Aulani Trip Reports PLEASE!!

Snorkel gear sold across the street at the ABC Country Store (along with groceries).

806c627b.jpg

$12.99 for a basic set.

e8a2bcbe.jpg

And higher for fancier sets.

73516d53.jpg

10/15/11 the sign on the Beach Shack now reads:

5c9de27f.jpg

Thanks for this info. That stinks that they took away the $99 package! We used this for our 3 teenagers for 3 1/2 days out of our 5 there. They each used it 1-2 times each day and tried the snorkeling once. I guess this will just save us money the next time we are in Aulani since maybe I will let them each Paddle Board twice at $30 each time.

I'm still trying to clarify the self-park situation. Can guests with a DVC reservation park for free?
I am not a DVC member. I am renting points and staying in a DVC villa. It is not clear if free self-park is offered on all DVC reservations or exclusive to "card holding" DVC members.
Have any non-DVC members stayed in a DVC room? Did you use the parking?
Thanks for sharing your info.

I just got back from there. I am not a DVC member, but I stayed there using my parent's DVC Points. Self-parking was free. I just had to use my room key to get in and out of the garage.

that was an awesome video
well with watching
makes you want to book a trip

FYI: WE just got back from Aulani on Sunday. Disney seemed to realize that the mug price was way too high. The price is now 18.99 (maybe 17.99, can' remember). But, much more reasonable, and the mugs are much nicer than the WDW refillable mugs.

We have a trip booked for January :yay:. I was wondering if anyone knew if and where the Disney Rewards from Visa were accepted at Aulani.

Disney Visa Rewards are accepted most places at Aulani. Gift shop, restaurants, or you can use your room key as a charge card and pay up at the end with Disney Rewards. Easy.

Disney Visa Rewards are accepted most places at Aulani. Gift shop, restaurants, or you can use your room key as a charge card and pay up at the end with Disney Rewards. Easy.

That's what we did last week. We put all charges on the room then the night prior to check out went down with rewards card and put it on the room. Very easy.

My word of advice: if you want to avoid the crowds, go to Hanauma Bay early. Bring a wetsuit (shorty) if you get cold in the water. My wife and I were two of maybe four who wore them (among a crowd of many), but we were very glad we did. The bus load of people start coming in around 9am, so if you want to secure a good spot, go early.

Personally, I was not impressed. The thing to note is that with so many visitors, you're not going to see live corals just steps from the water. Yes, you see some fish (very beautiful indeed), but I have seen much more in other islands.

Thanks for the info on Hanauma. I'll give it a try. Funny thing is, on Tripadvisor, the reviewers give it either 1 star or 5 stars!

DisneyDawn17 and wink13,

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like the same thing as being on the Disney Cruise, which was nice having to only carry the room key card. Are the rewards accepted at the spa too?

Thanks again

Hi guys,
I'm looking for reviews of the Disney excursions offered.......does anyone know where I can find these?!
Debx;)

Just for clarification on Rainbow Reef: length of stay means that if you're there for a week, you just pay once and you can go there any time that week?

Thank you for all of the wonderful pictures & info!!! We'll be going this December. :cloud9:

Hi All,

We were there this past week 11/19-26 and had a BLAST!

It is obvious there are still some kinks to work out on the food-end because generally the food service was slower than expected and it was hard to get in at Ama Ama or Makahiki for Dinner all week. I talked to several CMs and they are still making changes and seem genuinely receptive to all feedback.

The facility exceeds expectations on all fronts with the entire family having the time of our lives.

I will try to post a TR soon,

Highs: Entire Waikolohe Valley, Aunties Beach House

Lows: Food service needs more Disney touch and more food options needed.

I would still give Aulani 4.5/5 stars

Help please! Will be at Aulani in Jan. What is the cheapest way to get from the airport to the Aulani Resort. I will be traveling by myself, and heard it was around $65.00 for a cab ride.
:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter