~ Aug 2013~ Sew what... We've gotta find a way back! Part I!!

Why don't the pictures repost? I must be doing something wrong when I reply on the phone. Bummer, I wanted the pics to show again because they were adorable. Enjoy!

Oh wow! I go away for a few days and not only do you start a new PTR, it's already on page 6! :crazy2: Teach me to go camping, lol!

Love the Tiana bag! Especially the flower. You are always so creative. :artist:

I love your plans for your next trip! :rotfl2: Really wishing we had another one planned or were even discussing another one. :sad1: I think the behaviour of my BIL, SIL & girls on our trip in March really soured DH a bit. They wanted to come camping with us and received a resounding 'NO', even though we tend to take it down a few notches and are more relaxed when camping (which is more their style of a vacation). I can't wait to see what your actual plans come to be. :jumping1:

We were almost in your neck of the woods this month. :wave: Or rather as close to being in your neck of the woods considering we live in Canada. :rolleyes1 The Knoxville 360 Nationals were being held the first week of August and the 410 Knoxville Nationals were this week concluding today. We really wanted to go, but work got a little nuts (okay, honestly it got really nuts!) last week, we had a race the Saturday of the 360 Nationals and we weren't even sure if we could take a few days and go camping this week considering the volume of work that came in. But if we had gone, I only would have been about 5 hours away from you! That's relatively close, right? :confused3 (Well, it's closer than the about 14 hours I currently am!) DH won't even consider talking about another WDW trip right now, but is already planning a trip to Knoxville for next year. :lmao:

I'm heeeeeeeeeere! :lmao:

Totally love the mani-pedi!

The Tiana bag is so cute! (As usual!)

Hopefully I can keep up with this fast-paced PTR. :rotfl2:

Just had to let you know. Twelve year old Miss B has been 'doing' my nails for the past week or so trying to come up with her own ideas and skills. We are all sporting Disney nails this trip (we have 14 weeks for her to perfect her technique!)

She LOVES yours! She was studying the pictures and let me know she thought she could do that easily...except for the thin black line on your big toe...so she asked my DIL last night how to do that...she has been practicing all night!

She has a sketch pad with all her ideas in it. I think she has just found her new hobby...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just thought I'd share...

At her open house on Thursday, she and I were both wearing our newest Disney nails. I explained to all her teachers that she would be missing a week of school. Her math teacher (male) looked at her nails and said something like...'Don't tell me you are going to Disney! I will be so jealous!' My daughter was embarrassed, he winked and said he had considered developing a week long illness and taking a trip there.

Nini

I

Then, I was trying to lay down for a few minutes yesterday, and I had a dream about another bag. :rolleyes: Of course, I couldn't sleep - so I had to get up and start cutting it out. Hopefully I will be able to finish it in time for Charlotte. I can't tell you all anything about it, because I want the people in Charlotte to be the first to see it... but I will show pictures when I get home. :thumbsup2

D~
I can't wait to see a bag of yours in person!!!! I think it will be the most exciting thing about the entire Dis meet! Just know that I will be inspecting it inside and out so I hope you don't mind me going through your personal belongings :rotfl2:

Cool nails! I had my done once in the salon and never again. All you'll get from me are plain painted tootsies.

Tooo cute! Love them.

Why don't the pictures repost? I must be doing something wrong when I reply on the phone. Bummer, I wanted the pics to show again because they were adorable. Enjoy!

I am not sure why they didn't repost? Maybe because you are on your phone? I have yet to figure out how to post from my phone - LOL - so you are one big step ahead of me! :thumbsup2

Oh wow! I go away for a few days and not only do you start a new PTR, it's already on page 6! Teach me to go camping, lol!

Ooooh... Camping sounds fun though. I am a wussy camper... Ever since Josh and I were attacked by bears... I don't "do" camping... :rolleyes1 Unless I am in a KOA smack-dab in the middle of town. popcorn::

Love the Tiana bag! Especially the flower. You are always so creative.

Awww... Thanks Loree!

I love your plans for your next trip! :rotfl2: Really wishing we had another one planned or were even discussing another one. I think the behaviour of my BIL, SIL & girls on our trip in March really soured DH a bit. They wanted to come camping with us and received a resounding 'NO', even though we tend to take it down a few notches and are more relaxed when camping (which is more their style of a vacation). I can't wait to see what your actual plans come to be.

That's too bad about DH... I hope you are able to plan a trip again soon.

We were almost in your neck of the woods this month. :wave: Or rather as close to being in your neck of the woods considering we live in Canada. The Knoxville 360 Nationals were being held the first week of August and the 410 Knoxville Nationals were this week concluding today. We really wanted to go, but work got a little nuts (okay, honestly it got really nuts!) last week, we had a race the Saturday of the 360 Nationals and we weren't even sure if we could take a few days and go camping this week considering the volume of work that came in. But if we had gone, I only would have been about 5 hours away from you! That's relatively close, right? (Well, it's closer than the about 14 hours I currently am!) DH won't even consider talking about another WDW trip right now, but is already planning a trip to Knoxville for next year. :lmao:

I think you were thinking of someone else (Liddy and Oopsi perhaps)? LOL I am not sure how far I am from Knoxville, but I think I am closer to you when you are at home than when you are near Knoxville... Unless you were driving via MN on your way down - and if that's the case, and you didn't stop to say hi - or at least call... Sigh, which reminds me - I think I lost your # in my phone swap... Could you text it to me? :thumbsup2

I'm heeeeeeeeeere! :lmao:

Totally love the mani-pedi!

The Tiana bag is so cute! (As usual!)

Hopefully I can keep up with this fast-paced PTR.

Awww... Liddy - I am so happy to see you here. I've missed you so much! :hug: Thanks for the big update in your TR, it sounds like things have just been so rough for you. :hug:

I am pretty sure you'll be able to keep up with this "fast paced" PTR. :rolleyes1

:thumbsup2

Love the nails!! I need to start getting that creative again!

Thanks!!! I am lovin' them too!

Just had to let you know. Twelve year old Miss B has been 'doing' my nails for the past week or so trying to come up with her own ideas and skills. We are all sporting Disney nails this trip (we have 14 weeks for her to perfect her technique!)

She LOVES yours! She was studying the pictures and let me know she thought she could do that easily...except for the thin black line on your big toe...so she asked my DIL last night how to do that...she has been practicing all night!

She has a sketch pad with all her ideas in it. I think she has just found her new hobby...

Oh, I totally bet she could do this!!! I hope you'll post pictures of your nails for us. :goodvibes If you get her a bottle of the black striper nail paint (they sell it at Target up here) - it comes with a really long thin brush - so it makes that thin black line fairly easy to do (with a bit of practice).

As for my nails, I am in love with them! My nails are done in gel... Once upon a moon, many, many years ago - I used to get acrylic nails, and I always hated how my nails were totally wrecked when I decided to stop wearing them. I wish I would have known about gel nails back then, because my nails are really decent - just very very thin (Josh calls them "paper cut nails")... The gel adds the thickness I need, but it doesn't wreck my nails. And the red part is gel too. The only thing I would have liked better, was if the dots would have been bigger - she used a really small dotting tool. Oh well. :confused3 And - I really wanted the black line on my fingers too - but due to the language barrier, she couldn't understand what I was saying until it was too late.

Just thought I'd share...

At her open house on Thursday, she and I were both wearing our newest Disney nails. I explained to all her teachers that she would be missing a week of school. Her math teacher (male) looked at her nails and said something like...'Don't tell me you are going to Disney! I will be so jealous!' My daughter was embarrassed, he winked and said he had considered developing a week long illness and taking a trip there.

Nini

ROFL! Yay for a Disney lovin' teacher!!! :woohoo:

I can't wait to see a bag of yours in person!!!! I think it will be the most exciting thing about the entire Dis meet! Just know that I will be inspecting it inside and out so I hope you don't mind me going through your personal belongings :rotfl2:

Cool nails! I had my done once in the salon and never again. All you'll get from me are plain painted tootsies.

Well, you should get to see 3 of them. I know Marianne is planning to use hers, and so is Beth. I will have one with - but I am not telling which one. I expect everyone to go through my personal belongings while I am in Charlotte. :rolleyes1 I might be offended if they didn't. :crazy2:

What happened in the salon? Just curious. :rolleyes1

Well, I managed to finish my next bag last night. I will take pictures this morning sometime and get them posted.

I was so upset and angry with myself... I finished the bag after dinner, I was doing the final ironing and defuzzing... I noticed that I forgot to applique one little part. :scared: :scared: :scared: I had to seam rip the entire bag apart to get back at the applique. I was so mad at myself. :headache: I told myself I couldn't leave my sewing room last night, until the bag was finished. It didn't take as long to fix as I thought it would - but it was a major :headache:!

I am starting my bag for Charlotte this morning. I hope to get the entire thing quilted today, and possibly the interior done. I have to stop on Tuesday when I go get the girls for some white fabric. I have some here - but the thread count on it is just too low, and I need a high thread count for the integrity of the bag. But I will get as much done as I can. I have a feeling I'll still be finishing this bag as I walk out the door - otherwise I may have to finish it at MA's. :crazy2:

I better go and get to work. Lots of things to get done - and no time to dilly-dally today.

Have a marvelous day all!

D~

Love the nails. I think I can picture you walking around like you were on the cat walk at the nail salon. :)

Can't wait to see your new bag!!

Ooooh... Camping sounds fun though. I am a wussy camper... Ever since Josh and I were attacked by bears... I don't "do" camping... :rolleyes1 Unless I am in a KOA smack-dab in the middle of town. popcorn::
That's the nice thing about southwestern Ontario, we have a ton of campgrounds and don't have to worry about bears. Well, there are bears in the area, but they don't wander too close to the campgrounds usually. Thank goodness or I wouldn't be camping either. Mind you, they can't do too much to us in the motorhome. Yeah, we "rough it" when we camp. :rotfl2:

I think you were thinking of someone else (Liddy and Oopsi perhaps)? LOL I am not sure how far I am from Knoxville, but I think I am closer to you when you are at home than when you are near Knoxville... Unless you were driving via MN on your way down - and if that's the case, and you didn't stop to say hi - or at least call... Sigh, which reminds me - I think I lost your # in my phone swap... Could you text it to me? :thumbsup2
Sorry, should have clarified - Knoxville, Iowa. Centre of the universe for sprint car racing during August. One year we will get there and I will be sure to call or stop by.

I'll have to look up the number again. Mind you, it is only active when we are in the US. It is so expensive to use our phones when we are in the states, so we have a US sim card from T-Mob that we use in our phone when we are down there. I could send you my Canadian number, but that can get expensive too! I'll have to check with DH on what he did when we were in Florida. BIL still had his Canadian number and he figured out some way to do it for free. He really is a tech geek!

Like you, I best go. Too many things to catch up on after camping last week.

Finished, finished, finished! :thumbsup2

IMG_6941.jpg

IMG_6942.jpg

IMG_6944.jpg

D~

Finished, finished, finished! :thumbsup2

IMG_6941.jpg

IMG_6942.jpg

IMG_6944.jpg

D~

Cute!!! I love the two colors of ric rac :)

Mickey looks cross-eyed so I just had to go look at images of Mickey -- in some both eyes are yoked but in many of the straight on images he is indeed cross-eyed. I can't believe I never noticed that before. It took the perfectionism of a D~ original for me to notice that!

I quietly followed your last TR. This time I will say I'M HERE I'M HERE :rotfl:

I hope everything works out for you and the girls, I will be sending lots of :goodvibes

Love the nails. I think I can picture you walking around like you were on the cat walk at the nail salon. :)

Can't wait to see your new bag!!

LOL Liz... I am too clumsy to try and do a cat walk. popcorn::

That's the nice thing about southwestern Ontario, we have a ton of campgrounds and don't have to worry about bears. Well, there are bears in the area, but they don't wander too close to the campgrounds usually. Thank goodness or I wouldn't be camping either. Mind you, they can't do too much to us in the motorhome. Yeah, we "rough it" when we camp. :rotfl2:

See... there's my problem... We have a tent. :rolleyes1

Sorry, should have clarified - Knoxville, Iowa. Centre of the universe for sprint car racing during August. One year we will get there and I will be sure to call or stop by.

Ahhh, got it. :thumbsup2

I'll have to look up the number again. Mind you, it is only active when we are in the US. It is so expensive to use our phones when we are in the states, so we have a US sim card from T-Mob that we use in our phone when we are down there. I could send you my Canadian number, but that can get expensive too! I'll have to check with DH on what he did when we were in Florida. BIL still had his Canadian number and he figured out some way to do it for free. He really is a tech geek!

Like you, I best go. Too many things to catch up on after camping last week.

It's OK - I totally forgot that you only use that phone when you are in the States. You better call or stop by if you are ever in the area... My girls still talk about your DH - they swear he's famous. :rolleyes1

Cute!!! I love the two colors of ric rac :)

Mickey looks cross-eyed so I just had to go look at images of Mickey -- in some both eyes are yoked but in many of the straight on images he is indeed cross-eyed. I can't believe I never noticed that before. It took the perfectionism of a D~ original for me to notice that!

Thanks - I agree - he does look a bit crosseyed in some of his pictures. So do I, I guess... :confused3

I quietly followed your last TR. This time I will say I'M HERE I'M HERE :rotfl:

I hope everything works out for you and the girls, I will be sending lots of :goodvibes

Welcome!!! I am glad you said hi!!! :cheer2: I agree - I hope it works out. I won't tell anyone, but I potentially have 5 trips over the next 2 years - LOL It seems that a lot of people are wanting me in Disney. :woohoo: Paying for it is a whole 'nother subject matter on it's own. :rolleyes1

count me in.
I love reading these reports.

Welcome!!! Glad to have another fellow March '13 Diser join me! :woohoo:

Awwww Mickey!!! My first love!!!! Another great bag!!

Thanks Sandra! :thumbsup2

I spent my day in my sewing room again yesterday... I made a huge amount of progress on my Charlotte bag. I cut it out the other night, but I quilted everything yesterday, not only that - but I also managed to start and finish 2 appliques for it (one of them was super simple). I am waiting until tomorrow, when I go get the girls to pick up the rest of the fabric I need for it - I don't have the time this week to make a special trip to JoAnn's. The hard part is yet to come, this bag requires 3 zippers to be inserted... :crazy2: And if it turns out as great as it looks in my head - I will be a happy girl. :woohoo:

I work all day at Target today (unless someone took my shift I offered to swap... Which I won't know until I get there) and then I have a meeting tonight. :scared: Tomorrow morning - I need to leave bright and early to go get the girls... I am meeting my cousin half way between our houses at 8am - which means I need to be out the door shortly after 6am. :crazy2: It is possible that the girls and I will stop at the MOA - I have something I need to exchage, and then I also need to make my pit stop at JoAnn's. I hope to spend the rest of the day tomorrow in my sewing room. I would love to finish my bag tomorrow - but I am not sure that will happen - I still have a lot to do.

I hope you all have a fantastic day! :beach:

D~

The Mickey bag looks great. The applique is perfect.

Can't wait to see your new bag in real life.

Hope you can get everything done tomorrow, especially with two teens in tow. Oh, and thanks for the tip about the AG hangers. I didn't even look there because I figured the price would be too high - I will plan on getting some next time I go to the mall.

Cute nails!!! :goodvibes

Love the Mickey bag! I read your story about how you got started sewing and I am amazed at the quality of your work! You must be a natural "artist" to be doing the caliber of work you do and to consistently choose such beautiful color combinations.::yes::

I am officially inspired to get off my duff and get to sewing again.:rotfl: My DH went to JoAnn's with me yesterday and when I told him I thought a serger would be helpful to me, he bought me one! I've never used one, so I'll have to get in there and experiment.

Thanks also for the tip about the Disboutique thread. I'm in the process of reading. And reading. And reading. :lmao: Good stuff though!

Beautiful bag as usual! Have a safe trip today. I am totally jealous that you can stop at the MOA. The closest I've ever been is at the airport for a layover.

LOL!

While I might be ok with being kidnapped, I think hubby might be upset with spending our 35th anniversary alone!

I tried to convince him to make that our anniversary trip...but he wouldn't bite!

Nini

Aww, Congratulations on 35 years and Happy Anniversary.

Know that you'll be missed in Charlotte...but hopefully everyone will get a chance to make the next one. :)

The Dis isn't allowing me to multi-quote.. argh! :badpc:

So do we get a *hint* D? Is it a Dismeet themed UPB or Disney related? or both?

New bag is GREAT!!! I can't wait till I can order one (or 3!).

Your nails were too cute!!! I have no nails, as I bite them, but maybe that could be an incentive for my trip!

FIVE trips in 2 years?!?!?!?!?! You, my dear, have a lot of sewing to do!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have REALLY got to get my craft area cleaned out (currently the front porch) so I can start teaching myself to sew....I am so jealous of all of the neat sewing projects all these people do!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter