Aulani Trip Reports PLEASE!!

Help please! Will be at Aulani in Jan. What is the cheapest way to get from the airport to the Aulani Resort. I will be traveling by myself, and heard it was around $65.00 for a cab ride.
:yay:

If you happen to rent a car from Alamo at the airport, you will be able to shop for food or groceries 5 minutes down the road in Kapolei. There is Target, Costco, and many other shopping and dining options.

Renting a car at the airport one way, and dropping it at Aulani may be much cheaper than a taxi, shuttle, or town car.

DVC members have free parking. Regular guest get charged $35 a night for parking.

Help please! Will be at Aulani in Jan. What is the cheapest way to get from the airport to the Aulani Resort. I will be traveling by myself, and heard it was around $65.00 for a cab ride.
:yay:

I used Hawaii Transport Services and the owner/drivers name is Dean. For my family of 3 it was $63 each way. Dean was very reliable and I can highly recommend him. If you want his number and email, send me a PM. I'm not sure I can post it on here. Honestly, I don't think you will find a ride for much less.

Another renting option you could look into.
I believe Aulani now has a rental office right onsight for daily rentals. You could look into renting at airport and dropping off at Aulani.
If you're not planning on traveling while on the island it might just be worth paying a little extra to have a driver waiting to drive you after that long flight ; )

As a local resident and DVC owner, I went to show friends around the hotel on Monday, March 18th.

I previously posted in this thread that parking is $35 for visitors or non-DVC reservations guests.

The bell desk no longer accepts a $35 merchandise purchase from Kalepa's Store or Lava Shack for free validation. They only accept $35 food and drink purchases from one of the restaurants or bars.

Aulani sure is making itself less welcoming when it comes to charging exorbitant fees just to visit or dine.

One other note, more rooms have been made available for guests. However, the resort was very empty on Sunday night.

There is a new counter service restaurant being built next to the shave ice stand. I believe that is the location, as a "pardon our construction" wall has been placed in that area.

I forgot to check if the founder's tiles have been installed yet.

No new merchandise in the store. Same prices.

Jeff, I just received a letter today from Aulani, informing me of the construction when I visit in May. Will the location of the construction impede us of enjoying certain amenities?
Thanks, Laurie

Jeff, I just received a letter today from Aulani, informing me of the construction when I visit in May. Will the location of the construction impede us of enjoying certain amenities?
Thanks, Laurie

I haven't received a letter but I'm curious now since I will also be there in May..

I wasn't aware of the construction so Thank You for the heads up

From what I've read, the construction is near the Shave Ice stand. I've been to Aulani. The stand is in a busy area, near the observation windows for Rainbow Reef and the bathrooms. But I don't think construction there will interfere with anything.

Not at all. Ever since the grand opening, they've been tweaking things here and there around the Waikolohe Valley (swimming pool areas). Basically moving the towel stand, and fixing the concrete around flower bedding areas.

On Monday 3/19/12 when I was there, there was a wall put up near the shave ice stand. Blocking off where there were tables, chairs, and umbrellas. My best guess is this is where the new food stand will be added.

As far as the hotel, there is still construction in some of the rooms not yet released for use, mainly in one of the wings that remains closed. The other BBQ/picnic area has not yet opened.

Everything else is open.

Thanks Jeff, we are bringing family with us and I have been raving about how beautiful Aulani looks from the pics I have seen. So I was disappointed when I received the letter today but it sounds like it won't affect us.

Izzy pooh, your welcome and your letter is probably on its way. :)

We just made our reservations for May. When making the reservation they told me that the Adult Pool will be under construction and unavailable for use during our stay. Having never been there before I am not sure how much this will disrupt our trip? Also Does anyone have any tips for standard studios placement, food or things to do while we (2 adults) are there?

We just made our reservations for May. When making the reservation they told me that the Adult Pool will be under construction and unavailable for use during our stay. Having never been there before I am not sure how much this will disrupt our trip? Also Does anyone have any tips for standard studios placement, food or things to do while we (2 adults) are there?

There are several threads on the DVC Resorts board concerning Aulani. You should find some helpful info. in this one. Lots of pics, maps & descriptions. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907389

There are threads about car rentals and dining too.

just go to the Aulani web site and you can pull up the latest IWA

The web site has good info on the reno's taking place. We bought into DVC in Nov 2011 with Aulani as our home resort. Spent 10 days there Feb 2013, 2 bedroom villa with ocean view. We were nervous at how the construction would impact our stay. However, we loved everything about it. Yes, there was construction going on, but they manage it very well, and it had a very minimal impact on us. We even had cabanas for 2 days, and they back right onto the construction site, and we were not bothered. It should not discourage anyone from going if you have the chance. ALSO: Hint: walk along the shoreline away from Aulani going north(?), past the next resort, and you will see seals and turtles, we even saw locals bring in octopus they were going to have for lunch. Amazing but be careful on the coral and rocks!

The web site has good info on the reno's taking place. ALSO: Hint: walk along the shoreline away from Aulani going north(?), past the next resort, and you will see seals and turtles, we even saw locals bring in octopus they were going to have for lunch. Amazing but be careful on the coral and rocks!

Thank you for the hint! Also, can you provide Aulani's web address, idk why I can't find it. I reserved 10/22-29 and MS told me to go to the resort website to book the spa. My confirmation included the following info:
RESORT CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY MAY BE VISIBLE DURING YOUR STAY
That seems like a pretty long construction period for counter service updates doesn't it? Or did I miss some other announcement?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter