Arriving right after Ivan

disneymom1

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me what WDW"s policy was for the other 2 hurricanes? I am scheduled to arrive Thursday morning. I know they made accomodations for customers for Charlie, but I'm not sure what they did for Frances. I may not be able to go because of flight cancellations or, if there is damage in the Orlando area, I may not want to go.

Did they allow people to cancel within 5 days of arrival? (I have a room only reservation).

If people chose to reschedule to another date at the same hotel, did they get the same room rate or did they have to pay what ever rate is available at that time? (I got a discounted rate).

I'd like to start thinking ahead so I can move quickly to make changes if need be.

You can not cancel within 5 days and not get penalized but you can modify (switch to later dates) without a penalty.

"If people chose to reschedule to another date at the same hotel, did they get the same room rate or did they have to pay what ever rate is available at that time? (I got a discounted rate)." Unless the discount is being offered at that time typically no. My niece was in a car accident on her way to Disney. (a car next to them had a blowout and ran them off the road, I-95) It actually happened 10 miles from her home. She called Disney to let them know what happened. She was able to cancel with no penalty. They told her when she was ready to reschedule that she could book for the same rate. It wasn't that easy but my niece held her own and a supervisor gave her the discounted rate. I think she was still in their computers concerning her accident. So you never know

Shirley

We sat in Chicago airport at 7am (second leg) for a 3 hour layover and watching the weatherchannel about Frances, we thought about flying back home again and postponing our trip but we thought as with Charley, they were wrong and also hoping France would go "elsewhere" as in back out to sea, we went to WDW. We had dinner at Chef Mickey's night of arrival, went to MK and enjoyed it so much. Friday we spent all day at MK, there were hardly any people there! After that the magic kind of disappeared...Frances did show up, not as bad where we were as they thought but we had to stay in our rooms for 2 days and the foodcourt was closed.

The magic went away after that, even if we tried to get it back it was hard as the much rain kept rides closed and thinking back now, we should have pushed our trip back a bit...

Now in saying that, we had a very memorable vacation indeed, we're part of history now as Disney has never closed the parks for 2 days in a row.

The parks were not crowded at all, which is very understandable, we had none or hardly any wait to anything, no PS's were needed for GF Cafe or Whispering Canyon or Plaza Restaurant...

All in all, very memorable trip but now we're not going back until December of 2006..we need to find the 100% magic again!

We did get 2 days worth of comp tickets for the days the parks were closed, we also wanted to stay 2 days longer but we'd have to pay full price (we were on the 5+2 package) so we scrapped that idea...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter