August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count us in too :)

Booked this with Small World Travel yesterday.

Will be me, dh, dd15, dd13, dd10, dd8, dd3, dd2 and ds2 (ages at time of cruise). We are booked in two connecting category fours. Waitlisted for a category 3 connecting to a category four (not too hopeful about getting it)

This will be our fifth (maybe sixth) cruise.

Got DU confirmation this morning. Cat 6 Room 6600.

Me, DH and DS (will be 11 by then).

Can't wait.

We're flying in from the UK for this. I have a bit of a thing about the Panama Canal, and so for DCL to do this is a dream come true for me.

We're booked too. We have a gty Cat 6. I hope this cruise sells so well that they have to upgrade us! It will be me and DH, DD she'll be 13, and DS he'll be 11. Looks like its gonna be one heck of a Dis meet for this cruise!

Sandra

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :smooth:

Three of us, DH myself and DS (who will be 15 then)

I'm glad to see some other teens will be cruising; our son asked to bring a friend and I assured him he'll meet some; I reminded him of our last cruise-- we hardly saw him then and he's old enough for the teen excursions this time. But I'm going to refer him to the DISboards maybe he can get to know some of his future sailing mates before we cruise.

We'll be going too. Me, DH, and 2 year old DD in a cat. 6. Can't wait for this.

Renee'

We're in too. DH and myself in a cat 8 and friends (DH,DW and DS, aged 6 when we cruise.) This will be our third cruise and our friends 2nd. So we are all very excited. Looking forward to talking to you all for the next 15 monthes. Estelle

Hey--I believe this is the 2nd thread for this cruise (Grumbo started one, too). Is there a way to just have one--so I don't go crazy reading both??:hyper:
By the way--we're in (me-30 next year, DH-35, and dd-2 yrs.) along w/ parents (izzinmac--my dad, and my mom).
We're in a cat.9-- parents in a cat. 6.
CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

We now have 2 cabins booked. However, the prices have risen so much so fast that the best my parents could do was a guanteed category 10. We are hoping they get upgraded. The price they paid was $4521.78 and Dreams gave them a $150 rebate so total came to $4371.78.

We are in a category 8 and have 2 adults plus a DD 8 and we are only paying $500 more than they are.

Still, great deal for a 14 day Disney cruise!

We'll be there.

Wife and I
DD 22
DD 16

We're in a cat 6 and the kids are across the hall in a Cat 11.

14 days... kinda gives you the chills, huh?

-Pete

We are so excited to be going on this cruise! It is a long time to wait and I don't want to wish my life away.

Seems like yesterday that we were a year plus out from our April cruise. I hope the time goes as well and as fast this time. Has everyone noticed the thread on the main cruise forum about passports? It is apparently very important to have one this time. I gather even the kids need one. I'll have to talk to the couple going with us since I'm not sure they have one and I know the 6 year old doesn't have one. At least there is plenty of time to get one. Talk to you all later. Estelle

If anyone finds out definitely about the passport issue please be sure to post. I don't have them for the kids. I may get them anyhow though.

Kathy, I got the info directly from the Curacao website. No matter what DCL says, the US Gov't says you must have a passport for travel to Curacao if the trip is less than 90 days, and the Curacao gov't requires a passport and evidence of plans to leave. The evidence part will no doubt be covered by some type of form similar to the Bahamas Immigration Forms that many of us are used to. (I am guessing this, but it makes sense.) I think that having a passport is just so much easier when you travel, I use mine all the time for domestic flights, there is no question at the airport, save the silly Delta agent who thought I was going overseas and seemed surprised when I said no. And just think oif the interesting stamps we can get on them!

Anyway, the cruise is going to be a great time, for sure.

I may start a solo thread, also, so us alone travelers can arrange to meet up, too.

Oh my gosh Marsha. I didn't even look to see who posted. You are going on the Eastern bound 14 day too? It will be nice to meet you. You are sailing alone?

Yep, it's me!!! And I will sail alone, I have always wanted to, so I am! I have cruised 12 times prior to this and I always tell myself that I would be much happier doing it alone. I don't want to be the tour guide and I don't want to listen to "There's nothing I want to do, I hate having a set time for dinner, I hate the cattle call at the port, Blah, Blah, Blah".

And now for some real interesting trivia.

When we sail from California we will enter the Panama Canal from the East and exit to the west. Seems odd, but it's true.

Well Miss Marsha, if you get lonely I know two very well behaved children that would love to get to know ya!

My familiy is going booked it through Dreams on Wednesday and they obtained a fantastic price! In fact I will say that twice, they obtained a fantastic price.

Familiy of 4, been on the Magic before, and also on a Princess cruise from Fort lauderdale through Panama Cannal up to LA, so I am doing it again in reverse!

Done Acapulco and Cabo before, but we went to Princess cays, Jamacia and Cartanga Columbia.

We also had an 'unadvertised stop at the Western end of PC for 6 hours 6pm>12 midnight, three cruise ships were in all refuling, there was a market at the port and people booked taxis to Panama city, They appeared to know we were coming.

So there might be a chance..............

I was trying at 6pm UK time when it opened, DCL ebsite crashed, opened and crashed, obtained a quote at 6.35pm with first early booking discounts but decided to rely on dreams, checked an hour later it had gone up, and an hour later even more.

DREAMS beat all of the prices plus a rebate. WELL DONE AND THANK YOU!

Nice to see other BRIT's were succesful as well, fly the flag!

Hey Debbie H-- we're in Bethlehem, Pa. Not too far from you. Hope to see you on board.
I have a feeling that we will just stay on the ship in Panama. I am looking forward to the chance to see the ship go thru the canal. Estelle

If all goes well, my DW and I will be taking the CA to FL cruise to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary with all you fine folk. We have cabin #2588 reserved. Since we are cruising in April 2005 to celebrate my 50th Birthday with our DD and my mom, we decided to do the August cruise for just the two of us. We were talking about going to Hawaii for our 30th Anniversary, but I think this would be more fun. Our DD will be staying with my mom in Florida, and will be there to greet us off the ship. Luckily DD doesn't start school until 9-8-05!!! This could be a dream cruise in the making!!!
:teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter