August W.I.S.H.Thread: Awesome August

Returned from vaca today, thankfully Fred only caused a little turbulence on the way to FL and Henri is currently giving us a tropical storm warning. Very thankful it is due in tomorrow and didnt delay our return. As awesome as vaca was momma is TIRED! Right now they are forecasting mostly wind for us....glad we had our generator serviced a few weeks ago.
Tried to make healthy choices on vaca but kind of failed miserably. Closest I came was ordering mostly kids meals so the portions were smaller. But it was food and wine so I did have to get a bit of both. Was not as thrilled with the donut as i thought I'd be and they ran out of corrsicle flutes but man the key lime mimosa *chef's kiss" highly recommended if you find yourself in epcot and the servicing size was perfect! Large enough to savor but small enough to not feel guilty.
Cheers all! Stay safe this weekend east coasters
20210820_200755.jpg

Returned from vaca today, thankfully Fred only caused a little turbulence on the way to FL and Henri is currently giving us a tropical storm warning. Very thankful it is due in tomorrow and didnt delay our return. As awesome as vaca was momma is TIRED! Right now they are forecasting mostly wind for us....glad we had our generator serviced a few weeks ago.
Glad you were able to make it there and back avoiding weather issues. My husband always says he needs a vacation from the vacation when we return from WDW because it’s so tiring. Sounds like you had a great time! Welcome back 😊

Woke up to steady rain and looks like it going to continue through the day. Great day to just relax! I plan to do a workout, enjoy virtual church, meal prep, read, and watch a movie (we started the Divergent movies, so today would be the second one). Enjoy your Sunday! Praying for those in Henri’s path!

Yesterday, I was fortunate to get in my classroom for two hours. My school is an emergency shelter, so the custodians were setting up for that while DH and I moved furniture and set up my technology. Much of my furniture is not on wheels, and without DH, I could not have set up my classroom. Unfortunately, my dramatic play kitchen furniture was tossed:(. When I got home, I put a play kitchen in my Amazon cart. I am NOT depriving my kindergartners of pretend play. I will figure out a safe way to do it. There's still much to do, but I feel much more in control about it all now. I still have a headache, but I believe it is less about stress and more about the impending hurricane. My new custodian is a very nice guy, and I plan on giving him a gift card to Dunkin Donuts to thank him for allowing DH and I to come in when the school was supposed to be closed.

We are still okay, just rain right now. All of the flashlights, hurricane oil lamps, and candles are set up. Our battery operated fans have new batteries. We skipped grocery shopping since we lost a full refrigerator/freezer of food during our last storm. I filled all of our tervis tumblers and corkcicles with water and put them in the freezer to serve as ice which can later be used for drinking water. We have one package of frozen chicken which can be barbecued post storm, non-perishable foods, larger water dispensers, and bottled water ready to go. Our vehicles are gassed up, and our grill's propane tank is full. The sump pump and other pumps are all set, and as long as we have power, they will work.

My prayer is that we don't lose power, but we are prepared for such an event.

My biggest concern is my family on Long Island. They are already in bad shape.

Last edited:
Holding everyone in the storms way in my thoughts.

Spent yesterday doing odds and ends. Thursday night I accidentally wore my Fitbit to bed and the sleep monitoring gave me just a ‘fair’ ranking, so I’ve been switching some things up in my bedroom and the past two nights have been in the ‘good’ range.

Friday I found out someone I used to work with is coming back as a Manager in my group. I have very mixed feelings about her as there was a lot of drama surrounding her and a lot of people felt they got burned by her. Overall I had an ok working relationship but don’t trust her, and I’ve been obsessing about it since I heard. Fortunately she won’t be in my immediate engineering area so most of the people who have history with her won’t have to interact. I did give my boss, who hired her, some feedback. But reintroducing to her is going to be awkward.

more odds and ends to attend to today. Take care everyone.

Storm seems to be mostly over here. Less than an inch of rain but a lot of wind. Did all the vaca laundry...should have started last night but I was too tired.
DH ended up working today from our dining room...glad he was still kind of on vaca otherwise he would have gone into the office. Life in a media family is never quiet.
Being lazy for dinner tonight, hotdogs...needed something I could cook on the microwave on case we were on generator.
Hope everyone on the east coast is making out ok and all the teachers are getting psyched for school.

Storm seems to be mostly over here. Less than an inch of rain but a lot of wind. Did all the vaca laundry...should have started last night but I was too tired.
DH ended up working today from our dining room...glad he was still kind of on vaca otherwise he would have gone into the office. Life in a media family is never quiet.
Being lazy for dinner tonight, hotdogs...needed something I could cook on the microwave on case we were on generator.
Hope everyone on the east coast is making out ok and all the teachers are getting psyched for school.
So far, so good as far as the storm goes. We're doing hot dogs too.
I am so NOT psyched for school, lol.

Back from a lovely weekend where I mostly ate healthy! It was so good to catch up with friends. Really tired as neither DH nor I slept all that great (the bed was super comfy, just no curtains to block the gorgeous view of the lake--that sun comes up awful early!). An hour was added to our drive home due to construction. Five hours in the car is a long time!!! And we're going back to Seattle next weekend!!! We are gluttons for punishment!

Let's all have a super healthy week!!

Getting back into the school routine will help me stay on track. Yesterday I prepped salads with grilled chicken, hard boiled eggs, and snack bags of fruits & veggies to take to school with me. Official first day for teachers is Wednesday. That usually means meetings all day. But I also have a math training today and then will continue to work on setting up my classroom. Kindergarten orientation is Thursday. Trying to get up earlier and do my workout first thing.

Good morning. We had a pretty good weekend. I got a ton done on Saturday including an hour walk with a few friends. We also had family friends over that night. They are finally having a baby. I am so excited for them. They are more like family. They have been trying and have had a few miscarriages. She is due in February and things are going good.

Yesterday was DD's 14th birthday. She really wanted to the lake/beach so we went and took a friend of hers. We spent about 2-3 hours there. This is not my favorite place and not sure which friend told her about it. But she is my beach girl. Me not so much. I hate the sand. But I love her so we have gone twice in a week. The good news is she was out in the sun a lot yesterday and didn't even need sunglasses. With the concussion she has had a lot of light sensitivity and even has been wearing sunglasses in the house. She is making huge strides now. It was a low key birthday because that is what she wanted. She doesn't understand why we make a big deal about it. It is just another day is what she told me. So we did a bit of both. Low key but still sang her happy birthday.

2 more days until school starts. Then my schedule finally gets a bit better. At least no practice in the middle of the day while we are working.

I am glad to hear that everyone weather the storm this weekend. I was thinking about all of you while I was keeping up with the updates.

Happy Monday.

Yesterday I did a good thing... I got 10,000 steps for the first time in forever. I started with a walk in the park along the water, and since that involves going down hill it also involves going back up, which wasn't horrible but is definitely something I need to do more of. I fully expected my accomplishment to be reflected on the scale this morning and it was, as a +2 lbs. What?!?!!? I'm sure it is just a fluke and will come right off.

Motivation this week is getting deeper in to some stuff. In my counseling session Friday we started getting into attachment theory and childhood stuff, so heavier topics than we have been going over. It will be interesting to take a new look at childhood within the frame of ADHD. I also want to get deeper into better balancing my nutrition and deeper into to walking by increasing my daily steps above last week's 5000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!