• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Art the Greeter at the Beach Club

Tink901

WDW Bride 2009 All it takes is Faith, T
Hello Everyone -

I'm putting together a scrapbook for Art as a Christmas gift.:santa: I would like to give it to him during the 1st week of December during my visit for MVMCP.

If you have any pictures or stories you would like to share with him please post here or pm me.

He doesn't truly understand that he is a "Icon" of the Beach Club or how many peoples lives and scrapbooks he has touched. I just want to give him something I know he will truly treasure.

He takes lots of pictures with people but many forget or don't think he would want them and he truly values everyone who takes the time to speak with him.

This is also posted on the Resort thread it was suggested that I post here also.

Moderators please move if necessary.

Thank you for you time!

Brenda

I think this is a great thing! We only met him once during a short stay at BCV but remember him being a really nice guy who took his job seriously. I will try to round up a pic we took with him and the kids. My story is more related to seeing him on Great Hotels with Samnatha Brown. After seeing it a few times, he became somewhat of a celebrity around our house, then we get to meet him. And he was just like he was on TV.

On a similar note, I made a frame out of walnut and put Ranger Stans article from the spring Vacation Magic in it. I am going to give it to him in a couple of weeks on behalf of all of us DVCers whose lives he has touched.
Heres the pic. If you cant pull it from here, PM me your email and we it forward it that way.
DisneyJan06010.jpg

We met Art for the first time last May (2006). I was looking for him the entire trip but did not see him until the day we were leaving.:yay:

I was so excited to meet him. You would have thought I just met Mickey Mouse for the first time ("Art, I have been hoping to meet you this entire trip, you are so loved on the message board I frequent...blah blah blah") I think he thought I was crazy. But he is the sweetest man. DH really thought I was crazy, but he doesn't read the boards so he doesn't understand.:confused3

I will try to post the pic for you when I get home (I am at work, shhh, don't tell anyone) I don't have the pics on this PC.

Art is the best! He is certainly a part of the magic. I really hope that Disney understands his value. He has made special memories for many people.

I am not sure how Disney could find such a special employee and put him in a perfect role. I might think about copying this scrap book and giving a copy to Disney management.

Art is the best! He is certainly a part of the magic. I really hope that Disney understands his value. He has made special memories for many people.

I am not sure how Disney could find such a special employee and put him in a perfect role. I might think about copying this scrap book and giving a copy to Disney management.

He definately is in the perfect role! That is a good point I might have to make 2 one for him and one for Disney Management, Thanks!!

Great idea! Here is are a few pictures from us. We are giving Art these next week! They were taken last October at the begining of the YOMD. As we were leaving Art pulled Connor aside and asked him if he would give him a hand. It was really neat as there were also a bunch of corp bigwigs there filming it for the "internal video" of the YOMD promotion.

art.jpg

connor.jpg

Great idea! Here is are a few pictures from us. We are giving Art these next week! They were taken last October at the begining of the YOMD. As we were leaving Art pulled Connor aside and asked him if he would give him a hand. It was really neat as there were also a bunch of corp bigwigs there filming it for the "internal video" of the YOMD promotion.

art.jpg

connor.jpg

Thanks! He had told me about Connor and how much fun he had. Thanks for sharing the pictures. He must have had a great time, he looked so cute!!!

Brenda,

Thanks so much for undertaking this project! Here's one of Art with our family. I always do my best to make Art feel appreciated.

45.jpg

My son and I always make a point of seeing him, BCV is home. He is a big sports fan, and knows his sports. My son in college is also and they had in depth conversations about college football and basketball. If I remember right he is a Gator fan but I will ask my son to verify, he never forgets anything. Anyway I will try to get an antidote for you if I can. I also think we have a pic of him. He is a great guy. I always look for him and if on the trip I don't see him there I immediatly start to worry.

We don't have pics of Art, but he is definitely a huge part of our Disney Experience. When we walk through the doors of BC and Art greets us, we know that we are definitely in our 'happy place'.

We own at BWV but always make a trip over to the Beach Club every visit. Art just IS the Beach Clib to me. I am always disappointed if he is not there when we go. He is just the nicest man, and I have never seen him without a smile on his face!

We took my family this past May and my nephew to this day refers to BCV's as "Art's house". He can't wait to go back and see him next October. He found out that I am taking my DD on a quick mini weekend visit and he said "You are going back AGAIN?" (clearly he had been listening to my brother-in-law too much) but I heard him later paddling around on the pond in at the bottom of my parents graden "rowing to Art's House at Disney World". I am just trying to post the image of the two of them - will edit and add shortly!
pictures.html

Hope this works!
Sorry - couldn't figure it out - please go to page three of this album!

Here's our pic with Art! We were looking forward to seeing and meeting ever since we first viewed the sales promo video DVD that DVC sent us. What was surprising was that he was not just an Icon but a person who was sincerely interested and concerned that everyone's experience at the Beach Club was wonderful. He greeted us with great enthusiasm. When asked about our visit, we me mentioned one thing that could be improved. To our surprise, he immediately reached into his naval coat pocket and pulled out a notepad and began taking notes! He said he would pass this info on to the "powers that be". I can easily see by this most unusual demonstration of the concern for Beach Club visitors, why one might say "The Beach Club is Art's House"!

100_1139.jpg

I have a picture of my him holding my daughter on her very first trip to WDW when she was 4 months old.

I can email it to you if you would like it. PM me an address.

I can give you a summary on the picture. He is indeed a great guy.

What a great idea!! We are going back to the Beach Club for the first time in years, and I can't wait to see Art!

Our story comes from the year 2003 - our first trip to the Beach Club Villas, when just me and my son (who was 3 at the time) went for a short stay. We had just gotten into pin trading then, and since my son was so shy he was too scared to approach a cast member in the park to trade. One day we were leaving for the park and we saw Art in the lobby-he gave us the salute as soon as he saw us! And that was the day my son decided he was going to trade his first pin with Art! He was so great with him, he bent down and let my very shy son take his time picking out a pin. It was a Lion King pin, and we still have it and will never trade it. My son still remembers trading his first pin with Art, and talks about it when he sees the pin in our pin book.

I didn't take a picture that day, but please send this message to him and tell him we sincerely appreciate his presence at the Beach Club and the way he makes our trips so memorable. As soon as we arrive we can't wait to rush in and say hello! We've been there a few days when he was off, and it just wasn't the same. The whole feeling in the lobby was different.

DD4 will be trading pins for the first time our next trip, which incidentally is at the Beach Club, and I hope her first pin trading experience is with Art, too!

Hey Brenda, let me know when you're going to give it to him. I'll be there the first week, too. If you want, maybe a bunch of us could meet you there....

What a great idea!! We are going back to the Beach Club for the first time in years, and I can't wait to see Art!

Our story comes from the year 2003 - our first trip to the Beach Club Villas, when just me and my son (who was 3 at the time) went for a short stay. We had just gotten into pin trading then, and since my son was so shy he was too scared to approach a cast member in the park to trade. One day we were leaving for the park and we saw Art in the lobby-he gave us the salute as soon as he saw us! And that was the day my son decided he was going to trade his first pin with Art! He was so great with him, he bent down and let my very shy son take his time picking out a pin. It was a Lion King pin, and we still have it and will never trade it. My son still remembers trading his first pin with Art, and talks about it when he sees the pin in our pin book.

I didn't take a picture that day, but please send this message to him and tell him we sincerely appreciate his presence at the Beach Club and the way he makes our trips so memorable. As soon as we arrive we can't wait to rush in and say hello! We've been there a few days when he was off, and it just wasn't the same. The whole feeling in the lobby was different.

DD4 will be trading pins for the first time our next trip, which incidentally is at the Beach Club, and I hope her first pin trading experience is with Art, too!

Hey Brenda, let me know when you're going to give it to him. I'll be there the first week, too. If you want, maybe a bunch of us could meet you there....

Amy -

I'll let you know when I finalize my trip for December. Art is usually off on Sunday and Mondays and I know he takes a week's vacation in November.

Brenda

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

I just wanted to say "thank you" to everyone for helping me with this project. I know that he will truly appreciate it.

Have a great holiday weekend!!
Brenda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter