Arlise & John's Adventure Up! 06.09.12 NJ - Save the dates & new invitation design!

Ellie_N_Carl

Earning My Ears
:goodvibesHi hi!:goodvibes

So I have joined the fun and decided to start my own planning journal... hopefully this will not only be fun for everyone to read but also be a good way to for me to keep on top of things and get opinions!

Details:

Bride - Arlise
Groom - John
Date - 6.9.12
Location -Hackettstown, NJ

Our Story:

- We met through friends May of 2009
- At the time we met I was dating my ex who was how I got to be friends with the friends who introduced me to my DF
- My DF was single and recently officially divorced from his ex

- we socialized at gatherings but since I was involved I didnt give him much thought even though I could tell he definitely liked me

- April 2010 my ex and I decided it was best if we went back to being friends, dating each other just was bad idea but it brought me to my DF and it brought my ex to some personal clarity ... so :goodvibes

- May 2010, I was basicly begging my group of friends to go to a NYC museum with me... no one was biting ... that is except for John!

- May 2, 2010 we had our first (un)official date in the city. I refused to call it a date. I wanted to stay single and enjoy my life. I wasn't interested in getting serious. I had the time of my life that day. We went up town, down town, mid town. We stopped at FAO, ate at pop burger, went to the MOMA, then found a sushi opera karaoke place where we ate amazing sushi and heard some great opera for free!... then ended the night back up town at serendipity

That day I fell in love twice... the first time was with sushi and the the second time was with John.

- Our summer was filled with amazing adventures together

- Fall came around, I moved in with him

- January 6, 2011 he proposed to me.

I can't wait to share our proposal story with you. But John is just finished cleaning up the dinner he made me (im currently sick) and will be wanting to watch some Doctor Who together!

So till next time (which will probably be tomorrow...)

THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS!

Congratulations! Your first date sounds like an absolute blast! And I'm excited to read about your Up theme :goodvibes

Hope you feel better soon!

Congratz! Can't wait to see more of your plans, an UP! theme is so unique. I have seen some awesome engagement shoots with that theme, it will be nice to see a wedding!

Yay! Congratulations! And you were engaged on what is going to be my wedding day!!!!

I love Up, it's one of my all-time favorite movies (I bawl like a baby.) Can't wait to read more!

:goodvibesHi hi!:goodvibes

So I have joined the fun and decided to start my own planning journal... hopefully this will not only be fun for everyone to read but also be a good way to for me to keep on top of things and get opinions!

Details:

Bride - Arlise
Groom - John
Date - 5.2.12 and 10.11.12
5.2.12 Location - TDB - Justice of the Peace Wedding in NJ
10.11.12 Location -
WDW - C @ WP / R @ LS / DP in Epcot somewhere (i hope)

Our Story:

- We met through friends May of 2009
- At the time we met I was dating my ex who was how I got to be friends with the friends who introduced me to my DF
- My DF was single and recently officially divorced from his ex

- we socialized at gatherings but since I was involved I didnt give him much thought even though I could tell he definitely liked me

- April 2010 my ex and I decided it was best if we went back to being friends, dating each other just was bad idea but it brought me to my DF and it brought my ex to some personal clarity ... so :goodvibes

- May 2010, I was basicly begging my group of friends to go to a NYC museum with me... no one was biting ... that is except for John!

- May 2, 2010 we had our first (un)official date in the city. I refused to call it a date. I wanted to stay single and enjoy my life. I wasn't interested in getting serious. I had the time of my life that day. We went up town, down town, mid town. We stopped at FAO, ate at pop burger, went to the MOMA, then found a sushi opera karaoke place where we ate amazing sushi and heard some great opera for free!... then ended the night back up town at serendipity

That day I fell in love twice... the first time was with sushi and the the second time was with John.

- Our summer was filled with amazing adventures together

- Fall came around, I moved in with him

- January 6, 2011 he proposed to me.

I can't wait to share our proposal story with you. But John is just finished cleaning up the dinner he made me (im currently sick) and will be wanting to watch some Doctor Who together!

So till next time (which will probably be tomorrow...)

THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS!

Congrats! I look forward to reading your plans. We loved UP!!!! What a great theme.

You are currently planning on holding your DFTW one day before our 10 year anniversary. It's a great time of year to get married. Congrats again! :woohoo:

Thanks everyone! :)

This is the note that I posted on FB when I got engaged, and now I am so excited to share it with everyone here!

I have a very beautiful engagement ring on my finger and this is how it happened:

January 6th 2011 (orthodox Christmas, aka little Christmas) Santa brought a little present wrapped up in beautiful silver paper with a bow. Placed it in my stocking the night before, all day long I was home and had no idea that I had a present waiting for me!

When John came home, he turned on the Christmas tree lights, turned down the living room lights and made us dinner. A couple hours later, we got ready to watch the 3rd installment of The Santa Clause Movies with Tim Allen. (we were making it a holiday marathon event culminating on little Christmas) The Santa Clause movies are one my favorite Christmas movie and now are apart of our Christmas traditions.

Just as I got cosy on the couch, John said "you know sometimes Santa brings presents on little Christmas! Its a very little present, its in your stocking." I was shocked, I wasn't expecting anything. I ran to my stocking and got the present and sat on the couch. At this point I knew it was probably a ring, but really hadn't expected it this soon! So I was wondering if maybe it was earnings or something else, maybe to throw me off.

I unwrapped the present, and found a blue box, I opened it to find a blue jewelry box. I opened that box and found the ring that now sits on my engagment ring finger. I was so in love with the ring. John asked me "Will you be my wife?" I think I simply said "yes" but it could have been an "uh-hu" or even a nod, i don't really remember. I remember feeling loopy for some time, occasionally I would let out a yelp of happiness or a "I LOVE YOU" or "I LOVE THE RING". We watched the movie and I don't even know how I fell asleep that night I was so excited!

All I know is I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!!! I have one amazing partner... who looks especially cute right now.

This is the first set of images that I sent to my family and friends
The_Ring.jpg

Here is a more recent, more close up picture. I took this during breakfast at the GF before my site seeing tour with Stacey my sales lady at DFTW

DSCF0570.jpg

hiya & congratulations!

Love the idea of an UP! inspired theme. I liked the film, it was cute. Looking forward to hearing more.

happy planning x

Hi there, just joining in! :goodvibes
Love your ring, it is BEAUTIFUL! & I like the date/ theme you guys chose. I have seen so many great UP ideas lately it makes me want to re-think my theme!!!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Yay! You've started a pj!
Welcome and congrats! Gorgeous ring!
I LOVE UP! It's my favorite Pixar movie! I watch it over and over again! Can't wait to see all of your plans!

Oh I can't wait to hear about your plans!! I just love Up! When Carl finds their pictures in Ellie's book, I lose it-- but in a sappy/happy way! Congratulations!

Thank you for the complements on my ring. We worked together to find one. I did a lot of research before we went looking together.

To find one both my DF and I liked was a bit of a struggle. He would have preferred just one stone and I well I wanted the art on my finger!

We went to many shops. We went to the big names, the no names... and finally found it in a no name store in the mall. Where I also found my jewelry for the wedding the same day!

So when I saw this setting I didn't even look at it twice because I thought he wouldn't like it since it had so much going on. But he brought it to my attention, I was shocked and thrilled that he liked it. It was ours! I remember walking out of the shop feeling like i was walking on air. We walked down the mall corridor and ended up at the Disney Store... once I did a tour around my favorite store... I looked at him and said how did we end up here! We didnt know how we got from the jewelry shop to the Disney Store!

The magic of cloud nine, an engagement ring and Disney!

The stone color came about because I wanted something different... my favorite color is blue! I was originally wanting an aquamarine stone color... but quickly realized that wouldn't feel right. Not enough depth. But I knew I didnt want something too dark either. When we saw this stone, I fell in love. In some lights it was super dark, in other it was really light, and still in others its an in between. So I knew that was meant for me.

Besides my necklace and earings have aquamarine in them so i have that light blue too! ;-)

Congrats on your engagement. I love the UP theme and your ring is gorgeous. I can't wait to read about all of your plans!!

Hey Disney Wedding lovers!

Memorial day, the start of summer, BBQs, pools, warm weather and lots of fun.

This Memorial day my DF's parents have invited my parents and us over for a BBQ... which is going to be a lot of fun. Our parents really get a long so wonderfully. Which is a change of pace of our respective parents as each of them have dealt with inl aws they don't get a long with as well. My parents with my sister's in laws (well just my mom really) and my Df's parents tried to get along with his ex's parents but they had nothing in common.

So my memorial day BBQ should consist of good food and family fun. But there is one aspect of the whole weekend that causes me some stress, and is the reason I am posting this here on my PJ.....

BUDGET DISCUSSION TIME!!!!! We have a guesstimate from Disney and its about the same as a wedding up her in NJ would be. Sure up here I could have it on a Saturday, and a bit more food choices for everyone ... but its not Disney.

My dad was so excited about Disney up untill a month or so ago... when he did a 180 and is pushing for NJ. My Mom said if it were her wedding she'd rather it be up here, but knows I would like it in Disney and she would like to go to Disney in general with the family again anyways.

My future mother - in - law has been the best about it.. well both MIL and FIL have just said we need to be happy. MIL keeps saying this is only going to happen once for me (isnt that true!) and I should have things the way I would like them (of course within reason). "You dont want to regret not having you wedding how you would like to have it".

She is so sweet. But I feel like I am being pulled in two different directions and not able to stand my ground. Now of course like most weddings in this day and age, the payment is a family group venture so I feel I must listen to what everyone says because its their money involved too.

Well long story short, I think and hope that by next week I'll know for sure if it going to be in Disney or in NJ. You all know where it should be!!! where we want it to be!:bride: DISNEY BRIDES UNITE AND MEET IN NJ TO CONVINCE THE PARENTS! :bride: LOL

Wish me luck, and I'll keep you all posted!

THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS!

Good luck with your budget talk! It sounds like you really get along well with everyone involved, so I don't think it will be a problem. Just stay confident about what you want... both my parents and DF's parents had super small weddings themselves (my parents had about 10 people at theirs and DF's was just the two of them at a justice of the peace). So trying to convince them that we would really like many of our family and friends there, and the costs that go along with it, was intimidating. But it went really well and they were super supportive of what we wanted, even though it wasn't what they wanted. Hopefully it's the same for you!

Good luck with your budget talk! It sounds like you really get along well with everyone involved, so I don't think it will be a problem. Just stay confident about what you want... both my parents and DF's parents had super small weddings themselves (my parents had about 10 people at theirs and DF's was just the two of them at a justice of the peace). So trying to convince them that we would really like many of our family and friends there, and the costs that go along with it, was intimidating. But it went really well and they were super supportive of what we wanted, even though it wasn't what they wanted. Hopefully it's the same for you!

Thank you. We do all get along, I hope it stays that way after we talk money! LOL... I think they all (the parents) want us to have what we want.... we (my DF and I) just aren't sure how the money thing will work. I am really happy that your family understood and you are getting the wedding you dreamed off! :)

Good luck!!!! :wizard:

THank you!

Wish me luck everyone... and hopefully I'll have some news one way or another to say by the end of the weekend.

I hope everyone has a good holiday! :cool2:

Congratulations! :goodvibes What a beautiful ring, and sweet engagement story. I absolutely love the UP theme, can't wait to see what you do with it. I made Ellie badges for everyone to wear during the ceremony and dessert party, and I am going to pin them to the welcome bags, with a little explanation card tucked into the welcome bag folders. They are so cute! Good luck with your budget talk. I remember the initial stages of explaining to everyone that we were going to do a Disney wedding, and holding our breath that everyone would go for it! :rotfl: It might make you feel better to know that everyone was so excited and completely on board!

I was so excited for a minute, because I saw that you are getting married on Oct 11th, and I'm getting married on Oct 13th! Awesome!! Then I realized that your date is 2012. whoops! Well, I'm still really excited for you even if I am slow! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter