B.Y.O.B Question?

luv2vacation

Mouseketeer
I know there has been meny of threads with the question of B.Y.O.B. I know DCL will allow this. I was wonder if any knows if Carnival allows this to happen to? I group of moms (nine) are going away for Mother's Day weekend on Carnival. Can we bring liquor, wine etc? Thank you for all your help!! I know this is DCL board but my fellow friend here on the board will know the answer. Thank you for all the help!!:bounce: :bounce:

Hi,
I have only been on one Carnival cruise. On the one and only we were told no booze. You could put in your suit case, which my daughter did. She mixed her drinks in her room. They didn't allow you to carry it on like Disney does.
Things might be different now this was a few years ago.
hope this helps,
thatmom

From www.carnival.com/FAQ/FAQDetail.asp?Id=3

<b>What are your alcohol and consumption policies?</b>

Guests are prohibited from bringing beverages of any kind (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) on board the ship for consumption. This includes: sodas, juices and bottled water.

However, we will make the following exception: If guests are celebrating a special occassion on board, they may bring ONE sealed bottle of wine or champagne per cabin. If the wine and/or champagne are brought to the Dining Room for consumption, a $10.00 corkage fee will be charged to the guest. Otherwise, the guest may drink the wine and/or champagne in the privacy of their cabin only. It may not be brought into any public lounge or room.

<b><u>Alcohol purchased in a port-of-call:</u></b> Alcoholic beverages purchased in any port-of-call will be appropriated at the gangway and stored onboard until the last night of the cruise, upon which it will be delivered to the guest’s cabin.

On our first Carnival cruise we had a bottle of liquor in our carry on which was confiscated. On our next Carnival cruise we packed it with our regular luggage and had not problem getting it on board. Of course this is at your own risk but IMHO the worst that happens is they take it away and return it at the end of your trip.

My husband and I recently went on a 3 night Carnival Cruise out of Miami. I purchased and packed some mini's (small plastic bottles of vodka and rum) along with bottles of coke and 7up. They were packed in our checked luggage and we never had problem just make sure you put them in double zip locked bags, just incase of leakage!

Good Luck!
Lisa:smooth:

To Buckaroo's Dad--No It is not an AA group. But, after five days without kids and husbands we might need to go to AA after :eek: Were going to have FUN in the SUN!!

To Lisa-- We were thinking about putting in our luggage. If we do it will be in a ziplock bag.

We were wondering do they check your carry on bags real good?

To Lisa-- We were thinking about putting in our luggage. If we do it will be in a ziplock bag

I always put all things containing liquid in a ziplock bag.

They definitely screen and even search carry on bags. The couple in front of us had a bottle of vodka confiscated from their carry on. All of our alcohol was in our checked luggage and we had no problems at all. When in the room we just hid it behind a stack of clothes in the closet.

Have fun!

Lisa

Hi luv2vacation!

after five days without kids and husbands we might need to go to AA

beerchug.gif

Thanks everyone for all the help. I will let you know what happens when I get back. Leaving in 2 weeks. Thanks!!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter