Augh!! go figure....TPV not available....tell me it isn't worth it anyways!

princessap

DIS Veteran
So my DH told me to upgrade our poly room to TPV for our stay and wouldn't you know it, no rooms available with discount :(

please tell me it isn't worth it anyways. Lol

Well, here's my two cents.

I only book TPV at the monorail resorts for special fireworks occasions, like July 4th, or during the holiday party season, because it is nice to be right in your room to watch them. But out of over 100 stays, I've booked them maybe 4-5 times. I don't really just sit there and stare at the park. So the extra money spent to have that view just isn't a good value for me most of the time.

Personally, at most of the deluxe resorts, I prefer a woods or garden view over a tranquil setting. I've found that the most popular views also tend to be the noisiest views - such as overlooking pools, courtyards, marina, and yes, theme parks. I like my room to be a sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of the parks.

When staying at Poly, if you want to watch the fireworks from the hotel and you don't have a TPV, there is a great beach to watch them from.

Since I don't know why your DH asked you to check on the upgrade, I don't know if my opinion is helpful - but I hope it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter