At what age did you start bringing your kids to the parks?

LifeTheDisneyWay14

Mouseketeer
I’m newly pregnant (we’re expecting our quarantine baby at the start of 2021) so I’m way jumping the gun on this, but at what age did you start bringing your kids to the park? When do you think they were old enough to get something out of it?

UPDATE: Sounds like I'll be taking her for her first trip by the time she's around 2! Thanks for weighing in. :)

She's exactly one month old today (31 days!) so it's still a bit of a wait... but I'm already excited!.:banana:

Attachments

• IMG_3724.jpeg
    IMG_3724.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I took my nephew for his first trip when he was 5 (his mom is not a Disney fan so I stepped in). We took my daughter when she was a bit over 4 years old.

The age choice with my daughter was we felt she would be able to enjoy the experience more at the parks around that age. She did once she got used to the crowds, but her first photos in front of the castle show the biggest frown ever

With my nephew, 5 was more of a promise my sister made when he was born and was struggling to live due to being a preemie arriving nearly 3 months early. She said that if he lived, she would take him to Disney when he turned 5. He had a wonderful time, smiles from ear to ear

Each child is different. My daughter is less emotionally mature than my nephew, so how they handled the first time going to the parks was different.

My kids were 7(DS) and 10(DD) their first time. They were lucky enough to visit quite a few times in their youth! My grandson 5, would have had his first WDW vacation had it not been cancelled due to Covid. Hopefully we'll get there when he's 6.

DS was 2 on his first visit, DD was about 5 months. After taking DD as an infant, it made me wish I had taken DS much sooner! Have a great first trip with your little one, and congratulations ♥️

I took my oldest daughter when she was 3 months on a family trip. I still have very fond memories of the baby center on Main St at DLR with her.

We went back when she was 2.5 and she lit up when saw any character and it was so much fun!
She doesn’t remember, but I do.

We took her to WDW at 3 and she got her first haircut on Main Street and by the end of the trip we had 3 autograph books filled. I don’t think she remembers this trip, but she remembers all the trips after.

I loved seeing all 3 of my kids at the 2-4 year old range. So magical!!

Congratulations!!

I’m newly pregnant (we’re expecting our quarantine baby at the start of 2021) so I’m way jumping the gun on this, but at what age did you start bringing your kids to the park? When do you think they were old enough to get something out of it?

Our youngest was about 2, had two older children, but he thoroughly enjoyed it and so did we. Did he remember it? Absolutely not, but we all had a great trip, and it definitely wasn't his/our last. I would say only you know your child and his temperament and his enjoyment of parks/crowds, etc. We trained him early to stay and be content in his stroller, so he was an easy, happy traveler.

The youngest we’ve done is 2.5 with our youngest son. He did awesome but he was the easiest toddler ever. I would have never even considered taking my middle child at 2.5 😂. We took all 3 of our boys the year they turned 8 and I wish we had taken them earlier. They had a great time and rode lots more than if they were smaller but none of them got excited at all about the characters.

I took my oldest daughter when she was 3 months on a family trip. I still have very fond memories of the baby center on Main St at DLR with her.

We went back when she was 2.5 and she lit up when saw any character and it was so much fun!
She doesn’t remember, but I do.

We took her to WDW at 3 and she got her first haircut on Main Street and by the end of the trip we had 3 autograph books filled. I don’t think she remembers this trip, but she remembers all the trips after.

I loved seeing all 3 of my kids at the 2-4 year old range. So magical!!

Congratulations!!
Thank you!

1 for both my kids. My oldest turned 1 during her first trip, my son was 13 months for his.

My daughter’s first trip was so magical, we knew we had to bring my son back when he turned 1 also. And I would do it again in a minute.

Their reactions to so many things were priceless even though they were little. And now they love watching the videos and going through photos from their first trips.

It really depends on how many times you plan to go. Regularly? A couple times? Mine are 5 & 3.5 and we go every year/year and a half, so I didn’t feel like I needed to wait for the “perfect” age.

I loved taking them both at 1.

Congratulations!!!!!!

1 for both my kids. My oldest turned 1 during her first trip, my son was 13 months for his.

My daughter’s first trip was so magical, we knew we had to bring my son back when he turned 1 also. And I would do it again in a minute.

Their reactions to so many things were priceless even though they were little. And now they love watching the videos and going through photos from their first trips.

It really depends on how many times you plan to go. Regularly? A couple times? Mine are 5 & 3.5 and we go every year/year and a half, so I didn’t feel like I needed to wait for the “perfect” age.

I loved taking them both at 1.

Congratulations!!!!!!
Probably about every other year. And thank you!

I agree that it depends on how often you plan on going. Some people don’t enjoy taking babies to Disney, but I never found it too difficult.

We took our daughter at almost 2. My H didn’t think she would get anything out of it, but she loved every minute of it! Our son went for the first time at age 1 (we celebrated his birthday at WDW). He was more along for the ride, but we have great memories of that trip. IMO, the sweet spot for the “magic” is age 3-4. Everything is amazing to them at that age and they will be able to remember more.

My son was just shy of 3 the first time he went but he went to Busch Gardens Tampa at around 2. He loved it and it became our place to go after that. He doesn't remember it but I have pictures of a very happy little guy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!