• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani Trip Reports PLEASE!!

My DH and I are going in April next year. Does anyone know if you can use your Disney Visa Reward Dollars there?

Yes. In fact that's how we paid for dinner at Ama Ama. (so glad I didn't pay actual money....way overpriced there.)

I also used a Disney gift card at the gift shop to buy an Aulani windbreaker type coat.

I am here in Aulani. It is a beautiful resort! Much nicer than the pictures. A couple of things I thought I would mention. Refillable mugs are now $18. The brown embossed Dooney and Bourke bags were delivered on Monday. . They still had about 6 today.
They also had the wristlet and shoulder sling (white). Infinity hot tub is amazing. There are 2 levels. Water slides (tube and body) are both great. You get a 10% DVC discount for the rainbow reef experience. The water is kept colder than pools and ocean. Makahiki buffet was very good - both breakfast and dinner. Beach chairs are free. Everyone here is so nice. We are having a great time! Aloha!

Michelle

Thanks for the info. I have a few questions...dunno if you would know:

1. Thought the beach chairs cost money...are they not enforcing the charges?

2. Is there an age limit/height restriction on the slides?

Glad to know the refillable mug is not $33 anymore. Holy smokes, that was way overpriced. Thanks!

The 2 water slides do have a height minimum, but the 2 in the kids area only have height maximums. The bigger slides have a Disney employee making sure rules are followed at the top of the slide. The only time I saw them enforce the the height maximum in the kid area was when some teens were being loud and running. Otherwise, there is no one in the kid area to police the area. I went down every time with my 2 yr old. (as did most parents of little ones LOL!)

I think there is some confusion about the beach chairs. The typical beach loungers were free when we were (same kind used at the pool I think) but the wood fancy chairs (with umbrellas) were not free. And umbrellas were not free at all, unless you lucked out and got one of the few freestanding wood ones that are permanent fixtures at the lagoon.

Some questions:

Is it a character buffet for both breakfast and dinner?

Are there are DVC or TIW food/ merchandise/ activity discounts?

Is there any child care for a toddler of 2 1/2?

What nights is the outdoor show performed?

Thanks and keep having a great trip!

Some questions:

There is no DVC or TIW food or merchandise discount. I visited again tonight, and Cast Member said nothing is in effect, but may have a discount "next year."

The standard lounge chairs at the pools and beach are free. As are the permanent umbrellas.

The fancier wood lounge chairs on the beach, have a fold up/down canopy, and they will place a cushion on it for you. I've seen people using them without paying when the beach is not busy. I think it would be uncomfortable laying on the wood planks without the cushion.

There are permanent umbrellas in some spots, but the paid one's are placed where you want to set up on the beach, by the beach attendants.

This is the first time I heard there was a DVC discount for the reef experience. As of 9/17, there wasn't a discount.

Confirmed that the refillable mugs are $18.99 now. They knocked $14.00 off!

3a557eb3.jpg

Update on parking fees. This is what I spotted in the self-parking lot tonight. I usually walk through the gate area. Tonight we walked through the area to the parking lot elevators.

Note the sign says DVC members 2 vehicles free per reservation.

I guess the Valet Cast members weren't concentrating to hard when I showed them my DVC membership card, BUT NO room key card on Opening Day, or on 9/16/11 when I daytripped for lunch.

6b63839a.jpg

d1d2df41.jpg

Responding to an earlier question about the hospitality room for late check outs/flights. The room is open from 8 am to 8 pm, and then the doors are locked.

The computers are touch screen, and you can do online check in and print boarding passes for free. No web surfing.

Two televisions to watch, several sofas and chairs, and lots of outlets to plug in your laptops or anything else that needs battery charging.

Showers, towels, toilets, and swimsuit spinner to dry out your wet bathing suit. Showers have shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.

There is no Cast Member attendant, so if you need help, go next door to the Community Hall Center.

I have no room in my signature space for an additional ticker but we will be there from October 2-7th! I'll bring back info.

I went from 9/13-9/17 and there was the DVC discount for excursions. I got 10% off my snorkeling in the reef. They had a list of things that you could get a discount with your DVC card. A few things were off site though. No food discounts that I remember. But I did ask a few times when I ordered just to be sure. I also used my Disney rewards card in the Kalepa store with no problem.

There is no DVC or TIW food or merchandise discount. I visited again tonight, and Cast Member said nothing is in effect, but may have a discount "next year."

The standard lounge chairs at the pools and beach are free. As are the permanent umbrellas.

The fancier wood lounge chairs on the beach, have a fold up/down canopy, and they will place a cushion on it for you. I've seen people using them without paying when the beach is not busy. I think it would be uncomfortable laying on the wood planks without the cushion.

There are permanent umbrellas in some spots, but the paid one's are placed where you want to set up on the beach, by the beach attendants.

This is the first time I heard there was a DVC discount for the reef experience. As of 9/17, there wasn't a discount.

Confirmed that the refillable mugs are $18.99 now. They knocked $14.00 off!

3a557eb3.jpg

They have different shows different nights but I assume you are talking about the Starlit Hui. I think it is on Mondays and Thursdays. We arrived on a Tuesday and had a planned luau on Thursday already so didn't get to see it :( Heard it is great though.

Some questions:

Is it a character buffet for both breakfast and dinner?

Is there any child care for a toddler of 2 1/2?

What nights is the outdoor show performed?

Thanks and keep having a great trip!

Has anyone participated in the craft activities in the Community Hall? What can you make there?

Has anyone participated in the craft activities in the Community Hall? What can you make there?

My wife did the free Lei making class and enjoyed it. She also did the free jewelry making class where they made bracelets.

Pau-Room-16.jpg

Pau-Room-17.jpg

That looks like so much fun!!! Do you have an pictures of the bracelet?
Thank you!

They make them out of the Kukui Nut and also ask you to think of a word that will remind you of Hawaii. My wife chose flower, which is "Pua" in 'Olelo.

Pau-Room-18.JPG

The options change. You can take a look at a week's worth of the daily 'IWA to get an idea. The ones I posted on the site are from September 4-10, so they should only be used a reference.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-resorts/aulani-hawaii-resort/#iwa

Just FYI, we stayed for a week and never received any daily 'Iwa. In fact we didn't know it existed untill hearing about it on the podcast. We stayed on DVC points so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I suppose you could go ask for one....but that's only if you know it exists to begin with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter