Arlise & John's Adventure Up! 06.09.12 NJ - Save the dates & new invitation design!

Soooo... the budget is approved! Disney wedding is ON! I still can not believe it!

So both sets of parents, John and I all sat down after an amazing BBQ that his mom put together to discuss the wedding. We figured that the Disney wedding would be about the same as one up here, so we are having it there! My dream from when I was 11/12 is actually going to happen. I am going to get married in Disney World! Can I just say how insane a thought that actually is!

Now I have to wait a bit to hear back from our sales coordinator Stacey to see if we got our lottery for our time and date. That should be on June 12! Which will mark the 15 month and 30 day mark! LOL...

I am pretty tired tonight, but I think I will end with a picture of John and I in HK Disney Land.

disneyHK.jpg

Next Post: Why "Up!" ?

Woohoo!!! That is sooooo exciting!! I'm glad the family is on board, I know sometimes it can be a real struggle. Looking forward to hearing all of your plans!!! Hopefully soon I will start developing some concrete ideas for the LSS!!! I wish there more pro pics done/available online at receptions there. I will have a photographer the whole time.

Oh and I totally want to go to HK Disney!!

Congrats!
I want to go to HK Disney SOOOOOO BADDDDDD
If we had the money, that's where we would have went on our honeymoon. One day!!!!

I am so glad that the budget talk went so well and that your dreams are coming true!!!! Can't wait to hear more.

Congrats on getting your Disney wedding. Can't wait to hear about your plans. :cool1:

Great photo at HK Disney.

Congrats on getting to have your Disney wedding!

One of my bridesmaids and I are planning to go to HK Disney next summer!

Aww thanks Disney Friends... I am glad it worked out too! I will have to cut some things down a bit cost wise to accommodate our budget. Basically it means no video for me.

I am keeping my Enchanted Rose package. I didn't spend 4 years getting my BFA concentration in photography to have the anything but the best and most extensive photography for my wedding! ;-)

To all those who want to visit HKDL, I will post a seperatly about my trip there. But in short, its adorable, homey and wonderful! I am looking forward to Shanghi. The two of them together I think will be similar to our WDW and DL here in US. HKDL = DL and ShanghiDL = WDW. I'll post more pictures from there too! That will be in a couple of posts from now so look out for it!

So I know I said the next post would have the story on why Up! and I did write it all out.. I promise i did. But my damn internet kept going out on me all night. Its now 4am in the morning (im a late bird but not this late)... and the internet went out on my one last time wiping out my entire post!

It makes me want to CRY!:mad::sad1:

So for now this will be the post, I will try to work up the enthusiasm to re-write the Up! post tomorrow. Its just so depressing... and it was a good post too!

This may sound silly but I type most of my posts for my PJ in Word so that it saves periodically then I just copy/paste. I started that after I typed out a huge post and it went *poof*

I know i have not been here in a while and I am sad about it. At the beginning it was that I was a bit disgruntled with what happened on my post, then felt stupid that I didnt just use a text edit... but now I have some very sad but ok news to share with you...

my wonderfully crazy groovy grandma passed away this past Tuesday. Its so strange to type that sentence. I have said it many times but strange to see the words in front of me, staring me in the face. Alice, my grandmother, was insane and sweet all at the same time. She would yell at you for not putting something away right and then turn around and make you the best pilaf and chicken you ever had.

I grew up with her 5 minutes away from my parents house and spent much of my childhood with her and my grandfather. She is integrated into who I am for better or worse she is there. Life will never be the same with out her, but I am okay because I know she is finally able to let go of all of her pain that she never admitted to having.

To know Alice was to love her... you couldn't not. You know someone is special when your childhood friends remember her and have her face as apart of their childhood memories.

She loved to use self deprecation as a means of laughter (which I only realized recently is where I have gotten it from). If you said that you remembered her face she would probably say something like "What this ugly face? I feel sorry for you!" She called her self "a mature senior citizen", never apologized for who she was or how she behaved and always encouraged growth of body, mind and spirit. She will live on forever in our minds and hearts.... in the oceans waves and skys winds...

gramLR.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug: I know that your grandmother's spirit will live on in your memories of her. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Hiya, I'm so so sorry for your loss :hug:

your description of her made my eyes water, so touching.

my thoughts are with you xx

First, I am SO sorry about your grandma. <3 <3

Second... after reading some of your other posts and stuff, I know photography is SUPER important to you--- and you said you were going with the Enchanted Rose package through Disney? I just wanted to know if you've looked at any outside photographers. This might (A) get you better qualitiy and (B) save you lots of dough!!!! (I think you might really like The Roots, for instance?)

Just trying to help! :)

I'm so sorry about your granny! Mine is still kicking, but I can see her getting slower in many ways and that is hard. I grew up really close to my granny as well, I can't imagine how tough it must be for you. You'll be in my thoughts.

first and for most... thank you so much for your thoughts and well wishes. I really appreciate it. It made me feel so good to read all of your comments tonight. :grouphug: I wish I could have all of you at my wedding! wouldnt that be fun!

Well, I would like to get back to weddingy posts with finally getting to why we are doing Up!/Adventure

I have already explained how John and I started dating I have not explained how we first met. I met John through mutual friends. They were moving and wanted to spend one last day around their old home's area and invited people to join them for sushi and a movie.

We sat and ate sushi at East, and John spouted many geeky thoughts... had a bit of an ego and air of "im the best" about him. Yet, at the same time he also gave off this "I'm so cute and sweet.... you know you want to hug and love me like a teddy bear!" We continued our day by going to the movies.

EllieCarl-kids.jpg

Of course we went to see Up! We waited in line by the movie theater entrance for the doors to open, and talked more. I believe we talked about music and the instruments we played growing up. I found him easy to talk to and he actually was interested to talk to me and hear what I had to say.

Inside the theater we got our seats; john and I sat together and our friends sat together. John and I continued to chat about the expensive things in life. I was then working for a high end photographer and I always loved to ask people what they thought our 8x10 prints went for. Well, for the first time ever someone actually said over the amount we sold for! Normally I get people guessing $30 or $50 at most ... we sold an 8x10 for $85; John's guess was over $100! I was shocked no one ever guessed that high. I was impressed and a little taken back. LOL

The movie started up, and we had to end our conversation for the time. I am sure you all know just how sad Up! is. During the sad scenes I thought to myself "okay, arlise if when you look at him, if he is tearing up or looks sad this guy is just awesome".... I remember looking at him from the corner of my eye and it just hit me in my heart and he was crying.

I remember leaving that night thinking... a) he is a total geek with an ego and attitude to match b) how does he have that ego and have the hug me Im cute thing... but mostly c)I wish my boyfriend was more like him.

Ellie_Carl_blanket-1.jpg

Cut to present day. John and I just finished watching Up! again.... actually it is only our second time watching it. I loved it just as much as the first if not more because this time I could hug and love him while watching the movie.

I am definitely an Ellie... filled with the spirit of adventure, but happy to find it in the things around me with my love. John is most definitely a Carl, a bit square, timid of adventure but loves to look at it from a distance... careful not to get too close so he doesn't fall and break his arm!

The soundtrack for this movie was amazing! All orchestral (expect for The Spirit of Adventure which the lyrics are only played at the end with the credits) and the way the one main piece can go from light to dark is amazing. It is truly a beautiful score and it is very sad that Disney never put the soundtrack out on CD. I found a promo CD from the UK that I just bought on ebay.

Up! reminds me that life is short. Even if you can't go adventuring to far off places, if you are lucky enough to spend your life with a loving partner and/or friend you can have adventures together anywhere. Material objects are just that... they are not the person and can never be. It is the memories of all of our silly, simple, crazy life adventures that we take with us.

I hope that our love is like the love that Carl and Ellie have for each other. I want Up! as apart of our wedding to help both of us remember that it is not the amount or quality of the material things that we have, but the times we shared acquiring those material things. I want it to remind us that our life is not about how far we travel and the site we see, but the fact that no matter if its on our porch or in China, we spend it together.

And when one of us can no longer be with the other that we may continue our adventure in life and find new loves to share it with.

CarlEllie4.jpg

Hiya, I'm so so sorry for your loss :hug:

your description of her made my eyes water, so touching.

my thoughts are with you xx

Thank you! I am glad that I could share that with you.

First, I am SO sorry about your grandma. <3 <3

Second... after reading some of your other posts and stuff, I know photography is SUPER important to you--- and you said you were going with the Enchanted Rose package through Disney? I just wanted to know if you've looked at any outside photographers. This might (A) get you better qualitiy and (B) save you lots of dough!!!! (I think you might really like The Roots, for instance?)

Just trying to help! :)

thank you, and I completely appreciate the thought on photography. But we are planning on having our reception in the Living Seas. So because it is in Epcot that kills using an outside vendor I believe. I plan on going to WDW in Aug. to meet with the photography department to hash out some questions. If you know of any loop holes with the disney photography only inside parks thing that would be awesome to know! I really hope you do! LOL

I'm so sorry about your granny! Mine is still kicking, but I can see her getting slower in many ways and that is hard. I grew up really close to my granny as well, I can't imagine how tough it must be for you. You'll be in my thoughts.

I wish you many wonderful memories with your granny. And when she decides she would like to rest... let all of the memories from childhood to the very last one fill your heart. I have done this and it has helped keep her alive. My sister has actually started the "grandma project" asking all of the cousins to type up and pass on their memories to her. She will then combine them. I may share some here, as I think there are many very hilarious memories!

I just wanted to let you all know ... tomorrow I should hear from my sales coordinator about our lottery! Fingers Crossed!

Next Post: Offical timing and location of wedding in WDW and a little bit about a wedding I plan on having in NJ

Your explanation about why you picked an Up themed wedding was so beautiful. It actually brought tears to my eyes!

Soooo, yesterday I got an email from my sales corridenator with our official time slots!

We won the lottery for the time I wanted!

Here is the email from her:

Hi!

We made it!! We got through the lottery and got our requests.
I’ll be holding the 230pm at the Wedding Pavilion, followed by the Living Seas. Do you want to add in the dessert party at this time? Did you have a preference in location for that portion?
Let me know. Of course, we just got a notice that our booking system is down. Figures! So, I’m hoping to have it all in the system today and send you confirmation by the end of today or tomorrow. J

Thank you for your patience!!

-:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ Stacey Meacham-:¦:-

I can not tell you all just how pleased that we have that time slot! If we didnt get that slot I wasn't going to do a DP. If we had the ceremony at 12pm, then all my guests would be waiting around before the DP for a couple of hours, and if it was 4pm ceremony it would have been too late for a DP in Epcot and we would have had to move out butts elsewhere for wishes. Also the 2:30 time slot is a nice hour of the day to have a wedding.

But it has worked out for us, I just hope any bride reading this wasn't trying to get that time slot.

So I sent Stacey this picture and I want to share it with all of you too. This was about 2 minutes after I got the email that I snapped this picture on photo booth.

Photo55.jpg

ughhh look at that shnoz on me! LOL... damn Mediterranean genes! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter