August 2021 - will I be going ?

Hi- it was Lufthansa, as the prices were reasonable we did book premium economy, so not sure if all flights have that option.
To be fair I should have booked fully refundable flights but never mind we will be going next year as I need to use up my DVC points.
Great info. Thank you for sharing. We’ve been looking at booking with BA (got lots of Avios points to use) but I’ll double check the refund/rearrangement options.

I'm second guessing making a booking for October next year!

I'm praying that I'm wrong but I'm a worrier and with the current situation I can't help but think even next year might be a no go 😢

I'm praying that I'm wrong but I'm a worrier and with the current situation I can't help but think even next year might be a no go 😢
I wish I could say you are worrying unnecessarily ... but I don't think I can. :(
You'd think we'd be on top of it by then, but with all the vaccine refuseniks and variants popping up all over, almost anything is possible.

Another announcement today that the park pass reservation being continued until January 2023 😢

It's good in one way as they will have reduced park numbers but when you're trying to plan for a big group with first timers 🤯

Another announcement today that the park pass reservation being continued until January 2023 😢

It's good in one way as they will have reduced park numbers but when you're trying to plan for a big group with first timers 🤯

Was this officially announced or are people assuming its being continued because the new release of 2022 hotel stays mentioned the park booking system? I wasn't sure if it was an assumption more than an announcement as have only seen officially through 21. I had assumed that Disney would start with it in place in case they need to use it but then somewhere along the way get rid of it so never actually make an official announcement type thing

Was this officially announced or are people assuming its being continued because the new release of 2022 hotel stays mentioned the park booking system? I wasn't sure if it was an assumption more than an announcement as have only seen officially through 21. I had assumed that Disney would start with it in place in case they need to use it but then somewhere along the way get rid of it so never actually make an official announcement type thing
you can see in the park pass system that it has been extended to january 14 2023..
it doesn't mean that it will actually be in use then, but the system has been extended to then...

meanwhile, i still haven't canceled my daughter and son-in-law's august 2021 reservation (it's in my DVC account which is why i'm the one who has to cancel it)..
i just can't bring myself to do it.....
it's too painful..
am i completely crazy?????????????????

you can see in the park pass system that it has been extended to january 14 2023..
it doesn't mean that it will actually be in use then, but the system has been extended to then...

Ah OK so there's a chance its just them future proofing rather than actually saying it will be in place then I guess. Its easier for them to have it in place and then cancel it later on that not have it.

meanwhile, i still haven't canceled my daughter and son-in-law's august 2021 reservation (it's in my DVC account which is why i'm the one who has to cancel it)..
i just can't bring myself to do it.....
it's too painful..
am i completely crazy?????????????????

We all are! You aren't alone and I still am not sure whether things will suddenly look better in a few months or not.

We are booked 7 of us for July 2021 - I am not holiday out much hope, to be honest I would rather just transfer it to 2022 but Tui will charge us £50pp to do that now so told me to just wait until the final balance was due in May 2021 as they may be able to postpone it for free if the restrictions prevented the holiday going ahead anyway

We are booked 7 of us for July 2021 - I am not holiday out much hope, to be honest I would rather just transfer it to 2022 but Tui will charge us £50pp to do that now so told me to just wait until the final balance was due in May 2021 as they may be able to postpone it for free if the restrictions prevented the holiday going ahead anyway

Defo do this. We were due to go to Mexico at Christmas with tui, even when we paid our balance we knew it was 99% chance of getting cancelled. They cancelled it and offered us a good value credit towards rebooking something. I decided not to use the credit as already had things booked this year so requested s refund and it took less than a week to be in our account. Very impressed

I am based in the U.K. and becoming more confident our June/July trip will go ahead. By then we will be vaccinated. Difficult to see why we wouldn’t be allowed to travel.
If only vaccines were that magic bullet.
This is a section from a BBC News item a few days ago (link to full article at the bottom):
"Scientific concerns
The main scientific issues are around how long immunity lasts and whether vaccines will protect against new variants.
It's difficult to say how long a vaccine passport should be valid for if it's not known how long the protection conferred by the jabs hang around for.
And it will need to be clear whether all the vaccines in use protect against every new variant - especially if people are travelling to parts of the world where the dominant strain is different from the one in their home country.

The vaccine is proving to be very good at protecting people from becoming ill with coronavirus.
But there are still questions around how much it stops people carrying the virus and transmitting it to others.
Understanding this will be important if vaccination status becomes a pass to mix more freely with others, Prof Christopher Dye, an epidemiologist at the University of Oxford who contributed to the report, explained.
He said the only vaccine currently mandated for travel around the world is yellow fever - and there is only one type of vaccine available, it's highly effective, and confers lifelong protection.
The Covid-19 vaccines are not currently in such a "comfortable" spot, he said.
"

Full article:
Covid vaccine passports could discriminate, experts warn

Difficult to see why we wouldn’t be allowed to travel.
Despite my post above I am hopeful that as both the UK and US are pushing fast with vaccinations we might see a travel corridor between us by the summer.
But I'm still not putting money on an airfare yet.

I'm getting slight more hopeful for our end of August/September trip. A couple of weeks back i'd given up hope, but now as it seems we might get the vaccine sometime in June (possibly...maybe......), we may get to go if a travel corridor is agreed between governments....

Despite my post above I am hopeful that as both the UK and US are pushing fast with vaccinations we might see a travel corridor between us by the summer.
But I'm still not putting money on an airfare yet.

I do think travel will be possible . However I think the test before we leave the UK will be required and then the test requirements to travel back to the UK , if they stay the same as they are now then it's a test in USA and 2 more tests in the UK.

I have already priced up the tests and it's almost £2000 for our family of 5. We really want to go on the trip but no way am I willing to pay that .

Good news in UK as all adults will be vaccinated by July 31st.

problem will be if USA still wants testing and quarantine, maybe some special relationship can be arranged?
NoOTE]

No they won't. They'll have been offered their first dose. Twelve weeks after that is October.

Vaccination agreements depend on if a) other countries accept UK not administering vaccines as recommended by the manufacturers (but we'll have more info on how Pfizer will pan out then) and b) they work out what to do about children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter