Are you bothered by outside noise?

I've seen a lot of people complain about noise outside of their rig be it from the highway, trains going by, aircraft, animals, kids, music, etc.
Looking for opinions and/or stories.
I'm one of those people who isn't bothered by what's going on outside with the exception of maybe gunshots and we really do try and avoid locations where that might be an issue. We've been at places where we're right near the highway and I don't hear a thing.
Gun shots do have an impact on noise levels. Hopefully, none of that at WDW.

I don't recall a night where I've lost sleep due to traffic/train noise. We've camped in many different locations, and actually I think a quiet campground, especially a more secluded one, would keep me up wondering what strange noises I was hearing. I remember tent camping in Yellowstone when I was a kid, and I heard twigs breaking and an animal sniffing. Scared the bejeebers outta me. Since then, I've camped (I think it was a KOA in Idaho? can't recall for sure) where there were trains going by that didn't bother me as much lol.

Highway noise doesn't bother me. Usually, our a/c is running and that drowns out conversational voices and other typical noises. Sometimes, we can only faintly hear fireworks or a train. If we can hear you over the a/c while we're trying to get to sleep, you're too loud.

I recall a significant push ever since college (1970-ish) to reduce noise pollution. So why on earth would I want to submit my aging, less-than-perfect receptors to electronic hearing devices to hear more noise and hear it more clearly? My wife confuses my reluctance to acquire them as stubbornness, whereas I profess it's my stout support for the anti-noise movement. Just me going green, ya know.

The only time I was really bothered by noise when camping was when I kayaked out to Lovell's Island in Boston Harbor with my tent. I found out on the first night that one of the runways from Logan Airport is lined up with the island... and the planes depart on a regular basis throughout the night. Fortunately there are no major airports at the Disney World property.

Not usually, but we just stayed in 2203, which is right by the road and right by the bus stop. There was a lot more noise that I'm used to and it bothered me a little. I tend to put the fan "On" at night so I have some background noise all night and that helps a lot.

Outside noise doesn't usually bother me, with occasional the exception of cast members emptying the trash bins early in the morning. I've definitely awoken from the loud bang of the bin closing. However, I'm an early riser, so it doesn't annoy me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter