Art the Greeter at the Beach Club

Met Art this week at the BC. Friendly as reported. A pleasure to see everyday. :goodvibes

IMG_0274.jpg

I've had a lot of conversations with Art over the years but I didnt know till last year that he's a Vietnam veteran and was in country during the Tet offensive. Need I say that Art didnt bring the subject up, it came out prompted by a statement I made about my military service.
Prior service guys...pop him a real salute and watch the crisp way he returns it

Hello Everyone-

I saw Art over the weekend and we spoke - he has decided it's time for him to retire and enjoy the holiday seasons with his family. :santa:

I just wanted to let everyone know that his last day with Walt Disney World at the Beach Club will be Saturday, October 17th, 2009. :sad1:

He has greatly appreciated all the friendships he has made over his 17 years with Walt Disney World. He has appreciated everyone being genuine, caring compassionate and concerned when he wasn't at the front door also during his medical issues. He says he has lots of wonderful memories to reflect back on.

If you have the chance to wish him well before Oct. 17th I know he would greatly appreciate it. :wizard:

I told him he would be greatly missed by many WDW visitors.

Brenda

Oh, this makes me sad! We'll be at BCV at the end of October, and I'm sad I'll miss saying good-bye to Art, and he'll definitely be missed at the front door of the BC.

I didn't know this at the time, but we said hi and chatted with him on Saturday when we checked in. He'll be missed, and I wish him a long, happy retirement.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I am doubly glad that our kids finally got to meet him in April then...they thought of him as a celebrity after seeing him on Great Hotels with Samantha Brown, but he was ill or taking time off the several times we tried to see him...

When we finally were able to catch him, he spent a lot of time talking with the kids, trading pins, and speaking with us as well, sorry that we kept missing him. The kids were thrilled.

He is truly a Disney treasure.

Aawww! My family is so sad that Art is retiring before our December trip. We love seeing him each time we visit. What a wonderful man he is! :wizard:

IMG_0883.jpg
[/IMG]

JULY 1st, 2008
Our kids on the morning of our oldest daughter's 23rd Birthday!

I cannot believe he is retiring.
Art will be sadly missed by both myself and my wife.
We check out from the BCV tomorrow so I will be sure to speak to him about this before we leave. He hasn't mentioned it since we've been here but then I guess I never thought to ask.
We've always made the effort to go see him, no matter what resort we're at and have been keeping in touch by email for the last couple of years.
I'm really pleased we've had that extra quality time with him this vacation.
We'd love to take him out for dinner next time we're back just to say thank you for all the great stuff he's done for us over the years.
He's an outstanding individual with such a great persona and has certainly taught me to take a different perspective on life.
I always hoped that he'd get to see our children grow up (when we finally have them). I'll make sure to keep in contact with him...

Art we'll miss you...too much!!!
We wish him a very happy retirement.

Well...I guess even Art gets to retire. We don't have to like it, but it is what it is. I only hope that Art has a most wonderful retirement, and each day is more joy-filled than the day before. He has added so much fun and class to our visits. I know my dd will be so sad he won't be there anymore. She was disappointed last month to not see him.
087.jpg

Here he is with my dd a few years ago.....Art, thanks for such wonderful memories. You are truly a gentleman and will be sorely missed. We salute you sir!!!

I'm sorry to hear of Art's retirement. I have never met him and have read so many wonderful things about him that I was really looking forward to introducing to my DS4. I hope he has a wonderful retirement and enjoys these years. I can't imagine that he wouldn't be a frequent visitor to BCV during that time.

We are sending him a card to the resort...Very happy for his retirement, BUT so sad to see a good person leave somehow feels like we all lost a little of the Magic? Shawnpirate:

Hello Everyone-

I saw Art over the weekend and we spoke - he has decided it's time for him to retire and enjoy the holiday seasons with his family. :santa:

I just wanted to let everyone know that his last day with Walt Disney World at the Beach Club will be Saturday, October 17th, 2009. :sad1:

He has greatly appreciated all the friendships he has made over his 17 years with Walt Disney World. He has appreciated everyone being genuine, caring compassionate and concerned when he wasn't at the front door also during his medical issues. He says he has lots of wonderful memories to reflect back on.

If you have the chance to wish him well before Oct. 17th I know he would greatly appreciate it. :wizard:

I told him he would be greatly missed by many WDW visitors.

Brenda

So sad that he won't be around anymore but happy for him at the same time. We leave 10/10-10/18, so I will get to see him one last time and wish him the best in person. The Beach Club won't be the same without him! :sad1:

I'm happy for him but sad for the rest of us. We just stayed at the BCV's June/July and was able to get a pic with him and my kids. He always seems so humbled by the thought that we all love and appreciate him. I don't envy the person that tries to fill his shoes! We'll miss you Art!!! :flower3:

I talked to Art yesterday and was stunned when he told me Oct. 17 would be his last day. He said he felt the time had come for him to move on. He said he had lots of reading and studying that he wanted to do and he was ready to begin a new phase in his life. He was very positive about the future although he said he would miss his Disney family very, very much. The Beach Club sure won't be the same without his brilliant smile and smart salute. May God Bless and keep him.

The Beach Club sure won't be the same without his brilliant smile and smart salute. May God Bless and keep him.

You've got that right! So glad we got a picture of him and the kids saluting last month. If anyone decides to take up a fund to get him a retirement gift, please, please post it and let us know!

I talked to Art yesterday and was stunned when he told me Oct. 17 would be his last day. He said he felt the time had come for him to move on. He said he had lots of reading and studying that he wanted to do and he was ready to begin a new phase in his life. He was very positive about the future although he said he would miss his Disney family very, very much. The Beach Club sure won't be the same without his brilliant smile and smart salute. May God Bless and keep him.

Ahhhh that is my birthday. I will always remember his last day being on my b'day. He was such a joy to meet last summer. I need to post our picture too. We miss him this past July. He was out then due to his eye surgery.

Just a reminder it is Art's last day of work at the Beach Club - he is officially retired as of Sunday.

Brenda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter