Bahamian Birthday Party!! Help!

travel with kids

DIS Veteran
First, I love this web-site. I have been over on the DCL board for weeks, then saw a scrapbooking question being directed to this board. I can not get enough! I love it!!!

Now, here is my question. My daughter (will be 8) wants a Bahamian Birthday Party. Not a Hawaiian Party. (however, she might not know the difference!) One reason is because we will be going on a DCL in April 2004. We make a big deal when it comes to the kids birthday parties. We ask the invited guests to dress in relation to the theme..i.e. two years ago we had a Princess Party. All the girls (6 in total) arrived in various princess outfits. I wrote a story that took them on a journey around our house and yard. They would find items (necklaces, crowns, wands, even a cape for each girl) and the story would continue to the next item. It is a lot of work, but fun. Our kids can remember every Birthday Party and their theme.

Well, she wants Bahamian!! Any ideas?

I don't have any ideas that are "Bahamian specific" but last year when my DD turned 8 she wanted a Hawaiian party...We made TONS of those tissue paper flowers in bright colors and put them everywhere in our yard...(keep in mind this was the last week in September so there were no bright fresh flowers around...the only thing available was mums...not very Hawaiian)We also had tiki torches, a sand pile, grilled chicken and pineapple salad, fruit salad, Dole Whips, and a "beach party" cake decorated with blue frosting, graham cracker crumbs for sand, and little teddy grahams looking like they were playing on the beach. It was really fun. The kids played in the sand, blew bubbles, played with beach balls, and had a pinata. Oriental Trading company www.orientaltrading.com had lots of fun party stuff too.

HTH!
Candi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter