left, cold's not too bad. Pizza too.

It's interesting to me the number of folks who've never even heard of having baked beans cold. How do you all feel about eating cold fried chicken?

I am a big NO on eating cold leftovers. I have never had a cold piece of pizza and don’t plan on starting any time soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter