August 2021 - will I be going ?

NickKelly55

Earning My Ears
Flights rebooked as had to postpone family trip last year . Will we be allowed to travel do you thick and Will Disney and Universal be open ? What’s people’s predictions ?
Traveling out 1 Aug 21

So Disney and Universal have been open for months so that isn't your concern at all they will definitely be open (assuming you are meaning Florida - California is a mmmm at the moment). In terms of travelling I honestly don't know any more. Some days I'm positive by then we will be at the end and starting to travel again and some days I look at my November trip and think I need to rearrange. I personally don't see anything moving until around June but I think once things start up like flights it will be a very quick return so I guess if you would be comfortable in August with the restrictions as they are now i.e. masks in the parks, no fastpasses, low capacity etc then I think there's a good chance. I can't see the restrictions on masks and other aspects being lifted this year in all honesty but I do think that Biden will look at reopening at some point this year

Disney just extended the "wish you were here" till June but still with September dates. So they seem confident people will be back at the end of the year. August...not sure. I'm hopeful for my November trip.

I personally feel like once Biden visits the UK in June, things may begin to open (or at least we'll start to hear more things about borders). I take the media with a pinch of salt at times but there was an article yesterday talking about possible electronic "vaccine passports" which could be a move in the right direction. If you feel confident waiting it out almost then just try to stay positive - that's what I'm doing as we're due to go at the start of Oct 🤞🏻

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210210-095152~2.png
    Screenshot_20210210-095152~2.png
    242.9 KB · Views: 17

If you're travelling with kids vaccination passports won't be any good though as they won't be vaccinated.
The gov has said that the "passports" won't be a thing, but they tend to go back on most things they say.
I'm just hoping that what they're doing with the pfizer vaccine gap doesn't cause significant problems and that we'll be able to set up travel corridors with countries that have their stuff together. Fingers crossed their plan to vaccinate themselves out of this mess without addressing bigger issues works. Unfortunately I don't think that USA will be at travel corridor stage too soon.

I'd be happy to go anywhere at this point. Israel's looking pretty good :-)

I’ve also got a booking for August but it’s DVC and so I can cancel up to 31 days before.
Flights I can move up to 1 year forward and tickets I can return for next years tickets by paying difference.
I was fairly confident but time is really ticking on now and it’s about 50/50, really need to see the numbers in hospital come down a lot which might be the case in about May/Jun
Main problem I can see is these variants, it might mean we need vaccination boosters which might not be available until Autumn

The UK government line today (as voiced by the Transport Secretary) is:
"Please don't go ahead and book holidays. I simply don't know the answer to the question of where we'll be up to this summer.
"It's too early to give that information. The best advice to people is: do nothing at this stage."

They are getting a lot of flak for it, but really it's just (at last) some honesty - nobody knows how this will play out yet. The SA variant is worrisome, but if a variant appears and spreads that makes the current vaccines only, say, 30% effective then there will be continued restrictions until tweaked vaccines are produced. That will be months, not weeks.

I think the biggest issue with some of us is that we moved holidays rather than booking new ones. I certainly wouldn't be looking to book another holiday abroad any time soon but for example I have cruise credit that I'm having to put on a cruise because its only ATOL protected once added to a specific cruise. This has meant I have had to predict when things might reopen and every day it seems things look worse so I have ended up with June and September bookings that now look unlikely.

tickets I can return for next years tickets by paying difference.
Is this standard WDW policy? Did you buy on US or U.K. site? Daughter and I have APs, but I want to buy tickets for my son, so we can get APRs for him and I am trying to work out the best way to do it, whilst minimising the risk, in case our trip gets cancelled again. Thank you.

Is this standard WDW policy? Did you buy on US or U.K. site? Daughter and I have APs, but I want to buy tickets for my son, so we can get APRs for him and I am trying to work out the best way to do it, whilst minimising the risk, in case our trip gets cancelled again. Thank you.
Hi.....these were 14 day tickets on AttractionsDirect, so not Annual passes, sorry

Honestly I am not feeling optimistic about our August trip ( supposed to fly 27th July )

I didn't think it may be possible to travel but I think there will be a lot of associated logistics and extra organisation involved. I am not willing to take multiple tests and I also think that quarantine will be required on return. 😞 We have a cruise booked midway through our trip so would potentially have to take even more tests / admin for that part.

I really do hope I am wrong as we have planned this for ages and with older teens, it's possiblity the last year they will want to holiday with us.

my daughter and son in law have 16 days booked at WDW for August 2021.
For about a month, my son in law has been saying they need to cancel.
Today my daughter final gave me the ok for me to cancel the DVC booking..
so that's it...
WDW 2021 isn't going to happen for anyone in my family....
hopefully, 2022 will actually come to pass...

I am currently booked for near end of August but I think I am going to have to let it go as not enough certainty when balance will be due in May and my grown up kids have said they dont want to go wearing masks. I also have a deposit for myself and 2 of the kids at Xmas but that will depend on their uni timetable and we wont know that until the school leaving exams situation is sorted out. If that runs late they will have January exams so not really practical to go on holiday at Xmas. Looking like May/June 2022 for us potentially. Cant even book that yet with any confidence until uni timetable is sorted sadly.

I am currently booked for near end of August but I think I am going to have to let it go as not enough certainty when balance will be due in May and my grown up kids have said they dont want to go wearing masks. I also have a deposit for myself and 2 of the kids at Xmas but that will depend on their uni timetable and we wont know that until the school leaving exams situation is sorted out. If that runs late they will have January exams so not really practical to go on holiday at Xmas. Looking like May/June 2022 for us potentially. Cant even book that yet with any confidence until uni timetable is sorted sadly.

the CEO of disney apparently just said there would probably be masks for most of 2021.....
i'm so tired of masks, i don't think i'd be able to manage it in orlando summer weather

editing to add an article
https://www.wwltv.com/article/enter...orts that Disney CEO,not be necessary in 2022.

the CEO of disney apparently just said there would probably be masks for most of 2021.....
Reading the DFB article it was a little nuanced:-
"But Chapek confirmed that the expectation is to have some level of mask wearing and social distancing through the end of this year."
"Chapek did state that “a game changer would be if everyone who wants a vaccine can get a vaccine in April,” "

"some level"? If they drop the mask requirement to "Indoor/enclosed spaces" I think I could live with that ... well, holiday with that :)
I'm going to sit on my reservation for Oct and not book a flight for at least a few months yet.

I’ve also got a booking for August but it’s DVC and so I can cancel up to 31 days before.
Flights I can move up to 1 year forward and tickets I can return for next years tickets by paying difference.
I was fairly confident but time is really ticking on now and it’s about 50/50, really need to see the numbers in hospital come down a lot which might be the case in about May/Jun
Main problem I can see is these variants, it might mean we need vaccination boosters which might not be available until Autumn
Thanks for sharing the ticket info in the following post. I’d be interested to know who those flights are booked with if you wouldn’t mind sharing as we’re going to book a December DVC trip and that security around flights and park tickets would be great.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the ticket info in the following post. I’d be interested to know who those flights are booked with if you wouldn’t mind sharing as we’re going to book a December DVC trip and that security around flights and park tickets would be great.
Hi- it was Lufthansa, as the prices were reasonable we did book premium economy, so not sure if all flights have that option.
To be fair I should have booked fully refundable flights but never mind we will be going next year as I need to use up my DVC points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts