ATTEN! Single woman wanted to show my uncle the magic of Disney & maybe more.....

hello..... being away from the boards for a few days has helped me realize what so many of you have been telling me since uncle paul and my last post.... the majority of you guys were so nice and fun and supportive. it wasn't fair of us to just sign off and end things like that. i am really sorry. so, as many of you told us, we're not letting a few bad apples spoil this. as you may have seen uncle paul has signed up w/ his own screen name now. so anyways.... hopefully this can pick back up and end magically. thanks so much again to all who were supportive. :flower3:

Kristin, glad to see you back with us, I am so glad you didn't let your wish and gesture be tarnished, Way to go Girl!!:yay:

Official welcome to The DIS, Uncle Paul! You have your own user name! :thumbsup2

I'll return to lurking now. Not visiting WDW in September and am waaaay over the age limit! :)

:thumbsup2 Hey everybody, You know trying to sell a house sucks. Had a open house today and nobody showed...:eek: I'll have another in two or three weeks mabey it will be better. Anyway I want to know if I was to have 4 days in WDW to do this. Which park should I do? What should I not miss??...Thanks..... upauld

:welcome: Paul!
It's very cool to see you have your own screen
name now:thumbsup2

I hope you find somebody special.
It's hard being totally trusting because this is the internet,
so maybe that's why some people were questioning you...

With that being said, maybe set up a dismeet!
You can post when you'll be in WDW and then
you can meet lots of people. I've met lots of people
at dismeets, and who knows, someday I might find
that special person.

If you were going in April, June, July or Aug.
I'd love to meet you for a drink or to show you around
WDW, but I'm a teacher and missing anytime in Sept.
is a big no no! Another big dismeet time is Marathon
Weekend! There are LOTS of disers and we meet up for
meals, rides and a few drinks. Some run the races, some just
cheer the others on. It's a fun time:thumbsup2

Good luck on your search and pm me if you end up
in WDW earlier than Sept:goodvibes

~Liz

:thumbsup2 Hey everybody, You know trying to sell a house sucks. Had a open house today and nobody showed...:eek: I'll have another in two or three weeks mabey it will be better. Anyway I want to know if I was to have 4 days in WDW to do this. Which park should I do? What should I not miss??...Thanks..... upauld

Sorry about the open house, the housing market is in
such a terrible slump!

4 days - Magic Kingdom - See Wishes, ride the rides, be a big kid
Epcot - try something different to eat in a couple of countries- watch Illuminations!
MGM- Star Tours and Fantasmic
Animal Kingdom - not my favorite, It's just a so-so park for me

Not to miss- Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk!:banana:

If you're staying DVC - then try to get a Boardwalk View at BWV!

Sorry about the open house, the housing market is in
such a terrible slump!

4 days - Magic Kingdom - See Wishes, ride the rides, be a big kid
Epcot - try something different to eat in a couple of countries- watch Illuminations!
MGM- Star Tours and Fantasmic
Animal Kingdom - not my favorite, It's just a so-so park for me

Not to miss- Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk!:banana:

If you're staying DVC - then try to get a Boardwalk View at BWV!

Thanks Liz, Kristen tells me I should stay at the Boardwalk. The Magic Kingdom I do want to see and the Marathon Weekend is that in sept??? I'am a runner but not marathons not even half marathons. Ten miles is the most after that my legs just want to fall off. I guess Jellyrolls is one I should not miss...........upauld

hello there, 4 days, definetely the magic kingdom and Epcot. I would say do some planning, but also let the moments take you. Sometimes going with the flow of things can make for the best times.

Things not to miss at magic kingdom- spectromagic, wishes, some of the classic ride (Pirates, Haunted Mansion) and walking down main street during the kiss goodnight.

Epcot- soarin, Illuminations while holding hands with your special someone of course, and don't miss the margarita's!!

The are so many fabulous things, wonderful restaurants, special places to relax and enjoy.

Thanks Liz, Kristen tells me I should stay at the Boardwalk. The Magic Kingdom I do want to see and the Marathon Weekend is that in sept??? I'am a runner but not marathons not even half marathons. Ten miles is the most after that my legs just want to fall off. I guess Jellyrolls is one I should not miss...........upauld

Paul, the Expedition Everest Challenge is the race for you...http://disneyworldsports.disney.go....s/detail?name=EnduranceEverestEventDetailPage.

Kristin is right about Boardwalk - great location, good restaurants, interesting entertainment and, most importantly, quick access to Epcot. The end of September is the start of Epcot's Food & Wine Festival - an event not to be missed!!

My favorite park is Epcot, followed closely by Animal Kingdom. Going the last week in September gives me the chance to experience all of my favorite things in a single trip - Epcot's F & W, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, World Wide Weekend, etc.

If you're going to be at The World anytime after 9/25, I would love to show you some of the things that make it the "Happiest Place On Earth"!

Whenever you go, you're going to have a Magical Time!
Alisa

Paul,

Have you decided if you will be there during the week or a long weekend? Are Kristin and her family going with you? Crowds are heavier during the weekend. Avoid Magic Kingdom on Sundays.

The things you must do:
Magic Kingdom: Wishes, all the Mt's, Jungle Cruise and Pirates because they are classics. Halloween Party

MGM: Tower of Terror, Muppets 3D, Star Wars and the Great Movie Ride

Epcot: Soarin, Living Seas, Spaceship Earth, Test track and if you can do spinning rides Mission Space. The best part of epcot is walking the worlds and seeing the different cultures. If you are there duing the Food and Wine Fest going to the different events.

Animal Kingdom: Safari, expedition everest and the new nemo show are a must at Animal Kingdom.

If you are there during the race they are having an after party which is always a great time. We really enjoyed it after doing Tower of Terror Race last year and look foward to riding everest after completing the race.

Amanda

Hi Paul,
If you're up for a 10k, look into the Race for the Taste, http://disneyworldsports.disney.go....me=EnduranceRacefortheTaste10KEventDetailPage The bonus here is the post-race "Picnic" at the Food and Wine Festival--one of my favorite WDW events. I love the sample-sized goodies and the "Eat to the Beat" concerts. http://allearsnet.com/tp/ep/fw07/fw07a.htm --Beach Boys, anyone? Actually, Starship is on for the 10k weekend. I'm still trying to convince my sister we need to sign up for that. We finished our first half-marathon in January.

Whatever you plan to do in your first WDW visit (and most of the suggestions here so far sound good!)--remember that you can't *possibly* see everything in one trip! Relax and absorb thagic.

I'm a DVC owner at Boardwalk, so I agree with Kristin it's a great place to stay. I don't usually go for a view room, though, since I spend so little time *in* the room. :rolleyes1 One big advantage to Boardwalk is that it's a short walk back to your room from Jellyrolls, so you can close the place down--and you'll probably want to!--and not have to worry about how you'll get back to your hotel.

Have a great time. :thumbsup2

Unfortunately marathon weekend is in January :(

Definitely stay at the Boardwalk!
There's nothing like sitting on your deck watching the fireworks!
and yes you must go to Jellyrolls!!!!!!!

Hey guys, Some of you I know have emailed me at yahoo. I don't know who because I have been unable to get into it since thursday last week.So if any of you would like to try again this is my other email address sta_put@hotmail.com there is a under score between sta and put. Hope to here from you again.
Thanks for the suggestions the Mt Everest run looks like fun.All this time I though Jellyrolls was a breakfast place..:rotfl: Is it or is it a bar??? The Boardwalk is the place were I 'm going to stay for sure. My next question is dining. Is the dining plan worth it and should I get it ?
Look forward to your answers. .... by the way..... I will be ending this next friday and asking the "one" if she'd like to meet me down in Disney. I'm actually getting excited for Disney now! I didn't think that would ever happen :). I know I said one month but we were thrown off about a week with what happened a couple weeks ago. -- Talk to you soon.....Paul

Hey guys, Some of you I know have emailed me at yahoo. I don't know who because I have been unable to get into it since thursday last week.So if any of you would like to try again this is my other email address sta_put@hotmail.com there is a under score between sta and put. Hope to here from you again.
Thanks for the suggestions the Mt Everest run looks like fun.All this time I though Jellyrolls was a breakfast place..:rotfl: Is it or is it a bar??? The Boardwalk is the place were I 'm going to stay for sure. My next question is dining. Is the dining plan worth it and should I get it ?
Look forward to your answers. .... by the way..... I will be ending this next friday and asking the "one" if she'd like to meet me down in Disney. I'm actually getting excited for Disney now! I didn't think that would ever happen :). I know I said one month but we were thrown off about a week with what happened a couple weeks ago. -- Talk to you soon.....Paul

1. The EE challenge is a 5K so lots of fun there. . .
2. I prefer to always stay in an Epcot location so Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan or Dolphin is the way to go. . .
3. Jellyrolls is a dueling piano bar that expects interaction from the audience. . .we have several of them here in Vegas. . .definitely worth it. . .
4. Going through a divorce is hard. . .but keep your wits about you. . .not everyone who seems like the perfect match will be. . .I'm not the perfect match. . .just came up with answers to your questions. . .Also, give yourself time to grieve and then find the right person. . .and I mean the RIGHT person. . .

Okay, enough from "OLD" central. . .have fun. . .

Hi Paul,
I happen to *love* the Dining plan--although not as much as I did when it first came out, they've scaled it back. Even so, I've been able to eat in *much* nicer restaurants than I normally would have chosen. So, especially if you're going to be trying to create romantic moments, I'd say go for it...specific restaurant recommendations available on request. ;)

And yes, as was already pointed out, Jellyrolls is a bar. For breakfast, though, you can't beat the Boardwalk bakery pastries...(and that's a snack credit on the aforementioned Dining Plan)

:rolleyes1

Good luck

Hey Paul, I've missed talking to you. Hope things have been going good. There is good and bad about dining plan, in your situation it would probably be better, when i wen't last and took small children it wouldn't have been great as they don't eat enough to justify cost. I am so glad to hear you are getting excited about disney, last time I went was late September during the Food and Wine Festival, and I have to say it was great time to go. So if you can go during that, try it. Well that's my 2 cents worth, i"ll talk to ya again soon.

Jenny:mickeyjum

Hi Paul,
I have a friend that I think would be so interested in this sort of thing. I am waiting for her permission to email you her picture!! I just saw this post today!!

So, I just came back to this thread and it has grown quite a bit since I was here the last time....

I am dying to know, without having to go through all the posts, Did Uncle Paul finally find someone to show him the magic of disney?:rotfl2:

:scared: Ok I think I may make some people mad tonight but I hope not. Please one more day. This may sound like BS but I had some problems with my email. There are still some people that I want to here from. I promise By 8:00 PM EST you will know my decision either way. Sorry for the cliffhanger......Paul

what a story this will make, best wishes to all of you in the running....I am way to old fashion for this...but have enjoyed reading all the notes since I found the thread yesterday...

best of luck to all :wizard:

:scared: Ok I think I may make some people mad tonight but I hope not. Please one more day. This may sound like BS but I had some problems with my email. There are still some people that I want to here from. I promise By 8:00 PM EST you will know my decision either way. Sorry for the cliffhanger......Paul

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!